U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 04:25 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,394,235 times

Advertisements

Sinners... Because they decide their own fate.

I find it amusing that sinners have all the power while the Godly are slaves to God.

Anyone who says that by rejecting God you thwart God's will that all are saved is... IMO... confused as to who is more powerful...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 04:45 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,717,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Sinners... Because they decide their own fate.

I find it amusing that sinners have all the power while the Godly are slaves to God.

Anyone who says that by rejecting God you thwart God's will that all are saved is... IMO... confused as to who is more powerful...

Worse when they (sinners) have chariots of iron (Judges 1:19).

Old 05-04-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Worse when they (sinners) have chariots of iron (Judges 1:19).
What a funny verse...

The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had iron chariots.

Did the men of Judah and God have the iron chariots or the people from the plains?

Old 05-04-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
What a funny verse...

The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had iron chariots.

Did the men of Judah and God have the iron chariots or the people from the plains?

He (god) was WITH Judah, but him and Judah were no match for the people in the plains who were using chariots.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:28 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,290,245 times
God wants praise.......something I think you are missing about God. The whole purpose of Creation, for praise and glory.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
God wants praise.......something I think you are missing about God. The whole purpose of Creation, for praise and glory.
Sounds like a petty fellow.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Are you saying that God derives pleasure from his creation's worship of him?
Isn't that anthropomorphizing God? or is he as emotional as someone with an EGO?

If we were capable of not having an EGO, would we care if someone worshiped us or would it be MORE pleasurable to give good gifts?

Giving a sinner grace for no reason but love for that sinner is the picture I have of God. God doesn't require something from the sinner if he inspired this to be written:

Romans 11:35 "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?"

Job 41:11 "Who has given to Me that I should repay him? Whatever is under the whole heaven is Mine.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:02 PM

30,248 posts, read 20,001,723 times
The will of man and the devil

Old 05-04-2010, 06:11 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,290,245 times
Quote:
Are you saying that God derives pleasure from his creation's worship of him?
Isn't that anthropomorphizing God? or is he as emotional as someone with an EGO?
Yes.
No.
Anything and everything that God does, is for the praise and glory of Him.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:28 PM

7,868 posts, read 6,675,483 times
God has more power than the will of man or the devil but he is gracous to give man and the devil that option.... The devil turned once and God rejected him. Man was given the option to rule of the earth with him or by him self with out him......but with the grace of Jesus Man is given the option to be saved from damnation thoughout Man life......Still God power is supernatural and far more powerful than the devils natural power and mans carnal power.......Glory to God.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity