U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:10 PM

21,439 posts, read 29,624,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Those who claim that God will save everyone are in contradiction to everything that the Scriptures say. Against everything that Jesus said.

It is not God who led you to no longer believe what He has said in His word about the eternal nature of the punishment that awaits the unbeliever. You are but one of many who have veered off course from the truth and become a casualty in the spiritual warfare. Instead of facing the reality of something that makes you uncomfortable, you have chosen to reject it. That doesn't mean you have lost your salvation, once saved always saved. It just means you given yourself over to doctrines of demons.

And no they don't all believe that you must have faith in Christ in order to be saved. One of them just got through saying that believing that you must believe in Christ to be saved implies that you have something to boast about.
AMEN Mike Scripture doe NOT support ALL will be saved.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:14 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,726,519 times
Quote:
How I feel about those who are lost has no bearing on the reality of the situation. But I lose no sleep over those who reject the truth and will end up in hell. They are entirely responsible for their eternal destruction.
I'm sure you realize the bible teaches us to grow spiritually and become more and more like Christ, and to think more like Him. Do you think your statements above are Christ-like? Do you believe He feels the same way you do?

Old 05-08-2010, 09:28 PM

20,360 posts, read 15,743,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I'm sure you realize the bible teaches us to grow spiritually and become more and more like Christ, and to think more like Him. Do you think your statements above are Christ-like? Do you believe He feels the same way you do?
Anthopopathisms aside, God is always perfectly happy. God has done everything He can do without coercing man's fee will to get man to believe in Christ. In speaking the truth, I do all I can do. The fact that there will be countless numbers of unbelievers in the lake of fire will not and does not affect my happiness in the slightest. Everyone is responsible for their own decisions. I am not about to lose any sleep over those who wilfully reject the truth.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:39 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,606,683 times
Quote:
Irrelevent. Univeralists make appeals to the emotions instead of facing the facts. How I feel about those who are lost has no bearing on the reality of the situation. But I lose no sleep over those who reject the truth and will end up in hell. They are entirely responsible for their eternal destruction. I present the truth and that's all I can do.

Absolutely NOT irrelevent.

LOVE is NEVER "irrelevent".

Ask God.

And I didn't ask whether how you "feel" has any bearing. I asked if you love those "many" who you see as being eternally tormented, eternally useless, etc.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Anthopopathisms aside, God is always perfectly happy. God has done everything He can do without coercing man's fee will to get man to believe in Christ. In speaking the truth, I do all I can do. The fact that there will be countless numbers of unbelievers in the lake of fire will not and does not affect my happiness in the slightest. Everyone is responsible for their own decisions. I am not about to lose any sleep over those who wilfully reject the truth.
That tells me all I need to know about you, and should speak volumes to your fans on this forum. That's very, very sad.

Your use of big words doesn't impress me, either.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:42 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,606,683 times
Quote:
The fact that there will be countless numbers of unbelievers in the lake of fire will not and does not affect my happiness in the slightest.

Well, there it is.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Well, there it is.
Yes. That pretty much says it all. I wonder how many thumbs-up he'll get on that.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:55 PM

21,439 posts, read 29,624,380 times
Quote:
Yes. That pretty much says it all. I wonder how many thumbs-up he'll get on that.
One from me

Old 05-08-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
One from me
Did you read his post? Does that mean you feel this way, too?

"The fact that there will be countless numbers of unbelievers in the lake of fire will not and does not affect my happiness in the slightest. Everyone is responsible for their own decisions. I am not about to lose any sleep over those who wilfully reject the truth."

Old 05-08-2010, 10:00 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,695,808 times
Quote:
Did you read his post? Does that mean you feel this way, too?

"The fact that there will be countless numbers of unbelievers in the lake of fire will not and does not affect my happiness in the slightest. Everyone is responsible for their own decisions. I am not about to lose any sleep over those who wilfully reject the truth."
While I feel compassion for them, I'm not going to live my life being upset or mad. God wants us to live our lives with joy and gladness. We all make the choice of who are master will be and all we can do is show the lost the truth, but it's not up to me to make the decision for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity