U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:35 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,688,179 times
Reputation: 639

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
You honestly can't see what we are saying or are you just denying it?
I know what you are saying and disagree, do you see the difference?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:41 PM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,411,663 times
Reputation: 682
Its very simple. Without Christ no one would be saved. With Christ, everyone is saved.

So how can you say Christ is not necessary to be saved?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,031 posts, read 2,689,143 times
Reputation: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I know what you are saying and disagree, do you see the difference?
Nevermind. You have no interest in having a conversation so I'm done.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,031 posts, read 2,689,143 times
Reputation: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Its very simple. Without Christ no one would be saved. With Christ, everyone is saved.

So how can you say Christ is not necessary to be saved?
He's already saved everyone so how is Jesus necessary anymore?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,384,512 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
He's already saved everyone so how is Jesus necessary anymore?

I kind of wonder if you are being silly.....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:48 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,688,179 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Nevermind. You have no interest in having a conversation so I'm done.

I asked you a question, so if your done, that's on you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,291,776 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
anthropos anth'-ro-pos
from G435 and ops (the countenance; from G3700;
man-faced, i.e. a human being:--certain, man.

Man faced is the representation we have, but it is not our countenance.


Gods promised are not limited to our state of flesh and bone appearance.
Who ever said it is? The promise, the reward is just that, for what we do IN THIS LIFE.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:55 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,723,032 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
This right here shows me UR is a false teaching. I don't understand how one cannot see this!
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Just because God gave us a heart to live, doesn't mean we don't need our heart anymore!

I know you don't believe in OSAS, but many on here do, and the same could be said about that belief. Finn, do you believe in OSAS? If so, do you believe once you're saved you don't need Christ anymore? If neither of you believe God can hold your salvation secure, then I wouldn't expect you to understand this at all.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,291,776 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Apparently you are not aware of Psalm 139:
I am very aware of it, and who is speaking?.....an elected saint. I said all people, for all time. I am certain God's crafts His elect, for His purposes on earth.

And even if He does knit each and every person together (which the scripture does not denote for the wicked), if that persons denies His Son, the most sacred of all sacrifices, His wrath is justified, so sayeth the scriptures.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,031 posts, read 2,689,143 times
Reputation: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I asked you a question, so if your done, that's on you.
What Finn wrote is a valid argument and I commented on it, but you completely dismissed it by saying it doesn't prove anything. You didn't even address the argument; therefore to me, you don't want to have a conversation. You just avoided it because it weakens your belief.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top