U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:05 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,684,856 times

Advertisements

Jesus Christ is Lord and died for our sins so that we may be free from sin and have eternal life with Him in heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 05:37 AM

58,453 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Gospel is four books in the New Testament: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John which tell us about Christ's life and teachings.

On the contrary to some beliefs, it did not end wars, disease and suffering, nor does it guarantee salvation to all mankind. It offeres everlasting life to those who believe in Christ, but without this belief you will perish. That is the simple message of Jesus Christ and the Gospel.

The Gospel can be summarized in one verse:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:18 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
"The Good Message of Love"

Old 05-11-2010, 07:46 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,550,724 times
One beggar telling another beggar where to find Bread.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:30 PM

13,266 posts, read 4,233,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I would like for this thread to be a place where people can explain what they believe about salvation and why. What is the gospel? This would be like witnessing to someone, not debating them. What are the essentials that someone needs to know to make a decision to follow Jesus if they don't know anything about the gospel? You are welcome to include your own testimony to explain what you believe.

Moderator cut: Edit
This is everyone's chance to express what they believe without being attacked....Let's keep our posts about what we believe, not what we think someone else believes. You can even explain what you believe salvation is not, if that is something you would feel a need to explain to someone you are teaching about Christ.

Please don't just present a list of scriptures. Write it as if you were explaining the gospel to an unbeliever. Tell it in your own words, not a "statement of faith" from your denomination. If you think of something else you'd like to add and can't edit, write a new post, but please don't do it in response to another poster, leading to debates.

Moderator cut: Edit

I hope this works because I truly want to understand what and why people believe certain things about salvation.
I believe the Temple was designed in the design of the kingdom of heaven, and the design is in 3 sections. Everyone who comes to the temple stands in the outer court to see the burnt offering, and there was a huge sign that read,'' No gentiles past this point.''

No gentile is allowed into the two sections of the Temple proper.

What we would see is an outer court of Gentile who are standing at the Temple of God, but have not become the true people of God, and they have salvation, but this is the outer court of darkness in which they stand, and there is weeping and gnashing of teeth in that court.

I believe salvation comes to the majority, pretty much to everyone.

But if the Temple is measured and people are found in the outer court, they have salvation but not reward. The works of every man will be tested by fire and some will suffer a loss, and they themselves will be saved, but only as one who has gone through a fire.

Their works are destroyed by fire, and so they cannot receive the reward, they don't get the reward of being in the first resurrection to rule, and they weep because of it.

Still saved, but they hadn't raised a child to be a full grown man.

Imagine people standing in heaven and looking down to Earth when somebody has been saved, and has become like a virgin betrothed to Christ.

This person becomes a bride in 1950, and it is told to Jesus saying,'' Your bride who you haven't seen, she is pregnant with child.''

So she lives 80 years and dies and walks through the gates of heaven and say,'' Praise God, Praise God, I have entered the kingdom, and here is the child that was given to me.''

Jesus walks up and says,'' I gave you that child in 1950, and after 30 years, you bring me a child, why have you put my child in a corner and starved him to death? Why have you not raised my child and given him meat in dew season?''

What will be said to that bride?

We walk in Passover until we come to Pentecost, and then we strive to walk in Rosh Hashanah to come to Yom Kippur so that we can enjoy Sukkot, and if we make it to Shemini Atzereth, we have been circumcised.

The goal isn't salvation, the goal is to be considered a pure virgin betrothed to God, a virgin shall give birth on Firstfruits, and she gives birth to a full grown son.

Passover is of salvation, and firstfruits is of birthing a 30 year old man who becomes a son that follows Jesus into a new kingdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or