U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 PM

15,034 posts, read 7,546,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I dont' read the bible and He never said those words. Just because it's in a book, does not make it true. Why would He lay down His life knowing that harming the soul, even our own, is not what God wants from us. We can protect ourselves and others from harm but when we knowingly harm our soul, no matter what reason, even to die for another, it is not in line with the law of Love.

Would you die in place of another if it meant losing your own soul. I think not. The soul is precious. The most precious substance in the universe and when harm comes to it, we pay the penalty and will need to forgive ourselves and another.

You disagree with all the great religions of the world, then, which teach the essential importance of self-sacrifice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 01:59 PM

4,325 posts, read 5,134,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I believe He said it, regardless of where I got the info.

The soul in its present state is enmity with God (carnal mind, emotions). If it's not disciplined back into a state of submission to the spirit, then we remain reprobate. That's what we know as conversion.
The soul can become Divine while on earth. Jesus taught that and He was the first to do so. As we acquire more of God's Divine Love, our soul change from the natural man to a Divine being. We don't have to remain in the state that we were born with.

In my own experience of acquiring this Love, I can attest that It has changed my own soul. I was in a pretty bad state when I first started praying for it and now, even after so little time (10 years) I have noticed, as well as others, that my thoughts and actions have changed. Divine Love is what did it and no belief in anything could have done that. As Jesus taught, we can all become as He was while on earth and we don't have to wait until the spirit world to do it.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:28 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,932,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! He IS right here beside me just as He promised.
no He is not-yet at the same time He is-He is there in your heart,but you cant see Him-you cant touch Him or hear His voice or speak His language,in other words although God exists inside the soul of everyliving entity that dosent mean that every living entity is contact with this energy-God exists inside this energy-but He also Has His personal form's aswell-this type of realization is the hardest to accheive-so when you say God is sitting there beside you telling you that everyone is goin to hell-thats just what you beleive and does not mean that it is truth- just because you think you know God dosent actually mean its true,infact your whole eternal hell beleif states that you still beleive in illusion and a complete lie about God-i think you should learn from your fellow christians( especielly the ones who have sussed this out)and learn the truth about the lie and stop putting God's good charachter down!!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 02:35 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,558,523 times
Quote:
The soul can become Divine while on earth. Jesus taught that and He was the first to do so. As we acquire more of God's Divine Love, our soul change from the natural man to a Divine being. We don't have to remain in the state that we were born with.

In my own experience of acquiring this Love, I can attest that It has changed my own soul. I was in a pretty bad state when I first started praying for it and now, even after so little time (10 years) I have noticed, as well as others, that my thoughts and actions have changed. Divine Love is what did it and no belief in anything could have done that. As Jesus taught, we can all become as He was while on earth and we don't have to wait until the spirit world to do it.
I apply quite a bit of what you're saying, with a few exceptions. The spirit of man is quickened when the life giving Spirit enters in, and the soul is punished (this is the war Christians face as the lusts of the flesh war against the call of holiness) - or what we know as "crucifying the flesh".

After conversion, the spirit of man eventually returns (if the cross is applied) to its rightful place as leader of that man, because it knows to lean on the Spirit of God; the soul does not, and is hell bent to serve itself.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:35 PM

21,421 posts, read 29,551,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
no He is not-yet at the same time He is-He is there in your heart,but you cant see Him-you cant touch Him or hear His voice or speak His language,in other words although God exists inside the soul of everyliving entity that dosent mean that every living entity is contact with this energy-God exists inside this energy-but He also Has His personal form's aswell-this type of realization is the hardest to accheive-so when you say God is sitting there beside you telling you that everyone is goin to hell-thats just what you beleive and does not mean that it is truth- just because you think you know God dosent actually mean its true,infact your whole eternal hell beleif states that you still beleive in illusion and a complete lie about God-i think you should learn from your fellow christians( especielly the ones who have sussed this out)and learn the truth about the lie and stop putting God's good charachter down!!!!
I believe what He said in Hebrews 13:5 "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." And yes I can hear Him, His spirit speaks to mine, I have relationship with Him, I know Him and He knows me. Eternal hell is taught in the Bible which you do not believe in.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:50 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,722,144 times
Quote:
I believe what He said in Hebrews 13:5 "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." And yes I can hear Him, His spirit speaks to mine, I have relationship with Him, I know Him and He knows me. Eternal hell is taught in the Bible which you do not believe in.
ILNC, He won't forsake anyone.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:56 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,932,213 times
Quote:
o.k. whatever floats your boat

Old 05-05-2010, 04:49 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,687,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
ILNC, He won't forsake anyone.
Actually the book of Hebrews is written to believers.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:53 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,558,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Actually the book of Hebrews is written to believers.
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know Me, from the least to the greatest. (Heb 8:11, see Jer 31:34)

Old 05-05-2010, 06:06 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,417,820 times
Quote:

Jesus was the first and the last who could do so!

I know your OP is not out of malice, rather...the intent to share your view, but as June would say...please take gentle spiritual care!

The Serpent's appeal was/is PRIDE...satan whisssspers..YOU ARE A GOD!

Peace!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or