U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2010, 02:54 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,286,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
However, I don't believe for one minute that God would knit David and others together and just let a bunch of tissue form on its own for other people.
That's an assumption. But to each his own, I prefer to interpret scripture, with scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 02:56 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,108,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary!!! With regard to Acts 17:28,29, C.I. Scofield wrote...

(17:28) This statement is found in the writings of Aratus and Cleanthes.

(17:29) ''Offspring'' is from the Gk. genos meaning race. The reference is to the creation-work of God, in which He made man (i.e.mankind, the race in Adam) in His own likeness, Gen. 1:26-27, thus rebuking the thought that ''the Godhead is like unto gold,'' etc. The word ''Father'' is not used, nor does the passage affirm anything concerning fatherhood or sonship, which are relationshiips based upon faith and the new birth. Cp. Jn.1:12-13; Gal.3:26; 4:1-7; 1 Jn. 5:1.

(New Scofield Reference Edition, footnote for Acts 17:28,29; p.1190).

And here is the Scripture...

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.

Gal. 3:36 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal. 4:1 NOW I say, as long as the heir is a child, he does not differ at all from a slave although he is owner of everything, 2) but he is under guardians and managers until the date set by the father. 3) So also we, while we were children, were held in bondage under the elemental things of the world. 4) But when the fulness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, 5) in order that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. 6) And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, ''Abba!, Father!'' 7) Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.

1 John 5:1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God; and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him.

Only those members of the human race who have made a personal decision to believe in Jesus Christ for salvation are children of God. Believers are sons of God by ADOPTION only.
Good thing there's no expiration date there!

Peace,
Brian

Old 05-15-2010, 03:02 PM

26,248 posts, read 13,920,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Jesus said it ... So now answer the question ... Did God fail ... ?
Where did Christ say He was sent to save the whole world?...

Old 05-15-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Christ said it. John 3:17 (which I like even better than 3:16!)

Again, how many people in human history were made sinners? How many of us are children of Adam?
"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." How many of us were His enemies?
"Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. "

As in one, so in the other. Christ is the LAST Adam, just as the first Adam was also a son of God.

We mustn't be high-minded or proud, but humble ourselves, because it is HE who has saved us, not ourselves! We are only messengers of the reconcilation which He has brought to man. Peace on earth, good will toward man.

Blessings to you,
Brian
No He didn't...the author of the book of john said it...

Old 05-15-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
One word. Wow.

Exactly!! Keep studying....

I am FINALLY starting to understand. When the light bulbs start coming on, WOW!

Thank you for your patience on these forums. I am glad so many of you stuck it out (I have gotten tired after only 1 MONTH!). I really wish ShanaBrown was still around, too.
I have been stuying for over 20 years...in depth...

Old 05-15-2010, 03:08 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I have been stuying for over 20 years...in depth...

Use the SPIRIT.....not the force.

REMEMBER, the PHARISEES KNEW their scripture, too. At least they thought they did. I'm sure they were still PREACHING and teaching up until the moment they were all wiped out.......

Ezekiel 16:49 "'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

Who is this today???

Why will Sodom be in a better position than Jerusalem in the Judgment????

And, pray tell, how is there a "BETTER" in the Traditional Christian (really, pagan Greek) Hell ?

Last edited by herefornow; 05-15-2010 at 03:18 PM..

Old 05-15-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Yep.
what happened to shanabrown?...

Old 05-15-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary!!! With regard to Acts 17:28,29, C.I. Scofield wrote...

(17:28) This statement is found in the writings of Aratus and Cleanthes.

(17:29) ''Offspring'' is from the Gk. genos meaning race. The reference is to the creation-work of God, in which He made man (i.e.mankind, the race in Adam) in His own likeness, Gen. 1:26-27, thus rebuking the thought that ''the Godhead is like unto gold,'' etc. The word ''Father'' is not used, nor does the passage affirm anything concerning fatherhood or sonship, which are relationshiips based upon faith and the new birth. Cp. Jn.1:12-13; Gal.3:26; 4:1-7; 1 Jn. 5:1.

(New Scofield Reference Edition, footnote for Acts 17:28,29; p.1190).

And here is the Scripture...

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.

Gal. 3:36 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal. 4:1 NOW I say, as long as the heir is a child, he does not differ at all from a slave although he is owner of everything, 2) but he is under guardians and managers until the date set by the father. 3) So also we, while we were children, were held in bondage under the elemental things of the world. 4) But when the fulness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, 5) in order that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. 6) And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, ''Abba!, Father!'' 7) Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.

1 John 5:1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God; and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him.

Only those members of the human race who have made a personal decision to believe in Jesus Christ for salvation are children of God. Believers are sons of God by ADOPTION only.
Exactly the way i see it, Mike...if he was indicating that all those he was speaking to were children of God, then why use the term offspring...it has a different meannig altogether...if i adopt a child, that child becomes my child, even though he is not my offspring...and how many men have father offspring but do not treat them as their children, even abandoning them..the one who loves you and takes care of you and is their for you you are a child of regardless of the gentics...

Old 05-15-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Good thing there's no expiration date there!

Peace,
Brian
except for the Jew...

Old 05-15-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Use the SPIRIT.....not the force.

REMEMBER, the PHARISEES KNEW their scripture, too. At least they thought they did. I'm sure they were still PREACHING and teaching up until the moment they were all wiped out.......
The Spirit does teach me, even from the first moment i read the bible after being saved and discovered that Jesus was God in the flesh...never saw that before...with scripture, you either believe it or you don't...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or