U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 01:10 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,688,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Indeed. Everyone will be made alive for the judgement, and there every knee will bend because at that time even the most hardened unbeliever will see God face to face and believe he existed all along. Unfortunately for the unbelieveres it will be too late for salvation, and they will be punished to eternal damnation.

You may wish to reword this so that you don't accuse me of twisting your words.

According to how you worded your post, ALL will believe he existed.

By how you worded it, you then go on to say "unfortunatly for the unbelievers"

By how you worded this, there cannot be any unbelievers punished to eternal damnation because you said prior to this that all will believe.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 01:16 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,723,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Because it says that all Israel will be saved...it does not say the whole world...
So, do you think the verse that says in Jesus all will be made alive, just means some will be alive while on fire?

Old 06-10-2010, 01:18 PM

58,542 posts, read 31,944,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You may wish to reword this so that you don't accuse me of twisting your words.

According to how you worded your post, ALL will believe he existed.

By how you worded it, you then go on to say "unfortunatly for the unbelievers"

By how you worded this, there cannot be any unbelievers punished to eternal damnation because you said prior to this that all will believe.
I think you know what I mean? The unbelieveres are those who died as unbelievers. The fact that they see God with their own eyes during the judgement and then realize he was real all along, will not save them. It is too late. As Paul would put it, they are "those without hope".

Old 06-10-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I think you know what I mean? The unbelieveres are those who died as unbelievers. The fact that they see God with their own eyes during the judgement and then realize he was real all along, will not save them. It is too late. As Paul would put it, they are "those without hope".

ok, thanks for clarifying what you believe, however the scriptural account for this point and time as we understand it in philippians does not describe this as you have explained it.

You can interpret it to mean what you said, but I'll stick with the text and go from that point.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:36 PM

78 posts, read 87,777 times
i guess that Isaiah was wrong when he said in

Isa 26:9..........for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

and John the baptist was sadly mistaken when he went around proclaiming that "all flesh shall see the salvation of God"...................................

Old 06-10-2010, 01:46 PM

58,542 posts, read 31,944,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
ok, thanks for clarifying what you believe, however the scriptural account for this point and time as we understand it in philippians does not describe this as you have explained it.

You can interpret it to mean what you said, but I'll stick with the text and go from that point.
The text is clear, and Romans explain exactly what the bending knee means.

Here is how the unbelievers will be treated at the day of judgement:

Quote:
"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death
No need to reply. I am done with all the repetition. Like you said, believe what you wish. The text doesn't doesn't get clearer with repetition.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:56 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,723,242 times
Quote:

Here is how the unbelievers will be treated at the day of judgement:

"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death

No need to reply. I am done with all the repetition. Like you said, believe what you wish. The text doesn't doesn't get clearer with repetition.
Since you believe the fiery lake of burning sulfur is literal, do you also believe the spring of the water of life is literal? Is God talking about actually giving them something to drink?

Old 06-10-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
The text simply does not add up to all your saying. When you repeat yourself, you always imply that a bent knee is all there is.

The test describes a point where all will bow, yes, all will bow, it also explains that all will confess JESUS AS LORD.

The very fabric of salvation is confessing Jesus as Lord,

And not only that the text describes that this is done to the GLORY of GOD the FATHER.

Your responce carries a different implucation when you only write "bending knee". What I am saying to you is that I have no reason to believe your intepretation is the word of God because you continually explain things in the different manner than what the text describes in full.

Of course there is judgment and of course we all account for our lives, and there is no teaching from myself that tries to excuse mans actions, but fact remains, the text in philippians paints a different picture when combined with the whole of scripture than what you describe in your own words.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:16 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,384,963 times
Quote:
Paul was speaking of those who did not believe in life after death. They were weeping without hope because they did not believe they would see their loved ones ever again!

Jesus said, basically, "why the heck are you all crying? I've got the keys to death. Don't you worry about a thing!"

Old 06-10-2010, 06:19 PM

30,274 posts, read 20,017,000 times
Quote:
There's not a point in anyone of our lives where we were without hope . This is a very good thing to remember and simply acknowledged will humble us and hopefully be reflective in our lives.

To be so dismissive with the word of God (more to the point our biased interpretation of it) towards those are without hope and towards those who have hope for the hopeless , speaks volumes.

Orthodox christianity (the gates of hell) is doing it's best to hold back the true nature and character of God , but it will not prevail.

18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

If only this was the face of orthodox christianity , the local meeting places would be packed to the rafters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or