U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 01:15 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,710,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The word of God is absolute truth. Those who are spiritually dead (those who have never believed in Christ for salvation), and those who are carnal (out of fellowship-under the control of their old sin nature) can't understand the things of God. And those who veer away from the truth having once known it are of a rebellous nature. What the scriptures say to be true is true. That you choose not to believe the scriptures is your affair.

I am not posting any of what I have posted on this thread for your benefit. I wouldn't waste the time. I am posting for the benefit of those to whom it does make sense. For those who are interested in the truth of God's word.
And it seems that only YOUR version of interpretation is the truth, I take it?

Again Mike, it makes NO sense - well in terms of how we on earth understand sense. If, as the New Testament and some modern Christians understand it, Satan is the cause of ALL the trouble in the world, why is he removed (which allows peace on the earth) then released to create trouble all over again? Does this make ANY sense to you assuming we go with a literal interpretation?

If a serial killer has taken the lives of 30 people in an area, putting fear within the community and beyond, and he is caught and the killing stops and the fear subsides, what would you think of your authorities if they let him back out to resume what he does best? Let's be honest here a minute Mike and not hide behind all kinds of irrelevant scriptures that really have nothing to do with the immediate topic at hand. What would YOU think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 01:20 PM

701 posts, read 658,148 times
Quote:
The word of God is absolute truth. Those who are spiritually dead (those who have never believed in Christ for salvation), and those who are carnal (out of fellowship-under the control of their old sin nature) can't understand the things of God. And those who veer away from the truth having once known it are of a rebellous nature. What the scriptures say to be true is true. That you choose not to believe the scriptures is your affair.

I am not posting any of what I have posted on this thread for your benefit. I wouldn't waste the time. I am posting for the benefit of those to whom it does make sense. For those who are interested in the truth of God's word.
What Insane is trying to point out, I think, is that it does not make sense even under its own umbrella. God is a God who makes sense. He is not going to contradict Himself. I have studied this "secret" rapture stuff at length and it just makes no sense. Well, actually when you study the history of it, and realize where it finds its roots you start to understand the reasoning behind why Satan loves this particular error. For those interested in the truth of God's word, the "secret" rapture is somewhere scripture will never lead them.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:36 PM

20,292 posts, read 15,638,239 times
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
And it seems that only YOUR version of interpretation is the truth, I take it?

Again Mike, it makes NO sense - well in terms of how we on earth understand sense. If, as the New Testament and some modern Christians understand it, Satan is the cause of ALL the trouble in the world, why is he removed (which allows peace on the earth) then released to create trouble all over again? Does this make ANY sense to you assuming we go with a literal interpretation?

If a serial killer has taken the lives of 30 people in an area, putting fear within the community and beyond, and he is caught and the killing stops and the fear subsides, what would you think of your authorities if they let him back out to resume what he does best? Let's be honest here a minute Mike and not hide behind all kinds of irrelevant scriptures that really have nothing to do with the immediate topic at hand. What would YOU think?
Truth has no versions. It is absolute. A proper approach to the word of God renders an accurate understanding of it.

'IT' (Satan's temporay release at the end of the Millennium) makes perfect sense and I have already explained it as it relates to the angelic conflict. And I have provided a site which goes into great detail concerning the angelic conflict. Repeating it all again will serve no purpose. Go back and study what I said and what is on the website provided. Or don't. That's up to you.

Final comment.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:51 PM

20,292 posts, read 15,638,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
What Insane is trying to point out, I think, is that it does not make sense even under its own umbrella. God is a God who makes sense. He is not going to contradict Himself. I have studied this "secret" rapture stuff at length and it just makes no sense. Well, actually when you study the history of it, and realize where it finds its roots you start to understand the reasoning behind why Satan loves this particular error. For those interested in the truth of God's word, the "secret" rapture is somewhere scripture will never lead them.
You are another who is wise only in his own eyes. But the reality is that you wallow in ignorance. As I have already told you on another thread, it is only those who oppose the pre-Tribulational rapture that make an issue out of a so called 'secret' rapture. The rapture will occur quickly. In the blink of an eye and all church-age believers will be caught up into the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And as I have already told the other poster, Satan's release at the end of the Millennium makes perfect sense. It all has to do with the angelic conflict. I have provided material concerning it.

You have shown one doctrinal error after another since you began posting on this forum. You reject the pre-Tribulational rapture, you don't believe in the Millennium, and if I remember correctly, you believe in the heresy of soul sleep.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
[

Truth has no versions. It is absolute. A proper approach to the word of God renders an accurate understanding of it.

'IT' (Satan's temporay release at the end of the Millennium) makes perfect sense and I have already explained it as it relates to the angelic conflict. And I have provided a site which goes into great detail concerning the angelic conflict. Repeating it all again will serve no purpose. Go back and study what I said and what is on the website provided. Or don't. That's up to you.

Final comment.
Mike, just from a casual glance at this forum, there are 1 million different opinions on different topics in or about the Bible. You are often giving your opinions on these topics or presenting topics of your own. Your idea of truth is sometimes different from other peoples. Why is YOUR version/interpretation the correct one?

I'll go back and read the website, but I can assure you, I am sure it is NOT going to make any sense because I have yet to hear a sensible answer.

Satan is currently on the loose = trouble

Satan is bound for 1,000 years = no trouble

Satan is released after 1,000 years = trouble

Satan is cast into the Lake of Fire = No trouble

Where is the need for a degree in theology to NOT see the simple pattern here? My question is, what sensible reason can be dreamed up to explain why he is released AFTER 1,000 years when all he is going to do is stir up trouble all over again? Doesn't this present your god as a sadistic monster? Why would I or anyone want to serve such a god?

Old 05-02-2010, 02:29 PM

153 posts, read 249,329 times
Default Satan is fiction

Zeus, Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Batman ....Satan...all figments of the human mind...the most dangerous thing in the universe.

Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, Muslims.....and anyone who follows such foolishness of the human mind are blinded to the fact that the Great Mystery does not lie in the human mind.

Give it up....Satan does not exist .... you and I exist and the evil and good that we do are our own to bear...so stop blaming all the evil in the universe on Satan or Santa Claus...go look in the mirror....and if you so desire to be called Satan...then so be it...because you, I and all humans did it....aho

Old 05-02-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Mike, just from a casual glance at this forum, there are 1 million different opinions on different topics in or about the Bible. You are often giving your opinions on these topics or presenting topics of your own. Your idea of truth is sometimes different from other peoples. Why is YOUR version/interpretation the correct one?

I'll go back and read the website, but I can assure you, I am sure it is NOT going to make any sense because I have yet to hear a sensible answer.

Satan is currently on the loose = trouble

Satan is bound for 1,000 years = no trouble

Satan is released after 1,000 years = trouble

Satan is cast into the Lake of Fire = No trouble

Where is the need for a degree in theology to NOT see the simple pattern here? My question is, what sensible reason can be dreamed up to explain why he is released AFTER 1,000 years when all he is going to do is stir up trouble all over again? Doesn't this present your god as a sadistic monster? Why would I or anyone want to serve such a god?
Hey, were you by any chance able to read post #28? Would love to get your feedback on whether that made more sense to you or not. It gives a proper break down of the 1000 years and then great detail on what the binding of Satan is really talking about. Most of the nonsensical stuff I see regarding this all stems from a complete lack of understanding about the 1000 years itself.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
You are another who is wise only in his own eyes. But the reality is that you wallow in ignorance. As I have already told you on another thread, it is only those who oppose the pre-Tribulational rapture that make an issue out of a so called 'secret' rapture. The rapture will occur quickly. In the blink of an eye and all church-age believers will be caught up into the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And as I have already told the other poster, Satan's release at the end of the Millennium makes perfect sense. It all has to do with the angelic conflict. I have provided material concerning it.

You have shown one doctrinal error after another since you began posting on this forum. You reject the pre-Tribulational rapture, you don't believe in the Millennium, and if I remember correctly, you believe in the heresy of soul sleep.
Wow! Just wow!

"there are none so blind as those who refuse to see"

Old 05-02-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
Hey, were you by any chance able to read post #28? Would love to get your feedback on whether that made more sense to you or not. It gives a proper break down of the 1000 years and then great detail on what the binding of Satan is really talking about. Most of the nonsensical stuff I see regarding this all stems from a complete lack of understanding about the 1000 years itself.

I'll go back to read it. Thanks!

Old 05-02-2010, 04:07 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,427,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Eusebius,

Your use of "in the Lord's day" dismantles your view.

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, "Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea."
Nope, sorry but "EN" was used which means "IN" as "IN the Lord's day" and not "EPI" which is "on" in Greek.

He is to send what he wrote to the 7 churches which will be in the future day John saw.

Quote:
The book of Revelation was an actual letter from John to the seven churches in Asia Minor. It is not a mystical open-ended letter written to any and all churches that have existed since then. Neither do the seven churches represent different church ages. They were real churches, and it was to them that the events of Revelation would "soon" happen. But you can believe what you want and call Christ, Paul, James, Peter, John and every other OT prophet and saint a liar, that's fine by me. We will be here waiting for you with open arms.
I agree the churches do not represent different church ages and agree it was not written to all churches that have existed since then.

It is to the future churches IN the Lord's day that these things shall occur swiftly.

I do not call Christ, Paul, James, Peter, John and every other OT prophet and saint a liar by what I believe.

No world-wide earth quake, no Day of the Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity