U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 03:27 AM

6,232 posts, read 9,520,595 times

Advertisements

Another earthquake!!

7.4. earthquake rattles western Indonesia (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100509/ap_on_re_as/as_indonesia_earthquake_3#mwpphu-container - broken link)

It seems like every time the Earth is finally settling down, more quakes come! I thought for a moment, ignorantly, perhaps, we were getting a bit of mercy after the earthquakes calmed down after China. The new focus was on China. Now, another quake hits bigger than the China quake. I should have known. Get ready for what's possibly going to be the scariest summer of our lives.

Thoughts anyone??

Old 05-09-2010, 05:28 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,569,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post

It seems like every time the Earth is finally settling down, more quakes come! I thought for a moment, ignorantly, perhaps, we were getting a bit of mercy after the earthquakes calmed down after China. The new focus was on China. Now, another quake hits bigger than the China quake. I should have known. Get ready for what's possibly going to be the scariest summer of our lives.
If you have to.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:44 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,482,874 times
My thoughts?That there are no more earthquakes than at any time before.What has changed is the speed and availability of news coverage.Earthquakes happening in remote areas that we would not have ever known about before are now instant news.

In the end,we simply know about a larger number of quakes than in the days when news traveled slowly,and not at all from some far off areas.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:46 AM

5,420 posts, read 4,664,295 times
Luke 21
[9] But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.
[10] Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
[11] And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

[17] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

Our generation fits these scriptures. Earthquakes are just one sign.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
My thoughts?That there are no more earthquakes than at any time before.What has changed is the speed and availability of news coverage.Earthquakes happening in remote areas that we would not have ever known about before are now instant news.

In the end,we simply know about a larger number of quakes than in the days when news traveled slowly,and not at all from some far off areas.
Since the technology was not available in generations past, your comment is nothing but pure speculation. You have no way of knowing if we are experiencing more, less or about the same number of earthquakes. If you guys are going to use the "scientific evidence" argument, then you will be held to your own standard.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Nor do we know today (by your logic) whether we have greater or less greater quakes. Your constant argument has been that we are having MORE and GREATER quakes compared to - when? Aren't you just as ignorant?
I put all the signs together, not just earthquakes. With that said, keep you eyes open because these earthquakes are causing serious destruction -- and will get worse. You can take that statement to the bank because it is the Word of God. You may not ever believe Jesus' Words until you look back and see. Everyone will be a believer eventually, whether on earth, in Heaven or in hell.

It's time for us to reason with God, so He can prepare us for eternity.

Isaiah 1
[18] Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
[19] If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
[20] But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:23 AM

11,825 posts, read 9,818,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Nor do we know today (by your logic) whether we have greater or less greater quakes. Your constant argument has been that we are having MORE and GREATER quakes compared to - when? Aren't you just as ignorant?
That is an exellent point.
What is global warming advocates comparing their data to ... the ice age or when palm trees existed on Greenland or the lakes and forests that existed in AZ

Old 05-09-2010, 09:24 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,715,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I put all the signs together, not just earthquakes. With that said, keep you eyes open because these earthquakes are causing serious destruction -- and will get worse. You can take that statement to the bank because it is the Word of God. You may not ever believe Jesus' Words until you look back and see. Everyone will be a believer eventually, whether on earth, in Heaven or in hell.

It's time for us to reason with God, so He can prepare us for eternity.

Isaiah 1
[18] Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
[19] If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
[20] But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
Graham, with all due respect you NEVER seem to address the matters at hand and do what many other fundamentalists do - throw scriptures at the issue/matter at hand.

I am not so sure the earthquakes are worse. They only APPEAR worse because, on occasion, they hit heavily populated AND dilapidated areas of the world. As a result, damage and deaths are more than say, in Japan, where structures are built that are stronger.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:16 AM

40,057 posts, read 29,734,107 times
I'm sure I missed something. An earthquake hits Indonesia...and this is a topic in a Christianity forum? Or is that some kind of backhanded comment on the fact that Indonesia is a largely Islamic nation?

Old 05-09-2010, 10:52 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,454,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I'm sure I missed something. An earthquake hits Indonesia...and this is a topic in a Christianity forum? Or is that some kind of backhanded comment on the fact that Indonesia is a largely Islamic nation?
What has that got to do with anything.....Indonesia being an Islamic nation? What? What happen, He can't love the Muslim people? He loves you right? And what are you? Me? Wretched sinners...aren't we not? Well...........who do you think is greater/lesser in His eyes? You, me, the Muslim people? Who?

PS: The reason the topic of earthquake is in a Christian forum is.........WE ARE ONLY REITERATING what God already SAID!! He said it, before we did!

And NO, Noah didn't have a laptop....but that didn't stop him from issuing dire, continuous warnings did it? "Poor Noah, that crazy old fool"!........... was the sentiment that was resonated throughout his community, time and time again.

BUT WAIT! It rained...........JUST LIKE HE SAID IT WOULD! Poor Noah and rest......(be it only eight), was SAVED!

The moral of the story.........As in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the end! Moderator cut: Rude comments are deleted.

Last edited by june 7th; 05-09-2010 at 12:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or