U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 08:53 AM

6,221 posts, read 6,402,926 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Giant Ant Colony

This is really wierd and really amazing.

What is guiding these Ants to do what they did? How can something the size of ant build something with design and structure and organization? Its amazing!

Proverbs 6:6 "Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 09:23 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,745,070 times
Wow!!! That is simply amazing and awe-inspiring!! I can't believe how big the colony actually is.....just fantastic......the ant is definitely God's handiwork. Now if we can just get them to stay in the colony and out of our picnic baskets.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:47 AM

7,374 posts, read 7,196,917 times
That really is amazing ...

Poor ants!

Revenge of the ants!

Old 05-15-2010, 10:50 AM

723 posts, read 858,164 times
Amazing ants huh?? All the proof I need that God exists is in the Holy Bible!! That was an awsome video!! They truly are amazing. I would like to give my own analogy on this!! Almost anyone religious would agree that there must be a God behind the intricacy of this well planned and designed colony, or at least leading the minds (if they have any) of these ants. But why is it so convincing??? Now, when I read the Holy Bible I feel just as convinced as the video made me feel. There must be a God behind the intricate design of this great book. It's all too perfect to be just coincidence!! Yes Ironmaw, poor ants!! But I say too, poor bible!! Because just as man has gone and screwed up God's beautifully designed ant colony, they have also screwed up God's beautifully designed book. And just like that colony, they have destroyed it!! They have desroyed it in the same way as the ant colony. Due to their ignorance toward God they change words and translations to try and better understand God!! Things are for the best when you don't try to understand something as unfathomable as God!! Stop leaning on man's beliefs about God and follow what GOD is saying!! The more man tries to change the word of God, the more tickling of the ear I see. Everytime it is changed, it looks better and better for the sinners. What about the true saints?? What do they get for their troubles?? I do not claim to know them or who they may be, but I know they exist because it is in the bible. Until they claim another mistranslation and then we can all live like sinners YAY!!!! I am sure that soon they will claim there are NO saints because that would make the sinners in a lower, or less of a class. And heaven forbid the sinners realize that they have no place in God's kingdom. So instead of truly repenting and turning from sin, they can continue in their sinful life with tickled ears!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 05-15-2010, 11:12 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,681,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
What about the true saints?? What do they get for their troubles??
Sounds like the prodigal son's brother.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:27 AM

290 posts, read 331,869 times
1) Amazing!
2) Still doesn't proooove God's existance.
3) Am I the only one who was angered by the men digging up the ant nest??

Old 05-16-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Amazing ants huh?? All the proof I need that God exists is in the Holy Bible!! That was an awsome video!! They truly are amazing. I would like to give my own analogy on this!! Almost anyone religious would agree that there must be a God behind the intricacy of this well planned and designed colony, or at least leading the minds (if they have any) of these ants. But why is it so convincing??? Now, when I read the Holy Bible I feel just as convinced as the video made me feel. There must be a God behind the intricate design of this great book. It's all too perfect to be just coincidence!! Yes Ironmaw, poor ants!! But I say too, poor bible!! Because just as man has gone and screwed up God's beautifully designed ant colony, they have also screwed up God's beautifully designed book. And just like that colony, they have destroyed it!! They have desroyed it in the same way as the ant colony. Due to their ignorance toward God they change words and translations to try and better understand God!! Things are for the best when you don't try to understand something as unfathomable as God!! Stop leaning on man's beliefs about God and follow what GOD is saying!! The more man tries to change the word of God, the more tickling of the ear I see. Everytime it is changed, it looks better and better for the sinners. What about the true saints?? What do they get for their troubles?? I do not claim to know them or who they may be, but I know they exist because it is in the bible. Until they claim another mistranslation and then we can all live like sinners YAY!!!! I am sure that soon they will claim there are NO saints because that would make the sinners in a lower, or less of a class. And heaven forbid the sinners realize that they have no place in God's kingdom. So instead of truly repenting and turning from sin, they can continue in their sinful life with tickled ears!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
A double minded man seeks reward for doing right, or conversely only does right for fear of punishment.

A wicked man desires to return evil unto evil towards his enemies.

A follower of Christ loves his enemies, and turns the other cheek, and will not return evil unto evil, but shows mercy even when it is not warranted ...

However, I must say i fail to see how any of this has to do with the OP ...

Old 05-16-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Sounds like the prodigal son's brother.

LOL ... Exactly ... Or the workers in the field who complain that those who came later received the same wages as themselves.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:47 PM

723 posts, read 858,164 times
Yes, LOL........ It is funny to think you are the equivelant to say, Elijah, Noah, or any of the true prophets. Real funny!!! May I ask what you guys do for a living?? I have been a plumber for twelve years with the knowledge of a journeyman. I can lay out plumbing for a whole building on my own. Do I believe someone who just walked in the door with no knowledge of plumbing should earn the same as me. No!! Because I am being paid for my knowledge and experience. If I were working in a certain factory where no experience is necessary then yes the same pay should apply for all. That is exactly like the UR's belief. Working in that factory, we should all get the same reward no matter our experience or knowledge. Well faith in God is not a routine like that specific paying job. As long as I go through the motions, I did my part!! God is more like my job as a plumber. The work not only has to be done, but done correctly. Plumbing if not done correctly can kill people. God's word if not taught and done correctly also can kill!!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

P.S. I did not quote, but I was reffering to Phazel, and Ironmaw. Sorry.

Last edited by ALMOST2L8; 05-16-2010 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: P.S.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Yes, LOL........ It is funny to think you are the equivelant to say, Elijah, Noah, or any of the true prophets. Real funny!!! May I ask what you guys do for a living?? I have been a plumber for twelve years with the knowledge of a journeyman. I can lay out plumbing for a whole building on my own. Do I believe someone who just walked in the door with no knowledge of plumbing should earn the same as me. No!! Because I am being paid for my knowledge and experience. If I were working in a certain factory where no experience is necessary then yes the same pay should apply for all. That is exactly like the UR's belief. Working in that factory, we should all get the same reward no matter our experience or knowledge. Well faith in God is not a routine like that specific paying job. As long as I go through the motions, I did my part!! God is more like my job as a plumber. The work not only has to be done, but done correctly. Plumbing if not done correctly can kill people. God's word if not taught and done correctly also can kill!!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Matthew 20:1-16
1For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.
2And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.
3And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,
4And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.
5Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.
6And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?
7They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.
8So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.
9And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.
10But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.
11And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,
12Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.
13But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?
14Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.
15Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
16So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

It seems to me you are still thinking with your carnal mind, and not understanding with your spirit ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or