U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 04:21 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,110,371 times

Advertisements

Bill allowing guns in church is approved by House | NOLA.com

-----

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 06:23 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,453,036 times
I just don't know....it's bad enough that in light of everything that's going on, I now feel the need to keep several in my home...... (having gone through the proper channels of course: conceal weapon class, time spent at the range, safety classes, etc.)...are churches exempt from being targeted by some lunatic? Hmmmm....not sure what this have to do with God being "violent with others"? Maybe you can clarify?

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 05-14-2010 at 06:32 PM..

Old 05-14-2010, 09:12 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,381,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

I figure a lot of what is going on in Christianity has to do with not BELIEVING in God's protection, power, and sovereignty. Actually that has been a problem ever since Constantine, at least for Christianity. I know the folks in the Old Testament never really relied on Him either; never quite got the hang of it.

We SAY we believe in His protection and power, but we never really mean it.

What we say when we put "In God We Trust" on our money (which is the height of blasphemy if you ask me, and God will not be mocked) is: In money, manipulation, cleverness, politicians, bankers, armies, bombs, and guns we trust!

Christianity doesn't get it either.

People never change.

If you all want to carry guns to your building, go right ahead. I foresee lots of fun ahead in this crazy world.

If God is withdrawing His protection, and is allowing these things to creep even into the "churches," maybe He is trying to tell us something. If you BELIEVE in His sovereignty, that is.

What we are supposed to be doing is standing calmly, peacefully, firmly, even though the world around us is crumbling to pieces. Kind of like the string quartet playing on the Titanic as it sank.

Giving guns to people who are filled with panic, fear, and general irritation is probably not the answer to our problems. I really don't want the Wal-Mart's and such filled with angry people with firepower. I'm not anticipating anything good coming from a heavily armed, angry, pill-popping, edgy population.

Shrug.

This is going to be fun.....Maybe the ship really is sinking.

Last edited by herefornow; 05-14-2010 at 09:33 PM..

Old 05-15-2010, 05:14 AM

7,859 posts, read 6,668,091 times
If there is a church who is in FEAR of gun violence in that area then this church must get some one with guns to protect them from gun violence against the church, because of Fear, the Lord Jesus is blocked from protecting that church.........In Matthew 26: 52-53... Jesus said``put up again thy sword into his place for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword..... Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father and he shall presently give me more than twelve legion of angels?``......meaning that if the church has regular prayer meeting that bring constent revival to HIS purpose and seek his face, repent and turn away from indifferances and lies and fear and Jesus said he will heal the land. and protect the church and this church will never see any guns or swords against it ......Glory to God.....

Old 05-15-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I figure a lot of what is going on in Christianity has to do with not BELIEVING in God's protection, power, and sovereignty. Actually that has been a problem ever since Constantine, at least for Christianity. I know the folks in the Old Testament never really relied on Him either; never quite got the hang of it.

We SAY we believe in His protection and power, but we never really mean it.

What we say when we put "In God We Trust" on our money (which is the height of blasphemy if you ask me, and God will not be mocked) is: In money, manipulation, cleverness, politicians, bankers, armies, bombs, and guns we trust!

Christianity doesn't get it either.

People never change.

If you all want to carry guns to your building, go right ahead. I foresee lots of fun ahead in this crazy world.

If God is withdrawing His protection, and is allowing these things to creep even into the "churches," maybe He is trying to tell us something. If you BELIEVE in His sovereignty, that is.

What we are supposed to be doing is standing calmly, peacefully, firmly, even though the world around us is crumbling to pieces. Kind of like the string quartet playing on the Titanic as it sank.

Giving guns to people who are filled with panic, fear, and general irritation is probably not the answer to our problems. I really don't want the Wal-Mart's and such filled with angry people with firepower. I'm not anticipating anything good coming from a heavily armed, angry, pill-popping, edgy population.

Shrug.

This is going to be fun.....Maybe the ship really is sinking.

"This is going to be fun.....Maybe the ship really is sinking".

Some of what you said, makes a lot of sense. Sinking......yes. Fun, I don't think so......... there will be NOTHING fun about it! Oh by the way, make no mistakes, I have placed my faith in God totally. It's the crazed lunatics that have intentions to bring harm to me and/or ANY OF MINES; be it in a church, or my home that I don't trust, .....you understand?

PS: By the way, did I say Good morning? Good morning.......

Old 05-15-2010, 07:44 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,750,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
If there is a church who is in FEAR of gun violence in that area then this church must get some one with guns to protect them from gun violence against the church, because of Fear, the Lord Jesus is blocked from protecting that church.........In Matthew 26: 52-53... Jesus said``put up again thy sword into his place for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword..... Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father and he shall presently give me more than twelve legion of angels?``......meaning that if the church has regular prayer meeting that bring constent revival to HIS purpose and seek his face, repent and turn away from indifferances and lies and fear and Jesus said he will heal the land. and protect the church and this church will never see any guns or swords against it ......Glory to God.....
So you're saying it's the church's fault if some lunatic randomly picks it to go into a church service and start a massacre? I'm sure those folks who just recently experienced this very thing would beg to differ. There is no safe place these days, even a church building. The building is not the "church".

Old 05-15-2010, 08:51 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,683,849 times
Everyone should be strapped with a 9

Play Golf.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:17 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,381,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
"This is going to be fun.....Maybe the ship really is sinking".

Some of what you said, makes a lot of sense. Sinking......yes. Fun, I don't think so......... there will be NOTHING fun about it! Oh by the way, make no mistakes, I have placed my faith in God totally. It's the crazed lunatics that have intentions to bring harm to me and/or ANY OF MINES; be it in a church, or my home that I don't trust, .....you understand?

PS: By the way, did I say Good morning? Good morning.......
Good morning, Betsey. I SINCERELY did not mean to offend. I have just had TOO much experience with some of this. And, NO, it WILL NOT be fun! I'm just feeling a little sarcastic lately. I'm sorry.

When you start bringing ANY fear into your soul, it attracts, well, stuff........

But, do you remember when those Amish children were killed not too long ago? Some lunatic (from the outside) brought a gun into the Amish school and started shooting. What was the Amish reaction?

You need to start studying why the country has become so violent. And it is not just because of all those illegal aliens.

The darkness crept in a LONG time ago and it comes from ALL SIDES! Even within the "Church!"

This country was BUILT on occultism (talking about God, denying the power, thereof---We have ALWAYS been heavily armed---and of course the world is being run by those that are in opposition to the Holy Spirit; love joy, peace, kindness, gentleness), as were many of the countries around the world. People around the world know what it is that we trust in, and it is not God. The politics of fear and confusion within and without the church (well, religion, period) is just one of many avenues into people's minds. Everything is coming together right on schedule.

Keep your eyes and EARS open! And DO NOT give into fear.......

Swords into ploughshares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Everyone should be strapped with a 9

Play Golf.

Last edited by herefornow; 05-15-2010 at 12:57 PM..

Old 05-15-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Good morning, Betsey. I SINCERELY did not mean to offend. I have just had TOO much experience with some of this. And, NO, it WILL NOT be fun! I'm just feeling a little sarcastic lately. I'm sorry.

When you start bringing ANY fear into your soul, it attracts, well, stuff........

But, do you remember when those Amish children were killed not too long ago? Some lunatic (from the outside) brought a gun into the Amish school and started shooting. What was the Amish reaction?

You need to start studying why the country has become so violent. And it is not just because of all those illegal aliens.

The darkness crept in a LONG time ago and it comes from ALL SIDES! Even within the "Church!"

This country was BUILT on occultism (talking about God, denying the
power, thereof---We have ALWAYS been heavily armed), as were many of the countries around the world. People around the world know what it is that we trust in, and it is not God. The politics of fear and confusion within and without the church (well, religion, period) is just one of many avenues into people's minds. Everything is coming together right on schedule.

Keep your eyes and EARS open! And DO NOT give into fear.......

Swords into ploughshares.

Not offended in the least..... We're having a civil discussion, right? I like that part you said in the above: "Everything is coming together right on schedule". Isn't it though?

Old 05-15-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
So you're saying it's the church's fault if some lunatic randomly picks it to go into a church service and start a massacre? I'm sure those folks who just recently experienced this very thing would beg to differ. There is no safe place these days, even a church building. The building is not the "church".
"There's no safe place these days, even a church building, The building is not the "church". So true! Yes, the lunatics...they're everywhere aren't they? Girl, you know I had to rep you for that one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or