Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:34 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
And I suppose His will is for lots of people to go to hell?
No, that's all you! You don't get to live as you want, say what you want, do as you please, live as you please.......then get to blame HIM! Take some responsibility for your actions. But that's another topic...........

Old 05-11-2010, 11:54 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The topic......Earthquake? Signs, wonders, God's coming judgments? Along those lines? Yes, God IS love! We know that. And we also know of His mercies, yes? But His judgments....some like to rearrange or discredit His words just to suit their "itching ears"

But I tell you: What you and I, and them and those....all of ANY who think their opinion is of any importance; GOD HAS THE LAST SAY!! Period!! And HIS will, WILL be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven......................................FINAL ANSWER!!

Yes he has the last Say. LOVE

Old 05-11-2010, 06:49 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Love

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is LOVE.

Love is IT.
The Greatest FORCE in this universe.
The MOST POWERFUL thing.
Why? God IS Love.
Love is what TRANSFORMS. RENEWS. RECONCILES.
Love is what DESTROYS the darkness.
It is the ONLY thing that wholly and completely destroys the darkness.
LOVE overwhelms. and LOVE overcomes.
LOVE CONQUERS ALL.

LOVE
CONQUERS
ALL.

HALLELUJAH!

You say... "Love is very important, sure.."
Sister, I pray that God lights a fire in your heart and helps you understand that Love isn't just "...very important, sure.."
To not ponder love in it's depths, to not suffer to understand LOVE with every inch of your being is to not understand WHO God is. It is unfolding in all of our hearts... steadily, WHO He is. Until the full MAJESTIC picture of Him is clear.
The two commands were given for a reason.
PONDER them day and night.
Night and day.

Peace to you,
sparrow
None of those verses say it's the only thing worthy of recognition! So the fruit of the spirit isn't worthy of recognition? I'm not saying it's greater than love, but it surely is worthy of recognition!

Old 05-11-2010, 07:16 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
So a person who say,cusses a little too much but otherwise is a decent person deserves neverending torment for 60-70 years of cursing?
Sin is sin.....something our Father CANNOT dwell in, period! Is it easy to stop cussing, lying, stealing....no, that's not what I'm saying, (you should have seen ME back then).

What I am saying though is: We must strive to obey all His words, all His commandments, as if our lives depend on it! He can create in us a new creature, He's willing and able. That's all....

PS: Feel free to DM me if you want to, must respect the O.P. okay?

Old 05-11-2010, 08:12 PM

8,176 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
None of those verses say it's the only thing worthy of recognition! So the fruit of the spirit isn't worthy of recognition? I'm not saying it's greater than love, but it surely is worthy of recognition!

You said "Love is very important, sure.."
I am responding to that statment you made.
1 Corinthians 13 tells us not that love is just "very important, sure...."

God *IS* Love.

I'm not sure why this is even being argued.

peace,
sparrow

Old 05-11-2010, 09:38 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
This one has veered SOOOO far off topic, folks, that it is....

CLOSED.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity