Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 03:23 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
This is so ridiculous. So philosophy put forward is if a human being is not aware of Christ , he will not be saved.
That is so easy to refute.
What about Mose's ? These comments are not comments, simply choice recordings of scripture.
I see where your coming from and I don't bother with this type of ......
interpretation. It is your interpretation. Out of interest, just how much of "Gods Humanity" is God tossing into hell.
Your like an employee asking his employer to dislike employees that
"he has hired"
Employers don't like that and either would God.
You can't go through life pulling out words and att your interpretations.
Its indicative of insecurity in trying to find something special in yourself. Theres nothing special in dumping on creation. Thats what we have in the ...."interpetation submitted"
So, ALL born prior to Christ are condemned to hell.
That is a Nazi like need for self supremacy. Good luck, I could go through a few life examples of others in great tribulation over experience vrs faith to expose the hatred that is within these ideology's but I don't have time and simply am passing by. Also, you have time in front of you to unvail truth. I don't believe in interupting that and try to see that.....
If you convince yourself that you "know" God exists rather than believe God exists exciting faith in your spiritual existance , faith is lost.
When faith is required , to believe in God you won't know where to find it as you only "know" God exists.
This is how many, loose their faith, as it was never there. Be warned.

Salvation has always been through faith in the promised Messiah. The first promise of the Savior was given in Gen 3:15 immediately after Adam sinned. Between that time, and before Christ historically went to the Cross, everyone who believed in the promise of the coming Messiah was saved through faith. The animal sacrifices were types or pictures of the coming Messiah and were a graphic illustration of His perfect sacrifice. Since the Cross salvation is by faith. We simply look back to the Cross. In Old Testament times, they looked forward to the cross.

Acts 16:31 Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.

John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.''

The Scriptures are clear on the matter. Heed them or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 03:28 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
In saying this, you have rejected the clear teaching of the scriptures.
I reject your fear mongering and spiritual terrorism. The ones who will suffer the fire of the wrath of God are those who use fear and hate to try and control others.

It is so obvious how twisted your mind is in hate and anger ... I feel sorry for you. But i believe in the living God, who is the savior of all people, especially those that are believing. And i believe he will heal your soul and open your heart in the end, you and all the other misanthropic enemies of mankind who cherish the thought of most of creation suffering for ever, and spread the lies of eternal death and evil.

My lord has victory even over you and your lies. He will have the final victory over your false gospel as well. Then we will all sing his name to the Glory of the father together at last ... Until then, may God have mercy on us all ...

Old 05-11-2010, 07:03 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Following is an article which speaks of hell. It speaks of hell as a place of choice, truth, fair treatment, and lost hope. It touches on some of the so called 'second chance' verses that Universalist's misuse to promote the false teaching that all men will be saved. Universalism rests upon a misunderstanding of some supposedly 'difficult' passages which are used to counter the many clear passages that state beyond doubt to any reasonable person that hell, the eternal fire is the eternal home of those who reject Christ as Savior. Further, the use of the Greek word AIONION as it relates to things eternal, is mentioned.

Predictably, those who adhere to Universalism will voice their objections to the use of the word 'hell' and will attempt to pick apart what the article says concerning it, but I post this for seeker's of truth. I hope there are those who will heed its message.

Excerpt #1
We do not do people a favor when we remain silent about the subject of hell. Jesus, the prime example of God's love, spoke of hell repeatedly. He said that some would rise from death in the ''resurrection of condemnation'' (John 5:29). He declared that those who go to hell enter the horrible place where 'their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched'' (Mark 9:44,46,48). He also depicted it as a place of ''outer darkness,'' where there ''will be weeping and gnashing of teeth'' (Matt 8:12; 22:13; 25:30).

Excerpt #2
If you haven't chosen to believe on Jesus Christ, you are choosing the path to hell. Don't listen to the behaviorists who suggest that you have no real choices of your own. Reject the New Age thinking that says you are governed by a non-moral Force. Accept the teaching of the Bible. If you reject Christ, you will have no right to blame anyone other then yourself when you someday find yourself in hell. You will have to admit that you made the wrong choice. You won't be able to blame God.

What Does the Bible Say About Hell?

Article is by Herb Vander Lugt, senior research editor for RBC Ministries. When I read this article, it seemed to be the only link on the site which was working at the time.
These articles are horribly misinformed and perpetuate the myths of "hell".

There are no places in the bible that say hell is a place of "outer darkness" or say that hell is a place where people gnash their teeth. If I am mistaken, show me.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:11 AM

The Myth of Hell Perpetuates

What has happened over time is that many terms or phrases have become euphemisms or synonyms for "hell" AKA a place of eternal torment in fire. Even the word "hell" has become a euphemism, because originally the word "hell" simply meant "to cover" or "to conceal".

Here are some phrases that people think mean "hell"
- eternal fire
- unquenchable fire
- furnace of fire
- outer darkness
- gnashing of teeth
- judgment
- condemned
- die in sin
- death
- cast out
- not inherit the Kingdom
- wide path to destruction

But when you go and look at how scripture uses each of these phrases, you will find that they don't say anything about place of eternal torment. It is simply assumed.

That is the problem and confusion that the doctrine of "hell" creates. People assume the scripture is talking about "hell" because it might use one of the above catch phrases, but if you look at context and meaning you will see scripture is not talking about a place of eternal torment at all.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:35 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I reject your fear mongering and spiritual terrorism. The ones who will suffer the fire of the wrath of God are those who use fear and hate to try and control others.

It is so obvious how twisted your mind is in hate and anger ... I feel sorry for you. But i believe in the living God, who is the savior of all people, especially those that are believing. And i believe he will heal your soul and open your heart in the end, you and all the other misanthropic enemies of mankind who cherish the thought of most of creation suffering for ever, and spread the lies of eternal death and evil.

My lord has victory even over you and your lies. He will have the final victory over your false gospel as well. Then we will all sing his name to the Glory of the father together at last ... Until then, may God have mercy on us all ...
It is the clear revelation of the Scriptures that you reject. And do you charge as well that Jesus' mind was twisted in hate and anger? It is He who warned more than any other of the realities of hell. Here is the issue that mankind faces...

John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:48 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,753 times
Quote:
As for what universalists believe, they disagree with each other in the details.
And the 33,000 different denominations of non-UR believers agree on all details? Is that what you think? If not, why even bring up that point?

Old 05-11-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
It is the clear revelation of the Scriptures that you reject. And do you charge as well that Jesus' mind was twisted in hate and anger? It is He who warned more than any other of the realities of hell. Here is the issue that mankind faces...

John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.
Ah yes. "Wrath of God". Another euphemism for "hell". Forgot that one on my list above.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:02 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The Myth of Hell Perpetuates

What has happened over time is that many terms or phrases have become euphemisms or synonyms for "hell" AKA a place of eternal torment in fire. Even the word "hell" has become a euphemism, because originally the word "hell" simply meant "to cover" or "to conceal".

Here are some phrases that people think mean "hell"
- eternal fire
- unquenchable fire
- furnace of fire
- outer darkness
- gnashing of teeth
- judgment
- condemned
- die in sin
- death
- cast out
- not inherit the Kingdom
- wide path to destruction

But when you go and look at how scripture uses each of these phrases, you will find that they don't say anything about place of eternal torment. It is simply assumed.

That is the problem and confusion that the doctrine of "hell" creates. People assume the scripture is talking about "hell" because it might use one of the above catch phrases, but if you look at context and meaning you will see scripture is not talking about a place of eternal torment at all.
That's right Legoman......the word "hell" is ASSUMED to mean all of the above and it does not!! I believed the same thing for a very long time. Eternal torment does not exist...it's not biblical. Oh how so many of us have been fooled for such a very long time!! It's time for the truth to become known, that misinterpretations be brought to light and the true loving nature of God is allowed to shine forth!! Amen!!

Old 05-11-2010, 08:13 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
That's right Legoman......the word "hell" is ASSUMED to mean all of the above and it does not!! I believed the same thing for a very long time. Eternal torment does not exist...it's not biblical. Oh how so many of us have been fooled for such a very long time!! It's time for the truth to become known, that misinterpretations be brought to light and the true loving nature of God is allowed to shine forth!! Amen!!
Ilene in the camp - like manna from heaven.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:16 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Ilene in the camp - like manna from heaven.
I think I'm sitting on top of the campfire Elmer!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity