Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2010, 03:10 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,849,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I thought you didn't believe in free will? If we don't have free will then God willed for all this to happen? How can you blame Hitler or greedy men and women if they had no choice because there isn't free will?
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 03:16 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,336,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I can't speak for others, but for ME, this is beyond ridiculous. Most of my family is going to hell. You think I want UR to be false so that I can be prideful and I can go to heaven and my grandmother, aunts, uncles and cousins are in hell? You really think this is what I desire? This couldn't be farther from the truth, but they are choosing to live their lives how they want. Just a few weeks ago, my grandmother (not a Christian) laughed about hell and joked about going to it because she doesn't care about sin. I can't FORCE my grandma to love Christ! I talk with her about God and it seems like it's all a joke to her.

If hell wasn't real, which it is, I wouldn't go back to living a sinful and dishonest life. My desire is to please the Lord! It doesn't have anything to do with hell.

A Christian should NOT rejoice in hearing that ALL sinners will be taken into the spiritual enjoyment (do you mean heaven?) of God because the Bible makes it crystal clear this isn't going to happen. I'm not going to rejoice in an unbiblical heresy.
Cantwait2leave,
Didn't Jesus say that He came to save the world? Are you able to see that He accomplished this, or is this verse incorrect to you?

Blessings,
brian

Old 05-14-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Cantwait2leave,
Didn't Jesus say that He came to save the world? Are you able to see that He accomplished this, or is this verse incorrect to you?

Blessings,
brian
Jesus said He came for the lost sheep of Israel...
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:15 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,169,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Jesus said He came for the lost sheep of Israel...
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
He came for the House of Israel, YES! He knew they were going to reject Him, but He needed to let them know that He tried. These things are being recorded. Gentiles are carrying the torch now; not that they are doing any better!

All throughout the Old Testament, He wanted Israel to show the outsiders what God's Kingdom was supposed to look like. They failed to do so, and He sent them off to Gehenna (HELL) in A.D. 70.

He did not come to save us from an eternal fire pit! He came to destroy the works of darkness and save us from ourselves!

And, we are ALL GUILTY! EVERY LAST ONE OF US!

He hath concludeth ALL in UNBELIEF ("christian," Jew, Muslim) to have mercy on ALL!!! What exactly does that UNBELIEF consist of???

He really wasn't joking when He said that He can't find any faith. The Religious knew their scriptures, but they did not know HIM! They did not have faith in His MESSAGE and did not understand WHO HE WAS!

The heathen of His time had more faith than the religious! Faith in WHAT??

HIS POWER! HIS LOVE! HIS MERCY!

Old 05-14-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
He came for the House of Israel, YES! He knew they were going to reject Him, but He needed to let them know that He tried. These things are being recorded. Gentiles are carrying the torch now; not that they are doing any better!

All throughout the Old Testament, He wanted Israel to show the outsiders what God's Kingdom was supposed to look like. They failed to do so, and He sent them off to Gehenna (HELL) in A.D. 70.

He did not come to save us from an eternal fire pit! He came to destroy the works of darkness and save us from ourselves!

And, we are ALL GUILTY! EVERY LAST ONE OF US!

He hath concludeth ALL in UNBELIEF ("christian," Jew, Muslim) to have mercy on ALL!!! What exactly does that UNBELIEF consist of???

He really wasn't joking when He said that He can't find any faith. The Religious knew their scriptures, but they did not know HIM! They did not have faith in His MESSAGE and did not understand WHO HE WAS!

The heathen of His time had more faith than the religious! Faith in WHAT??

HIS POWER! HIS LOVE! HIS MERCY!
you are adding to what He said...Who sent Him?...God....Where did God send Him?...To the lost sheep of the House of Israel...what you are saying does not change the fact that god did not send Him to anyone else but the lost sheep of the house of Israel...He did not conclude all unto unbelief (where do you get your information from)...only the house of Israel...but, only this until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in...the fullness indicates that there are a certain number of gentiles to be saved and then Israel will have their eyes opened by God...

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Rom 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:50 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,717,594 times
Quote:
you are adding to what He said...Who sent Him?...God....Where did God send Him?...To the lost sheep of the House of Israel...what you are saying does not change the fact that god did not send Him to anyone else but the lost sheep of the house of Israel...He did not conclude all unto unbelief (where do you get your information from)...only the house of Israel...but, only this until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in...the fullness indicates that there are a certain number of gentiles to be saved and then Israel will have their eyes opened by God...

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Rom 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Jhn 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

God sent Christ into the world to save the world, did God fail?

Old 05-14-2010, 05:17 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,169,921 times
Quote:

I am absolutely not adding to what the scriptures say! Shame on you for accusing me of such things!

WHAT WERE THE ELECT SUPPOSED TO BE DOING??????

What is their purpose on this planet?

They did not do their job; not in the past and not presently.

When I started figuring these things out, I had a bit of a meltdown. I wondered, TRULY, who in the world is actually saved and not deceived out there????

And if it is so few that are being salvaged (saved), how in the world do we have SO MANY verses of praise coming from the ENTIRE UNIVERSE in the end?

How do those puzzle pieces fit?

Check out Romans 11:31 again: Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Romans 11:32
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Start researching all the Old Testament prophecy on Sodom being restored, on Jerusalem being restored, the Queen of the South.

Did you know the JEWS of Jesus' time are in bigger trouble in the JUDGMENT than SODOM!

THOSE PIECES WILL START TO FIT!

Old 05-14-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Jhn 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

God sent Christ into the world to save the world, did God fail?
that does not negate what Christ said...He was sent to the Lost Sheep Of The House Of Israel...Not the World...Was He lying?...

you seem to through out of context verses out there...i, most of the time try to go through at least a chapter in order to present a cohesive point regarding scripture...what the author was trying to say...you are hanging on these little threads...which really mean nothing when taken out of context...

Old 05-14-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I am absolutely not adding to what the scriptures say! Shame on you for accusing me of such things!

WHAT WERE THE ELECT SUPPOSED TO BE DOING??????

What is their purpose on this planet?

They did not do their job; not in the past and not presently.

When I started figuring these things out, I had a bit of a meltdown. I wondered, TRULY, who in the world is actually saved and not deceived out there????

And if it is so few that are being salvaged (saved), how in the world do we have SO MANY verses of praise coming from the ENTIRE UNIVERSE in the end?

How do those puzzle pieces fit?

Check out Romans 11:31 again: Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Romans 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Start researching all the Old Testament prophecy on Sodom being restored, on Jerusalem being restored, the Queen of the South.

Did you know the JEWS of Jesus' time are in bigger trouble in the JUDGMENT than SODOM!

THOSE PIECES WILL START TO FIT!

It says in the end all Israel will be saved....and 11:32 says all but, chapter 11 is speaking about the house of Israel...not the whole world...don't worry, i got the pieces and they fit fine...

Old 05-14-2010, 05:29 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,717,594 times
Quote:
that does not negate what Christ said...He was sent to the Lost Sheep Of The House Of Israel...Not the World...Was He lying?...

you seem to through out of context verses out there...i, most of the time try to go through at least a chapter in order to present a cohesive point regarding scripture...what the author was trying to say...you are hanging on these little threads...which really mean nothing when taken out of context...

I am not going to past the whole chapter here at this time. It is interesting to me that you did not answer my question. Of course Christ was not lying, but the fact that he was sent to the lost of Israel, does not change the fact that he was also sent into the world by God for the very purpose of saving the world. So my question again, did God fail?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity