U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 06:48 AM

1,652 posts, read 1,714,251 times

Advertisements

@ Sciotamicks could explain in which manner universalism is Gnostic? - in my opinion, you as a preterist also adhere to a very allegorical exegesis as did Origen or the Gnostics for example, so I could call you a Gnostic as well to stigmatize you.

Many doctrines, traditional "christianity" deems heretical are stigmatized as Gnostic, but what is the validity of such claim - why is universalism Gnostic? Why were Clement of Alexandria, Origen or St. Gregory of Nyssa Gnostics? And why are you e.g. no Gnostic despite you allegorical interpretation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 07:14 AM

17,968 posts, read 12,464,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Over the months the URs have managed to prove is that UR is false religion. Before I didn't know much about it, but at this point there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that it is a satanic attempt to convince people that they don't need Christ, that Christ's job is already done, and there is nothing else people need to do. You are wasting your time, because they will never tire of repeating their cherry picked verses which they think support their view (but don't), and they will never tire of disregarding the message of Jesus Christ in the Bible. When they are proven wrong, they just go back to repeting the same old lines like nothing had happened.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life
Finn, why do you keep cherry picking your verses such as the above?

And you say Universalists "attempt to convince people that they don't need Christ." Do you really think it is o.k. to lie about us? That is a lie you know.
I don't know of one Universalist that does not believe you don't need Christ. It is only by Christ's death for all mankind whereby we MUST be saved.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:46 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,693,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Why does the scripture separate ALLL MANKIND, and THOSE THAT BELIEVE in 1 Tim 4?
I explained that in the post that you quoted me from.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Over the months the URs have managed to prove is that UR is false religion. Before I didn't know much about it, but at this point there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that it is a satanic attempt to convince people that they don't need Christ,

The Unitarian Universalists stance would indeed teach that Christ is one way, but not the only way.

There may be some that are not, but I believe the majority here in this foum who would accept the label of Universalist are Christian Universalists who understand that all are saved through Jesus Christ and that is the only way, which inherantly defines the need for Christ.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:30 AM

1,897 posts, read 1,724,658 times
Quote:
........God carefully chooses each individual to be a part of His new Creation, in eternal life with Him and Jesus Christ.
Does He choose them before or after He knits them together in their mother's womb?

Old 05-13-2010, 11:29 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,296,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Does He choose them before or after He knits them together in their mother's womb?
Does the scripture say anything about God knitting their fetus' in the womb for each and every individual in the world for all time?

No! God made Adam and Eve. He didn't make Seth or Abel or Cain!
God gave mankind the abilities to procreate.
Mankind procreates. Remember...His creation....very good?
He created the laws of nature. Nature continues.

What right do you have imposing this philosophy onto the scripture?

Old 05-13-2010, 11:34 AM

UR misses the point completely. Christ came to save mankind. Only in Christ is mankind saved.
Gospel = In Christ you are saved. Mankind is not automatically saved.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:54 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,418,833 times
Quote:
UR misses the point completely.
No, I think it is you who miss the point completely, because I agree with everything else you said just here:
Quote:
Christ came to save mankind. Only in Christ is mankind saved.
Gospel = In Christ you are saved. Mankind is not automatically saved.
Yes! Christ came to save mankind. Only in Christ is mankind saved. Gospel = In Christ you are saved (and He came to save mankind!). No one is "automatically" saved. People are only saved by Christ!

Old 05-13-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
No, I think it is you who miss the point completely, because I agree with everything else you said just here:

Yes! Christ came to save mankind. Only in Christ is mankind saved. Gospel = In Christ you are saved (and He came to save mankind!). No one is "automatically" saved. People are only saved by Christ!
So then what makes you UR?
Remember, mankind, anthropos, and is in this reality only, not the next. The next is where Flesh and Bones, DO NOT EXIST. What you present, must come to pass, in this life ONLY.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
So then what makes you UR?
Remember, mankind, anthropos, and is in this reality only, not the next. The next is where Flesh and Bones, DO NOT EXIST. What you present, must come to pass, in this life ONLY.

anthropos anth'-ro-pos
from G435 and ops (the countenance; from G3700;
man-faced, i.e. a human being:--certain, man.

Man faced is the representation we have, but it is not our countenance.

Gods promised are not limited to our state of flesh and bone appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or