U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 06:55 PM

6,229 posts, read 9,509,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Jesus was the first and the last who could do so!

I know your OP is not out of malice, rather...the intent to share your view, but as June would say...please take gentle spiritual care!

The Serpent's appeal was/is PRIDE...satan whisssspers..YOU ARE A GOD!

Peace!
I can agree wholeheartedly with that. Too many people have too much pride these days. And it comes straight from the devil himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 07:39 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,720,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Actually the book of Hebrews is written to believers.
He still won't forsake anyone.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:40 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,107,186 times
I agree that there's a lot of pride, especially spiritual pride. These threads have got me thinking on a few basics: to call no man unclean, to know that Love is the law, and that we can see how God converts the man He created simply by looking at the Damascus event. Don't ever let anyone tell you that God can't convert the sinner He created! What happened to Paul can happen to' all!!

Blessings,
brian

Old 05-06-2010, 03:49 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,130,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You disagree with all the great religions of the world, then, which teach the essential importance of self-sacrifice?
No. I disagree with any teachings that do not promote Love of God and each other. It's my right as a child of God to do so. It doesn't mean I think they are all bad or all good. It just means I look for those things that truely belong to God which is Love. All else is not real. Truth lies in Love and if love does not exist, then there is no truth.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You disagree with all the great religions of the world, then, which teach the essential importance of self-sacrifice?
Self-sacrifice, to me, is the sacrifice of the material world. Giving up the things that do not ring true to my soul like negatives. I cannot abide negative attitudes or when people treat each other as if one is better than another. Self sacrifice does not mean to lay down your life for another. That would bring harm to a soul. Jesus didn't do it and I surely won't do it as I would like to think that I am following Him in the way He lived His own life. I do stumble but then I get right back up and carry on. It doesn't make me a bad person, it just means I"m human just like everyone else.

If I find I'm in error of the things I believe while on this world and they are different in the spirit world, I would like to think that I would be able to change that belief or action to something that is more in harmony with God.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:59 AM

Quote:

I know your OP is not out of malice, rather...the intent to share your view, but as June would say...please take gentle spiritual care!

Peace!
I'm not quite sure what you're going on about but oh well. So be it.

I'm not a God so let's get that straight, shall we? I have no idea what you are referring to. If it's satan, I do not believe in him or that he exists.

Jesus was the first but He is not the last. He showed the way and it even states in your bible that we will be able to do great things, even greater than He. So, how does that mean that Jesus is the last. He was only the first.

I'm sharing my view just llike everyone else. I'm not here to sway others to my beliefs. I could care less what others believe as it has no bearing on my own journey. If I find something from anothers belief that does ring true to my soul, I will try to apply that to my own experiences.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:04 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,107,186 times
Reverend1111,
I agree with and I am edified by much of what you say. I personally believe that the most noble form of self-sacrifice is laying down one's life as well. To me, those who are led to do so are VERY close to true Sonship. (I'm not referring to laying down one's life in war, for example, but only for motives of Love.)

Blessings to you,
Brian

Old 05-06-2010, 05:21 AM

5,500 posts, read 4,413,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The soul can become Divine while on earth. Jesus taught that and He was the first to do so. As we acquire more of God's Divine Love, our soul change from the natural man to a Divine being. We don't have to remain in the state that we were born with.

In my own experience of acquiring this Love, I can attest that It has changed my own soul. I was in a pretty bad state when I first started praying for it and now, even after so little time (10 years) I have noticed, as well as others, that my thoughts and actions have changed. Divine Love is what did it and no belief in anything could have done that. As Jesus taught, we can all become as He was while on earth and we don't have to wait until the spirit world to do it.
The "us becoming divine beings" is what caused me to reply the way I did...without intending any malice as well. They are alarming to those who believe in scripture and not finding references to this claim in them. To me being divine is an attribute solely belonging to God Almighty.

Quote:

Peace!

Isaiah 44:6 "Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.

Isaiah 48:12 "Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called; I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

Revelation 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Revelation 1:17 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last,

Revelation 2:8 "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: The first and the last, who was dead, and has come to life, says this:

Revelation 21:6 Then He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.

If these verses do not bear any significance to you...then my sincere apology. May THE LORD guide you in your spiritual journey.

Peace!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:46 AM

1,838 posts, read 1,930,857 times
Quote:
The "us becoming divine beings" is what caused me to reply the way I did...without intending any malice as well. They are alarming to those who believe in scripture and not finding references to this claim in them. To me being divine is an attribute solely belonging to God Almighty.

!
actually being part of the divine nature is being pure and perfect and Jesus did say that we could(must) become perfect.....God is sharing His divine energy with everyone-it is pure transcendental bliss,it is what He is it is what we are-the only difference is that He is the complete whole and we are the parts-like the ocean and a drop of water from that ocean-we are the same in quality but not in quantity-He is LOVE and so are we,well at least in our original state of consioussness anyway because at the moment we are conditioned souls fallen from the spiritual plane and stuck here on the temporary material platform-but dont worry in time everyoner will make it back home since thats where we all came from-we are all souls eternal spiritual entity's that are a part and serve the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:

Isaiah 44:6 "Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.

Isaiah 48:12 "Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called; I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

Revelation 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Revelation 1:17 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last,

Revelation 2:8 "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: The first and the last, who was dead, and has come to life, says this:

Revelation 21:6 Then He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.

If these verses do not bear any significance to you...then my sincere apology. May THE LORD guide you in your spiritual journey.

Peace!
God is Divine and when we partake of His substance, Divine Love, we too can then become Divine as that is the only way one can come into the presence of God. Without Divinity, we cannot see God. That is all I'm saying. And yes, it is in your bible. Jesus spoke of it often but the actual words were not put into the bible as the writers did not know what it meant. Now what you see are words that surround that Truth. The parables of Jesus often refer to Divine Love.

Without the marriage garment (Divine Love) we cannot attend the feast (Heaven). This is the narrow way to the Kingdom of God.

Yes, God will always be the Alpha and the Omega as He is our creator. Jesus was the wayshower and once the way has been shown, we can then, in turn, show the way for others who have not heard of the narrow gate. I've told you and now it's up to you to take the key and let it work on your soul. All that is required is a belief in God. You can have your bible and your current beliefs. After a while though, all false beliefs will fall away. Maybe not here and now but it will happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or