U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-06-2010, 02:29 PM
 
Location: New York City
668 posts, read 802,492 times
Reputation: 363

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Do not forget the justification by works:

You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. James 2:24
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2010, 01:00 AM
 
9 posts, read 8,830 times
Reputation: 11
The name Jesus is not even 500 years old so how could that be the name. The bible says that only one name under heaven must men be saved and it aint Jesus. 1611 King James bible Jesus is not found. The name was Iesous and we know that wasnt Christ name because Christ wasnt greek and Iesous is a grrk name. He had a hebrew name and there was no J in the hebrew alaphabet, so rid yourself of the pagan name Jesus. Satan deceives the world with this one lie. And it started with the fake jews who says that YHWH is to sacred to pronounce so they change the Y to a J and the W to a V JHVH Jahovah which was not the most highs name. But you will have people saying it doest matter. Does it matter? If it is the truth it matters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 06:04 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,130,233 times
Reputation: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Texan View Post
The name Jesus is not even 500 years old so how could that be the name. The bible says that only one name under heaven must men be saved and it aint Jesus. 1611 King James bible Jesus is not found. The name was Iesous and we know that wasnt Christ name because Christ wasnt greek and Iesous is a grrk name. He had a hebrew name and there was no J in the hebrew alaphabet, so rid yourself of the pagan name Jesus. Satan deceives the world with this one lie. And it started with the fake jews who says that YHWH is to sacred to pronounce so they change the Y to a J and the W to a V JHVH Jahovah which was not the most highs name. But you will have people saying it doest matter. Does it matter? If it is the truth it matters
So the name was Iesus because the letter "J" wasn't part of the alphabet?

Blessings,
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Oregon
3,066 posts, read 2,948,477 times
Reputation: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
]>>The phrase, “Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved,” is used three times in the Bible—once in Joel 2:32 as part of a prophetic account, once in Acts 2:21 by the Apostle Peter during his address at Pentecost, and once in Romans 10:13 by the Apostle Paul in his address to the Roman church

RESPONSE:

Since Joel is from the Old Testament and claims of a second divine person would be anathema, doesn’t “the Lord” refer to God the Father?

Last edited by ancient warrior; 11-18-2010 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: Removed the many "{SIZE} inserts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 07:26 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,371 posts, read 20,096,324 times
Reputation: 2117
I see calling on the name of the Lord as a daily thing, not a one time thing, i also see it as an acknowledging thing too, as in acknowledging him in all our ways , as in acknowledging that he's with us,for myself personally, it's where i draw my strength from in life, and salvation is never far away then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,713 posts, read 32,163,063 times
Reputation: 9463
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
More out of context verses Ugg.

Heb.10
[26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

That is not saying someone who was saved, it is saying if you hear the trusth (The saving Grace of Jesus) yet you deny it and still want to be judged by the law, you will be judged by the law, every 613 of them.
I think it means that when accept Christ as your saviour you are saved. There is no need for another sacrifice, or being saved a 2nd time after you slip. Repent, and you will be forgiven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,713 posts, read 32,163,063 times
Reputation: 9463
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Why is Jesus called the Savior of the world if he does not in-fact save the world?
The same reason Obama is called the President of all Americans, even those who did not vote for him, and reject his polices.

Obama, the president. Jesus, the Saviour. It's a title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 10:55 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,321,786 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The same reason Obama is called the President of all Americans, even those who did not vote for him, and reject his polices.

Obama, the president. Jesus, the Saviour. It's a title.
Exactly. In a very real sense, Obama as President represents all Americans as our Federal head, whether all voted for him or not. This is the argument that Paul sets forth too in Romans Chapter 5. Let's think this through for a moment:

Our Federal head (or representative) in the garden was Adam, whether we wanted him to be or not, similar to Obama. When Obama looks bad, Americans look bad. When Adam sinned, we sinned:

Rom 5:12 because of this, even as through one man the sin did enter into the world, and through the sin the death; and thus to all men the death did pass through, for that all did sin;

Unlike the transgression of the first Covenant (Covenant of Works), Jesus, the second Adam (1 Cor 15:45), enters into a New Covenant (Covenant of Grace) with God on the Worlds behalf, but this time the Covenant is fulfilled by Jesus' obedience:

Rom 5:18 So, then, as through one offence to all men it is to condemnation, so also through one declaration of `Righteous' it is to all men to justification of life;
Rom 5:19 for as through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners: so also through the obedience of the one, shall the many be constituted righteous.

This is why I believe in universal redemption, and that Jesus is THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD. It is plainly taught in scripture that all are declared justified and all will be (future tense) constituted righteous. And it is taught using the very reasons you've given: Federal Headship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,713 posts, read 32,163,063 times
Reputation: 9463
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Exactly. In a very real sense, Obama as President represents all Americans as our Federal head, whether all voted for him or not.
Yes, he is the President whether people reject him or not. However, that does not mean everyone will agree with his policies. The title of Saviour does not mean the Saviour will save everyone, it just says He is the Saviour. There are no other Saviours but Him. Many people still reject what He has to offer, just like many reject what Obama has to offer. Just like with Obama, who have enemies who try to undermine everything he does, there are people who try to undermine everything Jesus taught. He is the Saviour, and He will save everyone who will accept the free gift.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-18-2010 at 11:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 11:22 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,700,691 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, he is the President whether people reject him or not. However, that does not mean everyone will agree with his policies. The title of Saviour does not mean the Saviour will save everyone, it just says He is the Saviour. There are no other Saviours but Him. Many people still reject what He has to offer, just like many reject what Obama has to offer. Just like with Obama, who have enemies who try to undermine everything he does, there are people who try to undermine everything Jesus taught.
Unlike the president, Jesus policies are perfect, some reject now, just like anyone here has at one time rejected Jesus, then later came to understand and willingly accept those perfect policies.

The term title also does not accuratly describe Jesus role as Saviour of the world.

God sent his son to be this, not just to be called it.

Does Jesus atone for all sins as an active result of what he was sent to do?

1Jn 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

Do we then reinterpret another verse worded in like manner to imply something completely different. I see no context that requires me to do that.

1Jn 4:14 . And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son [to be] the Saviour of the world.


There is more than just a title, it is Gods word sent and it will not return void. If all sins are not atoned for Gods word returns void, If the whole world is not saved then Gods word returned void.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top