Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 12:34 PM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Compare the "Father forgive them they know not what they do" attitude of Jesus with your "letter" of the written word "Father if they reject Me Torture them for eternity" attitude. Accepting WHICH attitude . . . the "letter" or the Spirit of Jesus . . . is REJECTING Christ?
Good job at 'pick and choose'.

Why would you believe one, but not the other, when both are in the Bible.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

If Jesus wanted the people who crusified him forgiven, then that's great for them. After all, they were fulfilling God's plan, but what he said doesn't mean ALL people would be forgiven for what they do.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:45 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Because I read with the mind of Christ and the guidance of the Holy Spirit using what God has "written in our hearts."
Quote:
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

If Jesus wanted the people who crusified him forgiven, then that's great for them. After all, they were fulfilling God's plan, but what he said doesn't mean ALL people would be forgiven for what they do.
You are seriously expecting us to believe that Jesus would ask forgiveness for those who "scourged and tortured Him before and during His crucifixion" . . but if they just "disbelieve" in Him or reject Him . . . Jesus would want them tormented for an eternity???? That NO WAY seems like the Christ I know and love.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:50 PM

87 posts, read 134,125 times
Quote:

You're picking and choosing yourself. The verse you quote has a context. Here, I'll show you:

"41Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' 44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'"

The warning is about treating other people right. It's about charity. And if you'll notice those who are condemned are calling him lord the same way as those who aren't condemned are doing. In addition, in the verse it's the fire that is eternal not the punishment.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtue_summer View Post
You're picking and choosing yourself. The verse you quote has a context. Here, I'll show you:

"41Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' 44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'"

The warning is about treating other people right. It's about charity. And if you'll notice those who are condemned are calling him lord the same way as those who aren't condemned are doing. In addition, in the verse it's the fire that is eternal not the punishment.
Excellent post.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:56 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,102,328 times
Quote:
Excellent post.
Agreed!

Old 05-09-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Because I read with the mind of Christ and the guidance of the Holy Spirit using what God has "written in our hearts.
The Holy Spirit told you to ignore scripture?

Quote:
"You are seriously expecting us to believe that Jesus would ask forgiveness for those who "scourged and tortured Him before and during His crucifixion" . . but if they just "disbelieve" in Him or reject Him . . . Jesus would want them tormented for an eternity???? That NO WAY seems like the Christ I know and love.
Yes, rejecting Christ is a sure way to hell. I wouldn't say it if the Bible wasn't crystal clear about it.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:57 PM

8,108 posts, read 6,851,897 times
Quote:

Amen.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:

No, there is no picking and choosing. The point is that Jesus's comment on the cross did not eliminate the existance of hell, and the verse I provided proves it.

Yes, the fire is eternal, and so is the punishement. See, you conveniently left put the next verse Matt 25:46 Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

There is no end to Bible verses which teach you how you can end up in hell.

PS It is funny how the universlists accidentally admitted there is hell when they saw your post. They have been desparately trying to prove there is no such thing.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
The Holy Spirit told you to ignore scripture?
No . . .not ignore . . . read with the mind of Christ and remove the veil of ignorance to understand its true Spiritual meaning . . . NOT Carnal.
Quote:
Yes, rejecting Christ is a sure way to hell. I wouldn't say it if the Bible wasn't crystal clear about it.
IT is clear only to those who believe in the wrong nature of God as portrayed under the veil of ignorance in the OT . . . instead of the TRUE NATURE of God as revealed by Jesus. Only satanic corruption could ever cause anyone to blend the two descriptions instead of correcting the old with the new information from Christ.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Amen.
HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAAAAAAAAA.

So, now all of a sudden you admit there is hell and you end up there if you skip charity.

Oh, mi Lord.......This is too funny to be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity