Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 12:10 AM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
1 Timothy 4:7

What could be more godless than what you preach over and over and over about a monster god who has created an eternal torture chamber for those He himself brought into existence?

I see no love in what you preach.
No love at all.
I see nothing but godless myths and old wives tales.

Love conquers ALL.
We are talking about the CREATOR of the UNIVERSE.
He has a plan.
And it is 100% PERFECT.
He IS the Good Shepherd.

Edited to add: Do you know why I posted the above? Because of the amount of people suffering daily because they do not understand WHO their Creator is. Because of the amount of people suffering daily, because they are taught that their Creator is a monster. Because of the amount of people suffering daily, because in this dark world, preachers are preaching the WORST news possible... that their CREATOR would allow His creation to be tortured forever. The darkness in this world CONTINUES because the light is being obscured by the false gospel .
The false Gospel is that all men will be saved.

The reality of hell is a necessity which stems from the requirement of God's infinitely holy nature to exact justice on those of His creation who have trangressed against Him. It is those who cannot face up to the reality of God's revealed truth concerning the lake of fire who make God out to be a monster and in the process impugn His character.

God's plan involves leaving in eternal condemnation all who do not obey the Gospel. 2 Thessalonians 1:6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7) and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire. 8) dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9) And these will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power.

Yes, eternal separation from God in hell, in a condition of utter ruin and uselessness, in suffering and torment, is what awaits those who refuse the free gift of eternal salvation through faith in Christ which would have rescued them from that hopeless condition they will have to endure forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 12:13 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Part 2 by Stargazzer :

All those who fail to live in the goodness of recognition and hope of virtue in their lives will cease to exist .
As, their self arrogance will be reflected in "non purpose" as it is
in their life with others.
Others who are willing and rightfully due the charity of their neighbor.

Hell , would extend purpose to those with no purpose
Therefore, "Hell is illogical". Stargazzer
Part 3 by Stargazzer :

Religion must grow
Stargazzer Part 3

Old 05-11-2010, 12:24 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Eph 6:12
because we have not the wrestling with blood and flesh, but with the principalities, with the authorities, with the world-rulers of the darkness of this age, with the spiritual things of the evil in the heavenly places;

Old 05-11-2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The false Gospel is that all men will be saved.

The reality of hell is a necessity which stems from the requirement of God's infinitely holy nature to exact justice on those of His creation who have trangressed against Him. It is those who cannot face up to the reality of God's revealed truth concerning the lake of fire who make God out to be a monster and in the process impugn His character.

God's plan involves leaving in eternal condemnation all who do not obey the Gospel. 2 Thessalonians 1:6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7) and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire. 8) dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9) And these will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power.

Yes, eternal separation from God in hell, in a condition of utter ruin and uselessness, in suffering and torment, is what awaits those who refuse the free gift of eternal salvation through faith in Christ which would have rescued them from that hopeless condition they will have to endure forever.
If a person is comfortable believing that one day they will and can enjoy eternal bliss with the whaling , baling and eternal torment of such a place as suggested hell right around the celestial corner than go for it.
It is a gruesome eternity to be sure.
Unless of course you may "enjoy" such a setting for eternity.
Is that what eternal bliss is for those who choose to believe in hell.
We are supposed to use are brains with the intended way of life brought forward in scripture.
As well, could it be possible that not one upon his last breath does "not"
make peace with creator........................................... ..

Who in the world is to "judge all of humanitys last breath" and construct this hell ?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
How did I twist this? "It touches on some of the so called 'second chance' verses that Universalist's misuse to promote the false teaching that all men will be saved.

What I was doing was UNTWISTING your version of what UR people believe. UR stands for Universal Reconciliation. People don't have a second chance to reconcile to God. God reconciles all people Himself. Salvation is a complete work of God. It is finished. So, you could at least bother to understand UR before you start threads attacking it and the belief that God is not a torturer.
You used my name in connection with promoting your agenda. I know full well what Universalism is about. It is a Satanic attempt to lull the gullible into a false sense of security concernng their eternal future. Satan uses people to advance his schemes and there are many who have fallen hook, line, and sinker for it.

As for what universalists believe, they disagree with each other in the details. There are many who claim that you have a second chance after death to believe in Christ. There are those who say it doesn't matter what you believe.

Universalism is not Biblical, it is not Christian, and there is no truth in it. It is a false gospel that originated in the mind of Satan.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:28 AM

2,031 posts, read 3,223,893 times
Quote:
That's exactly how I felt before God opened my eyes, but this is all just an excuse so people don't feel like it's their responsibility. The other big reason, I suppose, is there isn't a scripture that says, "Go into the streets and warn people that they will burn forever in the lake of fire! If you love your neighbor, try to help them avoid the torment and torture that never ends! Warn them, you believers! Don't let the sun go down on your failed attempt to help others avoid being trapped in fire forever." [u]Why is it not in the bible[/U], CW2L? Please think and pray about this. If hell is a literal fire, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.
It's not in the Bible because it doesn't work which was the point of my entire response to what you wrote. It's not an excuse. If it worked, people would do that. I think you are underestimating the power of prayer. That is the most important thing I can do for the lost. The Lord answers prayers. I do pray about this and there is no doubt in my mind that God's Word is true and not tainted. Do you pray for them to turn from their sin and believe in Him?

Just because you don't believe in hell doesn't mean you should stop preaching the gospel to non-Christians. Why don't you go around telling all unbelievers that they need Him? Or do you? It seems to me that people who believe in UR, stop witnessing to unbelievers. Spreading UR is more important.

Last edited by CantWait2Leave; 05-11-2010 at 12:40 AM..

Old 05-11-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
If a person is comfortable believing that one day they will and can enjoy eternal bliss with the whaling , baling and eternal torment of such a place as suggested hell right around the celestial corner than go for it.
It is a gruesome eternity to be sure.
Unless of course you may "enjoy" such a setting for eternity.
Is that what eternal bliss is for those who choose to believe in hell.
We are supposed to use are brains with the intended way of life brought forward in scripture.
As well, could it be possible that not one upon his last breath does "not"
make peace with creator...
Who in the world is to "judge" such and construct this hell ?
In saying this, you have rejected the clear teaching of the scriptures.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
In saying this, you have rejected the clear teaching of the scriptures.
Explain

Old 05-11-2010, 12:37 AM

No where in scripture does it say........If you fail to believe in hell and live in the goodness of the message you WILL go to hell.....
So find that and I will pay attention and address.......
otherwise ...retract statement

Old 05-11-2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
So much for your version of the "good news."
The good news is that God has provided a way to avoid the penalty of sin, which is the second death-the lake of fire by simply receiving the gift of eternal salvation through faith in Christ. One of the Satanic strategies to obscure the good news is to counterfeit the Gospel with the false teaching that all will be saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity