U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 12:19 AM

701 posts, read 659,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
So, their next judgment is Stan having a field day with them??? I mean, is ALL of that necessary? How much beating up does god need to inflict on them before he is satisfied? What about the those who were not rapists, molesters, murderers and any other evil souls we can think of? What if they were just good people?

when all is said and done every knee shall bow and every voice shall proclaim that God is just. You seem far too caught up on what Satan is going to be doing. He isn't going to be having some sort of "field day" with them. It's not like he is going to be sticking pins and needles in them or anything. All of these people will have already let Satan have his way with them from the standpoint of rejecting God. The actual judgement carried out will be eternal death. the means by which it will be carried out will be the lake of fire, now some will burn up like flash paper experiencing no pain, however others will burn like Iron, each according to what they have done. God is not unjust and He is not without mercy. I believe the "good" people who rejected God will simply be consumed so quick they won't feel a thing, the worst thing for them will be the realization that they turned their back on the truth about God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 12:25 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,567,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
The actual judgement carried out will be eternal death...
1 Corinthians 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Eternal death
Death destroyed

Something doesn't sound right.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
1 Corinthians 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Eternal death
Death destroyed

Something doesn't sound right.
Sounds perfectly right. Once Satan and the rest are consumed, death will never occur again, having been destroyed. What do you think it means by death being destroyed? That every death will be unwound, and nobody will have ever died?

Old 05-10-2010, 07:52 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,725,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
when all is said and done every knee shall bow and every voice shall proclaim that God is just. You seem far too caught up on what Satan is going to be doing. He isn't going to be having some sort of "field day" with them. It's not like he is going to be sticking pins and needles in them or anything. All of these people will have already let Satan have his way with them from the standpoint of rejecting God. The actual judgement carried out will be eternal death. the means by which it will be carried out will be the lake of fire, now some will burn up like flash paper experiencing no pain, however others will burn like Iron, each according to what they have done. God is not unjust and He is not without mercy. I believe the "good" people who rejected God will simply be consumed so quick they won't feel a thing, the worst thing for them will be the realization that they turned their back on the truth about God.

I think someone asked already, but why not simply judge them the first time around - the first time they die, in other words. What's up with this "let them rot for 1,000 years and then bring them back to life so I can judge them again???" Why 1,000 years? Why not 1 day, 2 weeks, 1 year, 1 million years??

I realize you might think your answer sounds better than the next guy or a non-answer, but frankly Nelson, it sounds just as "out there." This is NO disrespect to you as a person and I appreciate you answering, but as a thinking person, I just cannot see the logic in it.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I think someone asked already, but why not simply judge them the first time around - the first time they die, in other words. What's up with this "let them rot for 1,000 years and then bring them back to life so I can judge them again???" Why 1,000 years? Why not 1 day, 2 weeks, 1 year, 1 million years??

I realize you might think your answer sounds better than the next guy or a non-answer, but frankly Nelson, it sounds just as "out there." This is NO disrespect to you as a person and I appreciate you answering, but as a thinking person, I just cannot see the logic in it.
Clearly, the truest reason of why God does what He does lies with God. He is the one with ALL knowledge, and therefore could have a myriad of reasons that simply lay outside our scope of understanding. That being said, logic can still deduce rational reasons for the order in which events play out. God knows when a person dies, the choices they have made in life and therefore knows what their final judgment will be. The final judgement that takes place after the 2nd resurrection isn't just about God doling out judgement, it is also about the multitude that witnesses it. In dealing with sin God understands that it has to be handle in such a way that it never arises again, and complete transparency is one of the ways that is accomplished. If God just dealt with each individual, basically in pvt, then there would be no transparency. Handling it the way scripture lays it out is the only way for every being who has ever lived to see the whole thing themselves and see that God has dealt justly with all.

As to the reasoning behind why 1000 years needs to go by before the final judgement takes place, I don't know. I imagine it is to give ample time to those just redeemed from the earth to recuperate from the last 6000 years (give or take) of battling sin on this world. there could certainly be all sorts of reasons though for the 1000 years being that specific length of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity