U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:47 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Why can't anyone get this. Is it because you do not believe the Gospel?

Correct...I don't believe false gospels. UR is one of many.

"If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing."

People like this have\do the following:
    • "has an unhealthy interest in controversies"
    • "quarrels about words" that produce:
      • envy
      • strife
      • malicious talk
      • evil suspicions
      • constant friction
Malicious talk is becoming a trait you should consider waving goodby to http://http.cdnlayer.com/cf/images/smilies/wave.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 10:02 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,285,528 times
Quote:
Where does it say in scripture that the Holy Spirit can not regenerate a person after physical death?
Where does it say that He will?

Old 05-07-2010, 10:19 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,313,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Where does it say that He will?
I don't think scripture does. However, Jesus did say that the Spirit gives life WHERE (not when but where) He wishes...

Joh 3:8 "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

The Greek word we translate "where" is:

G3699
ὅπου
hópou; comp. relative adv. from poú (G4226), where. Of place, meaning where, in which or what place.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:03 AM

I give up...lol...just tell the ETer's that AlabamaStorm say's to put the lighter fluid and matches away, can ya' do that for me.....LOL

Old 05-08-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
I don't think scripture does. However, Jesus did say that the Spirit gives life WHERE (not when but where) He wishes...

Joh 3:8 "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

The Greek word we translate "where" is:

G3699
ὅπου
hópou; comp. relative adv. from poú (G4226), where. Of place, meaning where, in which or what place.
Sounds like inference to me...a little imposition?

Quote:
I give up...lol...just tell the ETer's that AlabamaStorm say's to put the lighter fluid and matches away, can ya' do that for me.....LOL
We got the stash off you...don't you remember?

Old 05-08-2010, 03:28 AM

30,138 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Correct...I don't believe false gospels. UR is one of many.

"If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing."

People like this have\do the following:
    • "has an unhealthy interest in controversies"
    • "quarrels about words" that produce:
      • envy
      • strife
      • malicious talk
      • evil suspicions
      • constant friction
\
Translated correctly by the orthodox religious system , if you don't agree with the orthodox interpretation of the scriptures you are all the above.

To me they are all traits of those evangelical about eternal torment, after all, you repented , you found God through your own seeking , you made a decision for him,you were lost and found your way back to the fold, you are not like this publican here, you never squandered your Father's inheritance,you despise those who freely receive, you believe the bible to be your God more than believing God is God, so why wouldn't you be envious ,in strife , quarrel and talk maliciously about those who simply believe it's God who draws all men unto Himself through the revelation of His son to them, who is able to do this (that is draw all men unto himself) , for has the scriptures say's "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us".

God is at work in all of us , yes even the unbeliever , but the Fundy has a hard time believing this because they can't look back and see God's hand on them when they were in unbelief , they really believe they came on their own accord and by using their own faith.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:33 AM

Wow....my post survived!...I guess this means I'm off probation...lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Sounds like inference to me...a little imposition?
Perhaps it is...if Twin can Spin, why not? Twin said that ONLY judgment awaits a person after death. I asked for scripture (called his bluff) and he had nothing to show . I'm not saying the Holy Spirit DOES regenerate after death. But I wanted to know where it says in scripture He CAN NOT. You would tell us if you could, right?

Quote:
We got the stash off you...don't you remember?

Oh....so YOUR the guy....you do realize where it came from....I was doing a routine cleanup of a known terrorist camp and was hauling away their barbecue pit to the dump (a place they call hell)...so you stole 'it back did ya...get rid of it Sciota...it's toxic....lol

Old 05-08-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
You? Probation? What's up with that?

Quote:
Perhaps it is...if Twin can Spin, why not? Twin said that ONLY judgment awaits a person after death. I asked for scripture (called his bluff) and he had nothing to show . I'm not saying the Holy Spirit DOES regenerate after death. But I wanted to know where it says in scripture He CAN NOT. You would tell us if you could, right?
God can do anything He wants to. And when we die, our soul is up to Him IMO, but the scripture, like you concede, does not elborate on this at all. All it elaborates is on what we do now...in this life...to receive the reward, in the next.

Quote:
Oh....so YOUR the guy....you do realize where it came from....I was doing a routine cleanup of a known terrorist camp and was hauling away their barbecue pit to the dump (a place they call hell)...so you stole 'it back did ya...get rid of it Sciota...it's toxic....lol

Old 05-08-2010, 12:29 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times
Quote:

I provided just one and it was you who shrugged it off.....that isn't my concern.

Hebrew 9:27
Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment

Ecclesiastes 12:14
For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad

1 Timothy 5:24
The sins of some men are obvious, reaching the place of judgment ahead of them; the sins of others trail behind them.

Last edited by twin.spin; 05-08-2010 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: forgot this verse

Old 05-08-2010, 12:51 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,384,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I provided just one and it was you who shrugged it off.....that isn't my concern.

Hebrew 9:27
Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment

Ecclesiastes 12:14
For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil
Since when is to face judgment to face eternal hell? You are skipping past the judgment and sentence IMO. What if some are judged righteous? Is judgment then still a bad thing?

Quote:
2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad
Again... why is it that each on may receive what is due him for things done while in the body, some get hell and some get heaven? So much for letting the punishment fit the crime...right? Infinite punishment/reward for finite good/bad things done while in the body? Or are you reading into this verse?

Quote:
1 Timothy 5:24
The sins of some men are obvious, reaching the place of judgment ahead of them; the sins of others trail behind them.
What does any of this have to do with the question asked?

Here is what AlabamaStorm stated:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm

Do these verses truly state that ONLY judgment awaits a person after death? Do they state that God cannot or will not regenerate a person in his image after death?

They don't state any such thing or perhaps I misunderstand?

Romans 5:16 Again, the gift of God is not like the result of the one man's sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification.

1 Corinthians 11:32 But when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord so that we will not be condemned along with the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or