U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 01:21 PM

58,731 posts, read 32,184,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
It wouldn't be so easy to refute if the interpretations were based on logic to begin with!
How about you stick to your logic, and I stick to the truth. Deal?

Bible - the righteous are given access to the tree of life, and the sinners are left outside. Also, THOSE WHO WISH, can drink the water of life, meaning those who choose to drink may drink, and those who don't want to drink won't have to drink:

Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." 17The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

Someone's logic

No, no one can possibly be left outside, because loving God logically wouldn't leave anyone outside.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-07-2010 at 01:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 03:13 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,223,796 times
Okay, while we are at it ... Who else along with fundamentalist orthodox Christian sects refute UR?
Islam, Post Babylonian captivity Pharisaic Jewry(according to Josephus), Zoroastrianism, The ancient Egyptian religions, also ancient Greek mythology, along with various other ancient pagan religions which are noted below ...

Quote:
Breton Mythology's of “Anaon”, Celtic Mythology's “Uffern”, Slavic mythology's "Peklo", the hell of Lapps Mythology and Ugarian Mythology's “Manala” that leads to annihilation.

The hells in the Middle East include Sumerian Mythology's “Aralu”; the hells of Canaanite Mythology, Hittite Mythology and Mithraism; the weighing of the heart in Egyptian Mythology can lead to annihilation. The hells of Asia include Bagobo Mythology's “Gimokodan” and Ancient Indian Mythology's “Kalichi". African hells include Haida Mythology's “Hetgwauge” and the hell of Swahili Mythology. The hells of the Americas include Aztec Mythology's “Mictlan”, Inuit mythology's “Adlivun” and Yanomamo Mythology's “Shobari Waka”. The Oceanic hells include Samoan Mythology's “O le nu'u-o-nonoa” and the hells of Bangka Mythology and Caroline Islands Mythology.

From Hell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hmmm ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 06-07-2010 at 03:21 PM..

Old 06-07-2010, 03:29 PM

30,410 posts, read 20,110,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Okay, while we are at it ... Who else along with fundamentalist orthodox Christian sects refute UR?
Islam, Post Babylonian captivity Pharisaic Jewry(according to Josephus), Zoroastrianism, The ancient Egyptian religions, also ancient Greek mythology, along with various other ancient pagan religions which are noted below ...

Hmmm ...
Well i guess Finn is using logic(surely not) over reality with is belief that Universal Reconciliation is the uniting faith for all religions , masterminded by the devil himself.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:36 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,423,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How about you stick to your logic, and I stick to the truth. Deal?

Bible - the righteous are given access to the tree of life, and the sinners are left outside. Also, THOSE WHO WISH, can drink the water of life, meaning those who choose to drink may drink, and those who don't want to drink won't have to drink:

Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." 17The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

Someone's logic

No, no one can possibly be left outside, because loving God logically wouldn't leave anyone outside.
NOOOOOO Logically if you think Rev. is talking about HEAVEN then those outside the city and inside the city ARE ALL IN HEAVEN....

The GATES to the city are never shut...

Old 06-07-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well i guess Finn is using logic(surely not) over reality with is belief that Universal Reconciliation is the uniting faith for all religions , masterminded by the devil himself.
My understanding of logic and Finns are two entirely different things.

Worshiping a man(other than Christ) and his image as God has nothing to do with UR, or any other aspect of Christianity for that matter.

If the futurist interpretation of scripture is accurate, than the beast will cause all great and small to worship him and his image, and he himself will worship a God of military power.

And whoever does not worship him and his image, he will have put to death.

That sounds allot more like the roman Catholic church during the dark ages when they tortured and burned people alive for believing anything contrary to the orthodox tradition.

Universalists do not threaten people with death and torture in order to get them to believe ...

What Finn is claiming concerning Christian UR being the religion of the beast has absolutely no basis in the scriptures, and makes absolutely no sense. How could he on the one hand claim everyone will be saved regardless of religion or creed, and then torture and murder people who do not worship him? The whole idea is ludicrous.

He is simply making it up as he goes along because it suits his fancy ...

Old 06-07-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
My understanding of logic and Finns are two entirely different things.

Worshiping a man(other than Christ) and his image as God has nothing to do with UR, or any other aspect of Christianity for that matter.

If the futurist interpretation of scripture is accurate, than the beast will cause all great and small to worship him and his image, and he himself will worship a God of military power.

And whoever does not worship him and his image, he will have put to death.

That sounds allot more like the roman Catholic church during the dark ages when they tortured and burned people alive for believing anything contrary to the orthodox tradition.

Universalists do not threaten people with death and torture in order to get them to believe ...

What Finn is claiming concerning Christian UR being the religion of the beast has absolutely no basis in the scriptures, and makes absolutely no sense. How could he on the one hand claim everyone will be saved regardless of religion or creed, and then torture and murder people who do not worship him? The whole idea is ludicrous.

He is simply making it up as he goes along because it suits his fancy ...

What's worse is i think Finn really believes in his own logical fancies as scriptual.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:31 PM

58,731 posts, read 32,184,806 times
If you guys want to keep gossiping about me, then the least you can do it stay truthful

Old 06-07-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
What's worse is i think Finn really believes in his own logical fancies as scriptual.
Im sure he is at the very least completely brainwashed so that he believes it.

When someone truly believes in something, that is to say has faith in something, it is because they hope it is true, as faith is the substance of things hoped for.

I don't think you will be able to get Finn or many of the other ET'ers or even the Annihilators to admit that they hope that ET or annihilation is true.

They prefer to hide behind the "Good Christian" persona and just claim that it is Gods will even though it makes them sad and they wish it were not true.

They claim it is divine justice, and that either ET or annihilation in the end glorifies God. Yet they say out of the other side of their mouths that they do not want anyone to have to suffer it.

They cant decide what they really believe because in fact they are just mostly programmed to believe the way they do ... And in effect they are all the victims of religious cognitive dissonance.

Most of Germany was brainwashed into believing it was acceptable to torture and murder anyone existing on the fringes of society(not only Jews) during the third Reich ... Now go over there and Ask them what they think about it all and see what they have to say ...

Anyone in their right mind with a conscience would not be willing or even able to condone the idea of eternal torment. And hence i do not believe that many orthodox fundamentalist Christians are in their right minds.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 06-07-2010 at 07:54 PM..

Old 06-07-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Im sure he is at the very least completely brainwashed so that he believes it.

When someone truly believes in something, that is to say has faith in something, it is because they hope it is true, as faith is the substance of things hoped for.

I don't think you will be able to get Finn or many of the other ET'ers or even the Annihilators to admit that they hope that ET or annihilation is true.

They prefer to hide behind the "Good Christian" persona and just claim that it is Gods will even though it makes them sad and they wish it were not true.

They claim it is divine justice, and that either ET or annihilation in the end glorifies God. Yet they say out of the other side of their mouths that they do not want anyone to have to suffer it.

They cant decide what they really believe because in fact they are just mostly programmed to believe the way they do ... And in effect they are all the victims of religious cognitive dissonance.

Most of Germany was brainwashed into believing it was acceptable to torture and murder anyone existing on the fringes of society(not only Jews) during the third Reich ... Now go over there and Ask them what they think about it all and see what they have to say ...

Anyone in their right mind with a conscience would not be willing or even able to condone the idea of eternal torment. And hece i do not believe that many orthodox fundamentalist Christians are in their right minds.
I couldn't have said it better

What does cognitive dissonance man

Old 06-07-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I couldn't have said it better

What does cognitive dissonance man

Main Entry: cognitive dissonance
Function: noun
Date: 1957
: psychological conflict resulting from incongruous beliefs and attitudes held simultaneously
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or