Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 10:25 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,304,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
If only ONE person was going to believe, He still would have given up His life.

You missed the point entirely, ILNC.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:25 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,474,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
That tells me all I need to know about you, and should speak volumes to your fans on this forum. That's very, very sad.

Your use of big words doesn't impress me, either.
The big word was wrong anyway... it is anthropomorphism .... (or a spelling mistake... there is an "r" missing....)

Old 05-08-2010, 10:26 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,283,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I didn't call you self-centered, did I? Read my post.[mod]edit[/mod
Well that's way it came across to me. I'm sorry.Moderator cut: edit sometimes things are said in the "heat of the moment".

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-08-2010 at 10:46 PM..

Old 05-08-2010, 10:32 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,102,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Well that's way it came across to me. I'm sorry I said you should get off CD, I should not have said that, sometimes things are said in the "heat of the moment".
Thanks for the apology. There's not a lot of that on here. Also, I re-read my post and realized it might have come across that way since you wrote the "catch phrase" I referred to. However, I've heard that before and didn't mean you.

I would be interested if there's a verse that says that, though. I'm not aware of one, but I might be wrong.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:34 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,850,198 times
Even though, I know my brothers and sisters who currently have some hardening of the heart going on here, even though I KNOW that YES one day, their knee WILL bow and they will understand the magnificence of His love for ALL... even though I know this, it does still hurt my heart to see the vicious, atrocious, disgusting things being attributed to our Father. The CREATOR of the universe.

I see Jesus on the cross.
and I read folk's words...
and it cuts into my heart like a deep, sharp sword.
You can't help but feel such a horrible repulsion down in your soul at all of this horrible and tremendously sad things people proclaim about our beautiful Creator, our Father. who notes the death of a sparrow, and who knows the number of hairs on EACH of our heads. I admit, it is a struggle to stay balanced at times. To let HIS love push the repulsion and anger OUT. To let HIS love push through in our hearts and wrap it around those who say such things about Him.

I feel on one hand, a righteous anger and impatience at those disparaging (to the UTMOST!) the character of our Father and on the other hand, I feel compassion and a truly gentle, patient, loving warmth in my heart for them, knowing that it won't always be this way. It's only because of HIS love, that these feelings manifest. It's only because the glorious picture of reconciliation that HE has put into my heart. I know these false sad atrocious views of our Father are on the wide path. They will dissipate into nothingness. I know that one day we will hold hands and rejoice over His majesty. I know it. For SURE. I have full, absolute faith in this glorious picture of reconciliation. I know that Mike555 and ILNC and I WILL one day see our Father as clear as day and we will rejoice. Together.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:41 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,850,198 times
And I don't mean the above in a condescending way. I really don't. But reading over it and seeing it from someone else's viewpoint, it probably comes across that way, I'm sure. But if only you could step in my shoes and walk around, if you could switch hearts with me for just a moment, I know that you (general you) would understand where I'm coming from. It's so difficult to communicate with people sometimes when you have such opposing views. It can be a real peace-killer at times if you're not careful.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:42 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,575,974 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Those who claim that God will save everyone are in contradiction to everything that the Scriptures say. Against everything that Jesus said.
No, you're not listening to what they are saying. Reconciliation is not what you view as being "saved". Those of us who have accepted Jesus as Savior are "saved". Those who did not or will not accept Jesus will be "reconciled". They WILL be punished, but not for all of eternity.

Quote:
It is not God who led you to no longer believe what He has said in His word about the eternal nature of the punishment that awaits the unbeliever. You are but one of many who have veered off course from the truth and become a casualty in the spiritual warfare. Instead of facing the reality of something that makes you uncomfortable, you have chosen to reject it. That doesn't mean you have lost your salvation, once saved always saved. It just means you given yourself over to doctrines of demons.
You did not even read what I really said, did you? You have no right to say that God did not lead me where I am....you have no right to say I have given myself over to doctrines of demons!! Just because YOU think it's wrong according to your doctrine does not make it so. Wow, I apologize again to everyone if I ever came across like Mike. I am not a casualty Mike, you are.

Quote:
And no they don't all believe that you must have faith in Christ in order to be saved. One of them just got through saying that believing that you must believe in Christ to be saved implies that you have something to boast about.
If they are a CHRISTIAN universalist, then yes, they do believe you need Jesus Christ to be saved. I read the posts you are speaking of and, once again, you misinterpreted what they were trying to say.

I'm really appalled at what you said about not losing any sleep over those you feel deserve to go to hell--or the lake of fire for all of eternity. There's no love in you Mike.....where's the love? Where? You seem robotic in your responses........and when one of your posts doesn't get a response you post again telling people to go and read it. I think you might want to look up the definition of "boasting".

Old 05-08-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
People like this make me laugh.I have had numerous conversations with literalists over the years.When I point out that a literal interpretation of the Bible requires them to mutilate themselves by amputating whatever body part is responsible for making them sin,the suddenly,lo and behold,THAT particular part of the Bible most definitely was NOT meant to be taken literally.LOL!And when asked why,the answer is always some form of "well,that's just too extreme to be taken as being meant literally".LMAO! Cutting off a body part when applied to Christians is suddenly an extreme interpretation,but believing that trillions of people will be tormented forever in a hell is not too extreme,most importantly because they feel safe in believing that in that case it will not be them being subject to a literal interpretation.They never cease to make me laugh.
Not to mention the verse that states if anyone asks you for something GIVE IT TO THEM! That one is definitely not literal when you ask them for all their money as Jesus did the rich man....

(LOL and I'm not advocating giving your money away foolishly by any means)

YOU can do nothing toward salvation.... not accept it, not choose it...

Romans 9:16 (NIV) It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

Romans 9:16 (NLT) So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it.

So why is it so hard for some to grasp the concept that all are saved? Because just like the rich man they refuse to believe they don't need to pay for it. The rich man felt like he earned the salvation. Did Christ ask others to give everything away? Because of his nomadic ministry it was better to have few things but did Christ want the rich man to give it up just because?

Jesus told the rich man that he would have to give up his riches but the man could only see being poor. Zacchaeus, on the other hand, was wealthy and offered to give up what he had yet Zacchaeus never did, did he? Why is that? Yet Christ proclaimed him saved.

In my mind (AKA IMO), Christ knew that the rich man was blind in seeing his own salvation. And this was before Christ had even died as a ransom for many.

I also think that Christ only died as a ransom for the many that FACE TO FACE wouldn't SEE what he was saying to them... He was proclaiming SALVATION. Jesus was a universalist.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The big word was wrong anyway... it is anthropomorphism .... (or a spelling mistake... there is an "r" missing....)
To clarify... I failed to see the missing "r" which was a typo and thought he meant anthropomorphism...

Sorry mike. Not the smartest thing I've done all day.

But then it is for us simple folk that online searchable dictionaries are available now.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:07 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,213,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Complete nonsense.What part of Him paying the price for EVERYONE can't you grasp?It isn't really all that hard.
And I can say the same right back at you. God is going to send the unbelievers to hell. Can't you grasp that? It isn't really all that hard. This doesn't "feel" right to you, but truth isn't relative to one's emotions. God punishes the unrighteous. They are not His sheep.

John 10:26-28 "The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity