U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:42 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,724,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
first off, I just want to apologize for not responding sooner. I haven't been responding on this forum, for the last week, due to finals in school. Regarding Satan, he is the angel that was once known as Lucifer. God never has nor ever will create anyone evil. Lucifer was created to have free will(the ability to make his own choices). He chose to let selfishness and pride take hold in his heart. If he had been created evil than he wouldn't have had a choice in the matter and therefore could not be held accountable for his actions. Just because God knew what choice Lucifer would make, doesn't mean God designed him to make that choice.

Yes that is correct.

2 Peter 3:10 “But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.”

Revelation 6:14 “And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.”

Well he is never technically "let loose" because he is technically never "bound". You see it all has to do with simply the chronology of events. When Christ comes the earth is laid to waist. Satan is then "bound" to this planet with nobody to tempt or torment (because they are all dead or in Heaven). Then, after the 1000 years Christ returns, with the new jerusalem, and those that were saved at his second coming. When He returns this 3rd time, all those that died at His 2nd coming, along with all those who were not resurrected at His 2nd coming, are at this time resurrected. Now satan has people to tempt and/or torment once again, and so he is "let loose" in a sense, to interact with them. it is at this time that he convinces everyone to attack this new city which has descended from Heaven. As they seek to overthrow the New Jerusalem, Christ stands in judgement of them and it is then that every knee shall bow and every voice shall proclaim that God is just. After they have been judged, the lake of fire is created and Satan and all his angels are thrown into it. Fire then consumes the rest of those that chose not God's kingdom, and after they are consumed completely, God remakes the Earth brand new and establishes His kingdom here eternally.
So let me see if I get this straight. God destroys the earth and lets it sit for 1,000 years before he decides to do something with it again??? From what I recall, after Satan is loosed again, he immediately goes out and leads the nations against god. How does these nations magically appear in existence if just prior, the earth is 'laid waste' (void of people)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 10:27 AM

701 posts, read 659,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
So let me see if I get this straight. God destroys the earth and lets it sit for 1,000 years before he decides to do something with it again??? From what I recall, after Satan is loosed again, he immediately goes out and leads the nations against god. How does these nations magically appear in existence if just prior, the earth is 'laid waste' (void of people)?
I think you may have missed part of my post. When Christ returns at the end of the 1000 years, all those who died at His 2nd coming(which started the 1000 years), along with those who were not resurrected at that time, are then resurrected at the end of the 1000 years. here is the chronology:

1. Christ's second coming, seen by all those alive on earth both good and bad. At this time there is a resurrection of the righteous and they along with the righteous who were still alive, are caught up to meet Christ in the air. those left on earth are destroyed along with the earth.

2. You have the 1000 year period of time in which Satan is here on a desolate earth. All the unrighteous are dead, and the righteous are in heaven with Christ.

3. After the 1000 years are over, the righteous return to earth with Christ, and the New city of Jerusalem, and it is at this time that the unrighteous are resurrected. Now having people to tempt again, Satan sets out to deceive those who were just resurrected into thinking they can overthrow this new city. that is when Christ says enough and pronounces final judgement on the unrighteous.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I think you may have missed part of my post. When Christ returns at the end of the 1000 years, all those who died at His 2nd coming(which started the 1000 years), along with those who were not resurrected at that time, are then resurrected at the end of the 1000 years. here is the chronology:

1. Christ's second coming, seen by all those alive on earth both good and bad. At this time there is a resurrection of the righteous and they along with the righteous who were still alive, are caught up to meet Christ in the air. those left on earth are destroyed along with the earth.

2. You have the 1000 year period of time in which Satan is here on a desolate earth. All the unrighteous are dead, and the righteous are in heaven with Christ.

3. After the 1000 years are over, the righteous return to earth with Christ, and the New city of Jerusalem, and it is at this time that the unrighteous are resurrected. Now having people to tempt again, Satan sets out to deceive those who were just resurrected into thinking they can overthrow this new city. that is when Christ says enough and pronounces final judgement on the unrighteous.
And this takes me back to the original question of this thread in a sense. Not only is Satan let loose "after 1,000 years" but now (according to your theology) 'unrighteous' people are resurrected just so Satan can have people to deceive into a futile battle with god? What sense does this make?

Old 05-09-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
And this takes me back to the original question of this thread in a sense. Not only is Satan let loose "after 1,000 years" but now (according to your theology) 'unrighteous' people are resurrected just so Satan can have people to deceive into a futile battle with god? What sense does this make?

they are not resurrected "just so Satan can have people to deceive" they are resurrected to face their final judgement. Imagine that Satan is in a prison yard all by himself awaiting sentencing. then all of a sudden all the unrighteous are sent to the same yard to await their sentencing. Satan is not really let loose, as much as he lets loose on those that he now has access to. they are resurrected though to face their sentencing, not for the purpose of Satan to deceive them, that is simply the natural result of Satan being who he is.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
they are not resurrected "just so Satan can have people to deceive" they are resurrected to face their final judgement. Imagine that Satan is in a prison yard all by himself awaiting sentencing. then all of a sudden all the unrighteous are sent to the same yard to await their sentencing. Satan is not really let loose, as much as he lets loose on those that he now has access to. they are resurrected though to face their sentencing, not for the purpose of Satan to deceive them, that is simply the natural result of Satan being who he is.
So this is part of god's great plan? This sounds like a Roman emperor sitting in the Coliseum watching a blood sport and getting his kicks. First his 'second coming' kills them all, then he resurrects them to let Satan loose on them and draw out the human drama even more.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:26 PM

589 posts, read 1,318,247 times
I think God allows all these rebellions by Satan for a purpose, so that it becomes a memorial for eternity. It is like making history for the books to serve as a lesson that we will never forget. Every one of us then will know what it is like to live in peace, love, and harmony under God's Law in contrast to the pain and suffering when we break it. In the future we will have eternal life and perhaps after millions and billions of years someone among us may contemplate to rebel but will be dissuaded by knowing the consequences.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:34 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,778,440 times
Quote:
Didn`t satan have access to them before they died the first time?

Old 05-09-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
I think God allows all these rebellions by Satan for a purpose, so that it becomes a memorial for eternity. It is like making history for the books to serve as a lesson that we will never forget. Every one of us then will know what it is like to live in peace, love, and harmony under God's Law in contrast to the pain and suffering when we break it. In the future we will have eternal life and perhaps after millions and billions of years someone among us may contemplate to rebel but will be dissuaded by knowing the consequences.

Well said!

Old 05-09-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
So this is part of god's great plan? This sounds like a Roman emperor sitting in the Coliseum watching a blood sport and getting his kicks. First his 'second coming' kills them all, then he resurrects them to let Satan loose on them and draw out the human drama even more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Didn`t satan have access to them before they died the first time?
Like I said they are not resurrected for the benefit of Satan or so that Satan can deceive them. They are resurrected to face judgement and sentencing. this final resurrection is about justice. I think I posted this example on another thread, but take for instance a guy that died, say in 1998 at the ripe old age of 92. He died in his sleep with a smile on his face, however he spent his entire adult life molesting, raping, and killing young boys. He was never caught. Justice demands that he must answer for his sins. This is the basic principle surrounding the 2nd resurrection. It is not about Satan having access to them again, that is simply a byproduct of the fact that He will be in the same camp as them, there to stand trial for their sins.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Like I said they are not resurrected for the benefit of Satan or so that Satan can deceive them. They are resurrected to face judgement and sentencing. this final resurrection is about justice. I think I posted this example on another thread, but take for instance a guy that died, say in 1998 at the ripe old age of 92. He died in his sleep with a smile on his face, however he spent his entire adult life molesting, raping, and killing young boys. He was never caught. Justice demands that he must answer for his sins. This is the basic principle surrounding the 2nd resurrection. It is not about Satan having access to them again, that is simply a byproduct of the fact that He will be in the same camp as them, there to stand trial for their sins.
So, their next judgment is Stan having a field day with them??? I mean, is ALL of that necessary? How much beating up does god need to inflict on them before he is satisfied? What about the those who were not rapists, molesters, murderers and any other evil souls we can think of? What if they were just good people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity