U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 10:49 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,388,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The Lake of Fire and Brimstone, where the devil and false prophet are, where those outside the city gates will have their part in.

Your pagan point?

Let me guess....it's a consuming fire!!!!!!!! LOL Not! Eisegesis...UR fails every time.

Sciotamicks, I have to tell you, when you says something like, "Eisegesis... UR fails every time," it doesn't prove anything to anybody. You sound a little desperate.

Just letting you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 10:49 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,296,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
Somehow you saying "I have not..." as opposed to you saying "Jesus said He did not..." is very disturbing.

What were you thinking?
I was quoting a verse...hence italics........good grief...no wonder you people don't get it.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Sciotamicks, I have to tell you, when you says something like, "Eisegesis... UR fails every time," it doesn't prove anything to anybody. You sound a little desperate.
Cuz it has already been proven...do you want it again?
On this thread even!

Old 07-03-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
I was looking for a more metaphorical definition. It was a serious question.
I gave you a Biblical answer. That's all is needed.

Quote:
Are these your words that appear in the quote above? If so, what did you mean by "Your pagan point?"
I have seen your posts. Think about it.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:52 PM

697 posts, read 881,017 times
Quote:
I was quoting a verse...hence italics........good grief...no wonder you people don't get it.
Were you perhaps using it out of context?

Old 07-03-2010, 10:54 PM

697 posts, read 881,017 times
Quote:

This is how you have discussions with people who ask serious questions?

You know I might have been able to learn from you, even if I didn't agree with you. But instead you choose to sneer at me.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Cuz it has already been proven...do you want it again?
On this thread even!
The only thing that has been proven to me after watching the posts on this forum for the last year has been that my studying has paid off, and I will not be yielding to tradition ever again. The truth really WILL set you free.

I was given the Holy Spirit just as any man at seminary should have been given, and it will lead me into truth. I am at peace with my decision. The yoke is easy and His burden is light.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:

Sciotamicks, do you not understand how much paganism is entrenched into the system?

Last edited by herefornow; 07-03-2010 at 11:06 PM..

Old 07-05-2010, 10:42 AM

10,202 posts, read 10,586,064 times
What's worse than burning in a fiery inferno for all eternity? Burning alone!

While watching Discovery Channel's Universe Series I could see the hundreds of billions of stars out there in the universe and it suddenly dawned on me that there are more than enough stars for every unrepentant sinner who ever lived to be placed in the center of one of these stars all by himself to swim around in fiery torment forever. My nightmare just got worse!

Old 07-05-2010, 11:13 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,693,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
What's worse than burning in a fiery inferno for all eternity? Burning alone!

While watching Discovery Channel's Universe Series I could see the hundreds of billions of stars out there in the universe and it suddenly dawned on me that there are more than enough stars for every unrepentant sinner who ever lived to be placed in the center of one of these stars all by himself to swim around in fiery torment forever. My nightmare just got worse!

And what a wonderful thing it is that your imagination running wild has nothing to do with any of that being true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity