U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 01:33 PM

20,335 posts, read 15,721,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The Unitarian Universalists stance would indeed teach that Christ is one way, but not the only way.

There may be some that are not, but I believe the majority here in this foum who would accept the label of Universalist are Christian Universalists who understand that all are saved through Jesus Christ and that is the only way, which inherantly defines the need for Christ.
The subtlety of the lie is that in while acknowledging the need for Christ, universalism denies the necessity of believing in Christ while alive on this earth, therefore lulling into a false sense of security those who are in need of making what is by far, the most important decision they will ever make in their life. To believe in Jesus Christ so that they may be saved from eternal condemnation. It is for this purpose, that of preventing those who are gullible from making that decision, that Satan has introduced into the world the false teaching of universalism. And many have proven to be gullible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 01:39 PM

58,649 posts, read 32,096,873 times
Quote:
There may be some that are not, but I believe the majority here in this foum who would accept the label of Universalist are Christian Universalists who understand that all are saved through Jesus Christ and that is the only way, which inherantly defines the need for Christ.
Need Christ for what? You people go to no end to say that the job of Christ is done, so what do you need him for anymore? When people hear your teachings, they will think there is absolutely nothing they need to do or believe in because Christ already saved them. So they think they don't need Christ. That is the satanic lie of UR which I mentioned earlier.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:41 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,471,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The subtlety of the lie is that in while acknowledging the need for Christ, universalism denies the necessity of believing in Christ while alive on this earth, therefore lulling into a false sense of security those who are in need of making what is by far, the most important decision they will ever make in their life. To believe in Jesus Christ so that they may be saved from eternal condemnation. It is for this purpose, that of preventing those who are gullible from making that decision, that Satan has introduced into the world the false teaching of universalism. And many have proven to be gullible.
Why do you think God is Satan?

God told us to teach He is every man's Saviour (1 Timothy 4:10,11). Satan didn't tell us to do that.

God told us to teach Christ ransomed all mankind and that is the reason God will save all mankind (1 Tim.2:4-6; 4:11). Satan didn't tell us to teach that.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:46 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,725,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Does the scripture say anything about God knitting their fetus' in the womb for each and every individual in the world for all time?

No! God made Adam and Eve. He didn't make Seth or Abel or Cain!
God gave mankind the abilities to procreate.
Mankind procreates. Remember...His creation....very good?
He created the laws of nature. Nature continues.

What right do you have imposing this philosophy onto the scripture?
Apparently you are not aware of Psalm 139:

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to [b] me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.
19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD,
and abhor those who rise up against you?
22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:58 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,693,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Need Christ for what? You people go to no end to say that the job of Christ is done, so what do you need him for anymore? When people hear your teachings, they will think there is absolutely nothing they need to do or believe in because Christ already saved them. So they think they don't need Christ. That is the satanic lie of UR which I mentioned earlier.
This right here shows me UR is a false teaching. I don't understand how one cannot see this!

Old 05-13-2010, 02:05 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,696,796 times
Quote:

That is a fine speech, but it has no bearing on refuting the declaration that God will save all mankind through Jesus Christ.

From the doctrine you teach your not seeing that you have little to no chance of being saved in the first place.

Fortunatly that fact has no effect on what God does.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
This right here shows me UR is a false teaching. I don't understand how one cannot see this!

You already think it is false because the statement your talking about sure doesn't prove anything.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:10 PM

7,544 posts, read 11,583,644 times
Quote:
You either "jump on the boat" (live through His life), or you're thrown in the fire until you submit - what's so hard to understand?

Old 05-13-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

This is just an example of having to create another problem when it is shown that the original assertion about CU was wrong in the first place.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:32 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,693,931 times
Quote:
You already think it is false because the statement your talking about sure doesn't prove anything.
You honestly can't see what we are saying or are you just denying it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or