Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 07:03 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
In the presence of the lamb. A stream of fire comes forth from God's throne.
You mean this verse:

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

LOL - Sounds like serious torment to me....well deserved.

Quote:
Dang it, sciotamicks. If Jesus came up to you and said Sodom would still have been standing, WOULD HAVE (past tense) been standing, what would that have meant to you? This isn't rocket science.
Exactly what I said. Why is this so hard for you. Christ is hypothesizing for His listeners to understand how bad they are....good grief...it isn't rocket science....I would repent.

Quote:
So, you agree with the Babylonian Talmud: The men of Sodom have no portion in the future world, as it is written, But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the Lord exceedingly: wicked - in this world, and sinners - in respect of the world to come.
I agree that the men of Sodom have no portion in the Age to Come.
They are dead. Says nothing about Sodom, physically or spritually, but the men of Sodom.

Quote:
And you don't believe anything in the Old Testament about death being sleep. Or even Jesus' own words. Not many people in Christianity do believe the Bible. They believe in a paganized version of it, sadly.
I believe all of it. I will not experience death, because I have Christ in me. No more tears for me, no more crying, because Christ takes care of all that. No more pain, no sorrow...NO DEATH. I hve been resurrected in Christ....sown and raised to life.

Last edited by sciotamicks; 07-03-2010 at 07:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 07:10 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You mean this verse:

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

LOL - Sounds like serious torment to me....well deserved.

Exactly what I said. Why is this so hard for you. Christ is hypothesizing for His listeners to understand how bad they are....good grief...it isn;t rocket science....I would repent.

So, you agree with the Babylonian Talmud: The men of Sodom have no portion in the future world, as it is written, But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the Lord exceedingly: wicked - in this world, and sinners - in respect of the world to come.
I guess we are done here. You are not going to answer with anything other than what you have been taught and you will not think on your own.

The Jews believed Sodom was tinder for the mythological hells of their imagination, and they thought they would be sitting with Father Abraham while the heathens were tormented. You are looking at the New Testament through their eyes, as does much of tradition. Jesus used a very clever parable about Lazarus and The Rich Man for them. Tradition is just Phariseeism in new clothes, nothing more.

Last edited by herefornow; 07-03-2010 at 07:20 PM..

Old 07-03-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I guess we are done here. You are not going to answer with anything other than what you have been taught and you will not think on your own.

The Jews believed Sodom was tinder for the mythological hells of their imagination, and they thought they would be sitting with Father Abraham while the heathens were tormented. You are looking at the New Testament through their eyes, as does much of tradition. Jesus used a very clever parable about Lazarus and The Rich Man for them. Tradition is just Phariseeism in new clothes, nothing more.
Old testament concealed...New testament revealed. The story is the same, Jesus FULFILLED THE LAW AND PROPHETS.

Get used to it. Your view is full of zero exegesis and 100% jargon.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Old testament concealed...New testament revealed. The story is the same, Jesus FULFILLED THE LAW AND PROPHETS.

Get used to it. Your view is full of zero exegesis and 100% jargon.
You are very silly. Nice try, though. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

(You must have nothing to do today. I'm in the same boat.)

Old 07-03-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
You are very silly. Nice try, though. Whatever makes you sleep at night.
I have not come to destroy the law and the prophets, but to fulfil.

Quote:
(You must have nothing to do today. I'm in the same boat.)
I have done lots today, including debate with you and others.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:

Old 07-03-2010, 09:43 PM

697 posts, read 1,072,211 times
Quote:
I don't. The Lake of Fire is a spritual place, for souls that are damend.
Interesting. So what is spiritual fire?

Old 07-03-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
Interesting. So what is spiritual fire?
The Lake of Fire and Brimstone, where the devil and false prophet are, where those outside the city gates will have their part in.

Your pagan point?

Let me guess....it's a consuming fire!!!!!!!! LOL Not! Eisegesis...UR fails every time.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:

Somehow you saying "I have not..." as opposed to you saying "Jesus said He did not..." is very disturbing.

What were you thinking?

Old 07-03-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
The Lake of Fire and Brimstone, where the devil and false prophet are, where those outside the city gates are destined to.

Your pagan point?

I was looking for a more metaphorical definition. It was a serious question.

Are these your words that appear in the quote above? If so, what did you mean by "Your pagan point?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity