U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2010, 11:51 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,726,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
That's an assumption. But to each his own, I prefer to interpret scripture, with scripture.
Yeah. I also assume God created air, but scripture doesn't say that either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 12:12 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,301,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Yeah. I also assume God created air, but scripture doesn't say that either.
Yes it does.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Yes it does.
Why not just tell me where instead of just disagreeing? I didn't think it said that, but regardless, my point is, there are a lot of things the bible DOESN'T say, and I believe that one of those things that it doesn't say, but is true is, "God knit David together in his mother's womb, and everybody else, too."

Old 05-16-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
"God knit David together in his mother's womb, and everybody else, too."
I will go along with you here...."and to think all that care He put into them, and they denied His Son, whom He had killed, for the person who denied Him." That kind of rejection for such a hard thing to do for a father, being one myself..I couldn't imagine, my wrath, as He says His is, abides in that very creation He assembled turned reprobate.
Think about it. No profession, no salvation.

To answer you.....Genesis 1.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I will go along with you here...."and to think all that care He put into them, and they denied His Son, whom He had killed, for the person who denied Him." That kind of rejection for such a hard thing to do for a father, being one myself..I couldn't imagine, my wrath, as He says His is, abides in that very creation He assembled turned reprobate.
Think about it. No profession, no salvation.

To answer you.....Genesis 1.
Your post was confusing. What this supposed to be my quote? ...."and to think all that care He put into them, and they denied His Son, whom He had killed, for the person who denied Him."

Where's the verse that says God created air?

Old 05-16-2010, 02:06 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,218,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Well, I guess I am going the opposite direction here, then. I used to believe in the Traditional Greek version of hell with my whole heart, but when I started studying, my eyes just about popped out of their sockets!!!!

I really CAN'T believe why anybody would teach what they teach after intense studying unless they are just plain ol' wolves.

And, I truly am starting to believe that many teachers are just that; wolves.

Just a few more reasons to cry at night.
If you cry, cry for joy ... This is the day the lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it ... !

The day is coming when all the works of the devil will be destroyed, and God will be all in all. Don't let those who cannot receive the truth of these things at this time upset you too much. Misery loves company ... That is what having a good sense of humor is for ... Don't let those who cherish the thoughts of everlasting evil and pain get under your skin.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:24 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,218,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No He didn't...the author of the book of john said it...

According to the gospel of John, Christ said it when he was speaking with Nicodemus ...

However if you want to say that John said it because he wrote the gospel, then that argument can be used about everything recorded in the gospels concerning what Christ said. I cant believe you would actually use this argument, it is rather petty and trite don't you think?

I could say the same thing about Mat 15:24, that Matthew is the one that said that, because he was the writer of Mathew(or whoever the writer actually was, it was certainly not Christ who wrote it) ...

I can see that you are just skirting the issue and picking and choosing what you want to believe, whatever floats your dogmatic boat ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 05-16-2010 at 03:13 PM..

Old 05-16-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:

Where's the verse that says God created air?
And God said, "Let there be space between the waters, to separate water from water." And so it was. God made this space to separate the waters above from the waters below. God called the expanse "air." And there was evening, and there was morning--the second day

The firmament between the water below, and the water above...ie clouds.

Air.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
God called the expanse "air."
Please tell me which translation you used for this. All the translations I looked up for Genesis 1:8 said either sky, heaven, or the heavens. I do hope you didn't make that up, because that's pretty silly if you can't concede even a tiny little issue like that.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Please tell me which translation you used for this. All the translations I looked up for Genesis 1:8 said either sky, heaven, or the heavens. I do hope you didn't make that up, because that's pretty silly if you can't concede even a tiny little issue like that.
I believe it was the Hebrew Names or New Century...but either way, all translations are correct, and the focus of that very text and verse is WHAT IS BETWEEN THE CLOUDS AND SEA......THE AIR, which is the sky, the heavens (first), etc. Regardless, the meaning is...the air and sky.

Now to the heart of the issue here is....you are assuming that because David understands that God weaved him in the womb, DOES NOT IMPLY that He does that for everyone. David was VERY VERY SPECIAL. Limited Atonement is not understood as God has put a limit on the atonement qualities of salvation, but rather only a limited percentage of the populace for all time will accept that atonment gift.

BHFT, Christ died and fulfilled the law, the covenant under the rules applied to repentance, faith and obedience is a must in order to receive the blessing of atonement and salvastion. The scriptrues are very clear about this. Only a certain portion of the human populace for all time will enter the kingdom of Heaven and become a NEW CREATION. This divine providence factor of God is unquestionable in my mind, and in most Christians minds, the sole reason why He has commisioned His saints to proclaim the gospel. To push an ideology that the soul will be redeemed post mortem without having faith in their human life is not only contrary to the Salvific event of Christ, it is also an error that keeps many from the faith IMO. As much as UR tries to spin and jump through scriptural hoops to get their message accross, it is clear and presently evidenced not only here at CD, but all over the net, that the UR crowd is not only lacking literary skill and scripturral foundation for their view, but their lack of interpreting it and self imposition of their own emotions onto the character of God.

My opinion, you guys are trying to be like God, and see through His eyes. Stop it.

Last edited by sciotamicks; 05-17-2010 at 02:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or