U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 06:37 AM

26,378 posts, read 13,989,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you believe God is in control, then you would believe he allowed it to happen. Hitler will burn in hell, unless he gave his life to God, which I very much doubt.

If it wasn't you, then it was the other URers who like to tell us how they cried in the shower and suddenly understood the true character of God. Yes, it sounds silly, because no one fully understands God.

Nope, I never compared them as equal, I used earthly pain , suffering and death to make my point of what God does and will do because of mens sin, but if you still don't get the point, then you probably never will. I have explained it many times: if God punished the entire mankind on earth because of Adams sin, what makes you think he will back down on what he says he will do to us after our physical deaths? If he didn't lie about punishement on earth, what makes you think he will lie about the punishement after life? The answer: he will not.
Yea...it is not just of God to send unbelievers to an eternal Hell, but, i guess they believe it was just to condemn the whole human race because of one sin of Adam and Eve...double standards?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
here's what some think is the reason God will back down: Christ. The wages of sin is death, not eternal torment.

Blessings,
brian
The wages of Sin is death (Physical, Remember Adam and Eve lost their immortality)...However, unbelief in Christ and what He did is spiritual death...I would also point out Ananias and Saphira...for their Sin of lieing to the Holy Ghost, their lost their physical lives...it does not say that they were condemned for it, just that God took their earthly lives...people have the habit of reading into it what is not their...that is why Calvin was a proponent for Systematic Theology...and not going outside what is revealed in the Bible with undo speculation...

Old 06-06-2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
None of Gods attributes are apart from Love.

God is Love, that is his nature, Gods judgments are through love, Gods wrath is through love, Gods justice is through love, Gods righteousness is through love.

Can we reflect upon God is Love too much? Not possible.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Why would it be a fearful thing?...

Old 06-06-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
True, the statement "a loving God will not do that" does not mean anything.

But we can determine through evidence the possibility that hell is not real and that God does not send anyone there.

Hell not being in scripture in the first place is a good spot to start.
You're right...the Greek word translated from the Hebrew word for hell somply means the grave...but, the lake of fire is spoken about and likened to Gehenna...which was used to burn refuse and after it is burned there is nothing left...but ash and also ash can be burned as well...

Old 06-06-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Do you know why He brought those horrors down on those people???!

Their leadership brought them into violence, perversion, sacrificing, USURY!

The Cry of Sodom is not exactly what you imagine it to have been; although, it is a part of it.

You know what, though? The Old Testament is FILLED to the BRIM with God's vengeful acts on HIS OWN PEOPLE! Not the heathen! Tell me why God kept torching and killing His own people. Most of Western Civilization is GUILTY, overwhelmingly, of these same things.

We are in an age of grace, presently. Just because you are not feeling the wrath of God at the moment, doesn't mean it won't happen; the afterlife might be interesting for some people.

And be careful before pointing the finger outward. Deception often happens to those that don't think it is happening to them.
I have an open mind, unlike other christians that will not go outside what their preachers have told them...but, i have filtered many doctrines and religions and archeological finds seeing where the truths are and where the falsehoods are...
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2Th 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
2Th 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
He didn't lie. Here's what He said about Adam's sin:

1 Corinthians 15:
21For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
The qualifier there is 'the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man'...It does not indicate which will be resurrected, it implies all will be resurrected, it does say that through Christ all will be made alive, it does not say spiritualy, or eternaly...you are assuming that since it is through Christ that it means that all will be saved, it does not say that however...all will be resurrected, some to eternal life other to eternal condemnation...your theology is not very systematic...

Old 06-06-2010, 07:16 AM

30,295 posts, read 20,036,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

And be careful before pointing the finger outward. Deception often happens to those that don't think it is happening to them.
I have been deceived by what i have perceived to be truth , but i'm thankful to the Lord that He always brings it to light and understanding now that truth really is the reality of who He is , i find i am on safer ground , basically deception is straining at gnats and swallowing camels

Old 06-06-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I thought you didn't believe in free will? If we don't have free will then God willed for all this to happen? How can you blame Hitler or greedy men and women if they had no choice because there isn't free will?
Gen 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Free will?...

Jer 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Pro 16:9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Exo 4:21 And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.

Exo 14:4 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, that he shall follow after them; and I will be honoured upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host; that the Egyptians may know that I am the LORD. And they did so.

Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

and many many more...

Old 06-06-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Cantwait2leave,
Didn't Jesus say that He came to save the world? Are you able to see that He accomplished this, or is this verse incorrect to you?

Blessings,
brian
There are two applications of Christ's Salvation...one is temporal while the other is eternal...

Old 06-06-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Jhn 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

God sent Christ into the world to save the world, did God fail?
Well, that contradicts what Christ originally said, that He came for the Lost Sheep of Israel...unless, there is a temporal meaning to it...then, it would not be a contradiction...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or