U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2010, 03:33 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,048,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I have never claimed to be anyone but who I am. My point stands.
I know....
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 03:33 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,688,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
This is just nonsense and I'm not going to play this little game with you.

It's not a game, your logic is flawed, that is not my problem, it is yours.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:36 PM

20,322 posts, read 15,674,976 times
Quote:
Yep. might check out mike555 declaration that some believe in Jesus but don't really believe , then makes a thread where if you believe in Jesus your salvation is secure AND ANYTHING YOU DO DOES NOT MATTER.

k: k:

Oh and don't forget that some will post that unbelievers are in hell but all will believe while in hell because they will understand what they missed out on.

Sure, everyone can be a bit inconsistant, but I think in matters of eternal damnation if it is true you all drop the ball big time because of what you believe is at stake. So lets talk about who's inconsistancies will do more damage, if your perspective is true, you guys really stink and probably won't even make it to heaven because you've bungled things up so badly.
If a person does not believe in the Jesus Christ of the Bible, but has instead placed his belief in some false Jesus, and anyone who denies that Jesus Christ is God has placed their faith in a false Jesus, that person is not saved. If a person has believed in the Jesus Christ of the Bible for salvation, then that person is eternally saved.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
I know....
Exactly.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:38 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,048,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If a person does not believe in the Jesus Christ of the Bible, but has instead placed his belief in some false Jesus, and anyone who denies that Jesus Christ is God has placed their faith in a false Jesus, that person is not saved. If a person has believed in the Jesus Christ of the Bible for salvation, then that person is eternally saved.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Yeah, hopefully since Jesus Christ of the bible is the only Christ there is, then there isn't gonna be much confusion there. But you create confusion by stating in a thread that some profess in Jesus Christ but really do not believe. There just isn't any other Jesus in the first place.

So more convoluted nonsense that only preoccupies Christians needlessly.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:47 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,689,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
You interpret the bible to say so. That's all. As you saw in another thread, Paul did not teach that and none of you ET believers can figure out why he didn't.
No, I simply read the Bible because 100% of it is true. I don't need to try to justify certain parts in order for them to fit my belief. I don't need to talk about how the authors were ignorant savages and the words are just "written in ink." I don't need to talk about misinterpretations, mistranslations, or anything else to try to validate my beliefs. I'm not saying you do all of these things, but this is the kind of stuff that is posted on a daily basis by universalists.

Paul most certainly talked about it! Phil 3:18-19, Romans 9:22, 2 Thess 1:7-9, 1 Thes 5:3. Deny hell all you want, but Jesus spoke about it more than heaven!

Old 06-11-2010, 03:49 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,114,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Because their false belief doesn't hold water. They contradict themselves all the time. It's amazing to me that people can be so blind.
Were you never blind?
For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

peace,
brian

Old 06-11-2010, 04:00 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,723,032 times
Quote:
Yeah, hopefully since Jesus Christ of the bible is the only Christ there is, then there isn't gonna be much confusion there. But you create confusion by stating in a thread that some profess in Jesus Christ but really do not believe. There just isn't any other Jesus in the first place.

So more convoluted nonsense that only preoccupies Christians needlessly.
I agree with you, and also Mike555 has said that even if you believe in Jesus, if you think that being sorry for your sins somehow plays a role in your salvation, then you are not saved because you don't "understand" and have tried to add something to your own salvation. So, in that view, even though "understanding" is required, that somehow doesn't count as adding to your own salvation. So much confusion!

Old 06-11-2010, 04:06 PM

20,322 posts, read 15,674,976 times
Quote:
That's why it's a false Jesus. Such as the Jesus that the Jehovah's witnesses believe in. All who profess to believe in Christ, but deny His deity, have an improper object for their faith and are still under eternal condemnation and on their way to the lake of fire.

Many profess to believe in Jesus but have never entered into a saving relationship with Him.. As Matthew 7:21-23 makes clear.

Final comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or