U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:55 AM

17,968 posts, read 12,451,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Before Christ returns the complement of the nations (the fulness of the Gentile believers) must first take place (which it hasn't) according to Paul's secret of Romans 11:25 and then Christ will return per 11:26.

Also, there must be a world-wide earthquake in which the cities of the nations are destroyed, the islands moved from their places and the great city divided into three parts (Rev.16,18,19).

None of the above has happened yet so Christ has not returned yet to set up the next age kingdom on the earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
We need to be in spirit to understand Paul's writings. I read the portion but could not connect it the way you did.
Then, maybe you are not in spirit? When God set aside Israel and opened the door of faith to the nations apart from Israel, all prophecies concerning Israel were put on hold. When the complement of the nations enters . . . what does that mean? It means when every last person of the nations who is supposed to be saved is saved then God takes us out of here and begins again with Israel. Jesus has not returned yet to set up His millennial reign because the body of Christ among the nations has not been completed yet.
Quote:
As for the Rev, the worship of God and the 24 elders all were shown to John as a revelation of what will happen on the earth in the end time. Sure you remeber the Lord's prayer? "Thy Kingdom come". God's kingdom coming will spell the end or unification of all earthly kingdoms. You come to a strong man's house to take him out, you need to use maximum force. All the natural disasters we are witnessing are the initial signs of that maximum force. Those destructions that we read about in John's Revelation will happen under the direction of the returned Christ, when the kingdom of God has been established. Its not just earthquakes, but the spiritual Armagadeon war. We are just starting the war, the war of good over evil.
Then you would agree the kingdom has not come yet, the millennial kingdom that it. Because none of those things God foresaw in the Lord's day, which is yet future, have occurred yet especially the world-shattering earthquake in which the cities of the nations fall and the great city being divided into three parts.
Quote:
Perhaps you are reffering to the time of the 6th seal, when further destructions will be done on earth? It is Christ who will be doing all the destructions, wiith increasing severity as time goes on.
Nothing of John's revelation has occurred yet. It is for the yet future day of the Lord in which John was in spirit and wrote what he saw and heard in that future day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 08:06 AM

1,838 posts, read 1,933,648 times
i would like you's all to consider this-considering that Jesus' birth was predicted 3000 years before he was born in the Veda's and also that He spent many of His missing years in India-

maybe you should scroll down to the bottom of this page first-they are writings from John's vision of the end times-then start at the top again-what you read may shock and amaze you-

Kalki Avatar The Apocalyptic Horse Rider

Old 05-06-2010, 09:57 AM

14,078 posts, read 17,063,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
and also that He spent many of His missing years in India-

He did? Says who?

Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
He did? Says who?
just google Jesus in India and you will find plenty of info on the subject-his life was actually recorded bye saints- from the age of 13 - 30 Jesus life is missing from the bible

Old 05-06-2010, 05:59 PM

21,427 posts, read 29,575,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
just google Jesus in India and you will find plenty of info on the subject-his life was actually recorded bye saints- from the age of 13 - 30 Jesus life is missing from the bible
No thanks, I'll stick with the Bible, I know I can trust it to be the truth since it was written by God.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:15 PM

37,606 posts, read 25,294,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No thanks, I'll stick with the Bible, I know I can trust it to be the truth since it was written by God.
::Sigh:: God wrote nothing. It was written by men. It was INSPIRED (Not Dictated) by God. They were primitives with limited knowledge and understanding with which to interpret the inspirations, period.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::Sigh:: God wrote nothing. It was written by men. It was INSPIRED (Not Dictated) by God. They were primitives with limited knowledge and understanding with which to interpret the inspirations, period.
That explains why you don't believe the Bible since you don't believe what it says about being written by Him.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:30 PM

37,606 posts, read 25,294,156 times
Quote:
That explains why you don't believe the Bible since you don't believe what it says about being written by Him.
Cite the verses that say that, ILNC . . . you know they do not exist. Men wrote as they were "Inspired" to do . . . they did not take dictation. I believe the bible . . . just not what you believe it says.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
well how do you beleive what the bible says about Jesus' life from age 13-30 when there is nothin written in it,what did Jesus dissapear from the planet for 17 years,dont think so.....you know there is a reason why Jesus' teachings are very similar to the mood's and teachings of the vaishnava's-when Jesus came back an enlightened being,nobody realy understood most of the things he was saying,he spoke in a very flowery language,using parables etc.

ill give you an example-Jesus said"the kingdom of God is inside you and all around you" now people at that time wouldnt have had a clue what he meant-but the oldest scriptures in the world explain the science in this-God has 3 different features Bhagavan-Paramatma-and Brahman-without goin into too much detail-Brahman is the effulgence of the lord,it is God in the form of pure spiritual energy that pervades the whole universe-Bhagavan is the Personality of God His form's,God Himself-the highest realization-and there is Paramatma,and i think this is what Jesus was on about-God exists inside the heart of every living entity and also inside the atom-it is a localized aspect of God and when one realizes the soul he then realizes tht God exists eternaly inside this soul as Paramatma(supersoul)......jesus' teachings are also similar to bhuddists teachings which makes sense since their were bhuddists who recorded his life also................

.sometimes you have to look outside the box....you are not goin to find all the awnsers in the bible and God is something bigger than you could ever imagine

te vedas are authentic handed down through disciplic succession for millions of years-...and then put into written form 5000 years ago just before the age of kali-yuga,because the effect kali-yuga has on mans memory and life span....but just incase you think its all bull dont forget that Jesus's birth was predicted in thes ancient profound scriptures 3000 years before Jesus was born also Bhudda's,Chaitanya's,Kalki's and more,and if you read the link you will see how much detail is given.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Cite the verses that say that, ILNC . . . you know they do not exist. Men wrote as they were "Inspired" to do . . . they did not take dictation. I believe the bible . . . just not what you believe it says.
Yes they do, you just don't believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or