U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:33 AM

21,417 posts, read 29,545,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The discussion is not about what books we read, but What If...
Read the OP. I just get tired of people referring to the fact that I don't read the bible. Do you say that to the muslims and jews or buddhists and monks?

No offense against you but the fact that you feel the need to point it out during discussions on threads in which you interact.

Sorry mods. Just gets old.
I simply stated what you have already stated, you don't believe the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 10:41 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,133,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sure, that's one form of self-sacrifice.

I was thinking of a different aspect though, as I think dobeable was when he/she mentioned dying for one's children. If your child was about to be shot, and if by jumping in front of your child and taking the bullet yourself you could save your child, wouldn't you? That's the kind of self-sacrifice I was talking about.
If I've done everything I could to help the offender out of love so that they too could feel loved and he or she still felt the need to shoot him, then yes. I see where you both are coming from.

I have to act on love first and foremost as I'm sure you would understand that need. Our time here is short and the things we do out of love are what we get "merited" for in the spirit world. If I jumped in front of the bullet without trying to do my best at showing love to another, then my dying would be in vain and not worth the risk of losing my own soul. Does that make more sense?

Old 05-06-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I simply stated what you have already stated, you don't believe the Bible.
Noted. I'm sure that most people on the forum know where I get my information. I don't hide it even if it means being persecuted. It's all good.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:56 AM

2,616 posts, read 3,921,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
What if someone in "hell" asks God for forgiveness, and promises to follow Jesus? Can he get out?

Love you guys no matter what you answer here,
Brian
No, no one in hell will ask for forgiveness. They have chosen where they will spend eternity. Jesus said that after we die we become like the angels. The angels had one choice and that was it. Satan will never ask for God's forgiveness and the bible mentions many times that he came into God's presence. Us humans get many times on this earth to re-evaluate what we believe, but once dead, that is it.

There is no such thing as pergatory. There is no way to pray someone out of hell. God did not make any escape clause. The Catholic teaching on this is wrong. It continues, because they look to non-Canonized scipture for doctrine (dueterocanonical books or seccond level). The bible is clear only Scripture is good for doctine, not non-scriptural writtings. So the Catholics have erred in this area.

Jesus went to hell at the time of his death to preach to those who died prior because until he died on the cross none could enter heaven. Prior to Jesus Christs death, all who were righteous went to "Abraham's bossom" and the unrighteous to hell (both located in the earth, but separated by a fixed gulf which none could pass). It is those in "Abraham's bossom" that he preached to and took to paradise with him.

Now all who die will go to either heaven or hell. It is written "It is appointed once unto man to die and then the judgement." As soon as you die you are judged and will go to that eternal place that you have chosen here on this earth.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:56 AM

15,025 posts, read 7,540,967 times
Quote:
I have to act on love first and foremost as I'm sure you would understand that need. Our time here is short and the things we do out of love are what we get "merited" for in the spirit world. If I jumped in front of the bullet without trying to do my best at showing love to another, then my dying would be in vain and not worth the risk of losing my own soul. Does that make more sense?
Well, analogies always break down eventually but honestly, this isn't making sense to me. You may or may not have the opportunity to show love to a person with a gun before they shoot. But regardless of whether or not you can show love to them, you would certainly be showing love to your child by jumping in front of them.

I'm thinking our focus is a bit skewed here, though. Jesus laying down his life wasn't just an example to us of how to love through self-sacrifice so that we could earn rewards to benefit our soul. No, it was the very means by which God's Spirit and love fills us, changes us, and overflows to those around us. Jesus laying down his life was the means through which he gives us his life.

When the Spirit brings us to a place of acknowledging our need for that life, no matter when that may be, then as the op asked, we're out of "hell". This is my understanding of what Jesus is telling us.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Sure, that's one form of self-sacrifice.

I was thinking of a different aspect though, as I think dobeable was when he/she mentioned dying for one's children. If your child was about to be shot, and if by jumping in front of your child and taking the bullet yourself you could save your child, wouldn't you? That's the kind of self-sacrifice I was talking about.
I found another message that may shed more light on my own comments:

When one participates in bringing about the destruction of mortal life, disregarding the well being of others, there is a great influence being exercised over these mortals to account for the effects of their actions, and to realize how their thoughts and desires play a part in the quality of their life. What would make a person want to destroy the life of another, even if indirectly? It is this that we ask of them, and it is helpful when others on earth also ask this question, and defend their right to speak against all acts of violence and warfare. I see your question of the moral right and wrong of self-defense when that defense results in taking anotherís life. I will clarify, again, that such as the law of love is between human souls and the Soul of God, you must clearly understand the life to be defended is the life of the soul, not the physical body.- Jesus

Old 05-06-2010, 10:59 AM

2,616 posts, read 3,921,880 times
Quote:
Noted. I'm sure that most people on the forum know where I get my information. I don't hide it even if it means being persecuted. It's all good.
Yes, you don't hide that you channel demons and get your doctrine from them and not the bible. This is a new age practice and is evil. Do not do it, do not listen to those demons, they will just lead you further and further astray.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:06 AM

15,025 posts, read 7,540,967 times
Quote:
I found another message that may shed more light on my own comments:

When one participates in bringing about the destruction of mortal life, disregarding the well being of others, there is a great influence being exercised over these mortals to account for the effects of their actions, and to realize how their thoughts and desires play a part in the quality of their life. What would make a person want to destroy the life of another, even if indirectly? It is this that we ask of them, and it is helpful when others on earth also ask this question, and defend their right to speak against all acts of violence and warfare. I see your question of the moral right and wrong of self-defense when that defense results in taking anotherís life. I will clarify, again, that such as the law of love is between human souls and the Soul of God, you must clearly understand the life to be defended is the life of the soul, not the physical body.- Jesus
Okay, not disagreeing with your thoughts on this. But we're not talking about self-defense or taking someone else's life. We're talking about laying down one's own life (self-sacrifice) to save another.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Yes, you don't hide that you channel demons and get your doctrine from them and not the bible. This is a new age practice and is evil. Do not do it, do not listen to those demons, they will just lead you further and further astray.
Where do you get that I channel? I've never said that and I don't. I have received messages but I don't do it for fun or even in a group. They are personal.
"Demons" are just souls who are in darkness. They will not harm a soul who is walking in Love. Our job is to help them, not remind them of their follies. Help them learn about love so that they can come out of darkness. If that is wrong, then I guess I'll be joining them in the spirit world.

And besides, those "demons" would never in a million years tell me to Love God and Love my neighbor. They would never go against their own beliefs just like you wouldn't.

Every soul who has died will progress. In the spirit world, we go to where our soul is fitted for or the condition it's in. From that point, it either stays in the same condition for a long period of time or it progresses right away. Through forgiveness of self and others or through Divine Love, all souls eventually progress out of their current state. We do not regress, always progress.

To say that we are forever in hell goes against everything that Jesus came to teach. Hell is a place as well as a condition. The condition of the soul creates the place of habitation. When you state that no one can get out of hell, you are only clarifying a false belief and it gives them no hope so they don't try. More harm comes from that false doctrine than any other doctrines. Teach love and you will do more good than giving no hope at all.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Okay, not disagreeing with your thoughts on this. But we're not talking about self-defense or taking someone else's life. We're talking about laying down one's own life (self-sacrifice) to save another.
Should we start over? I think I may be a little confused. I thought that self sacrifice was when you died for another person, according to the bible. I believe self sacrifice is not a material thing but a spiritual thing. For instance, Jesus gave up His material life (marriage, family, etc) so that He could do the Fathers will, being Love. This helped His soul become purified and then eventually Divine. So when we do acts of kindness, feed the hungry and even give all that we have, we are sacrificing ourself (soul) for another so that they may have the necessary things to survive in the world. Mother Teresa is another example. Although she didn't change the envioronment in which she taught, she helped bring Love to those who were suffering for material things like food and clothes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or