U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 05:30 PM

7,945 posts, read 8,525,348 times

Advertisements

Is it because,Moderator cut: insult/baiting

1.That's what the preacher tells you?

2.That's what your mama told you?

3.Yer scared of death so you "believe"?

4.Fire insurance?

5.The idea gives you warm fuzzies?

6. You're mentally ill?

Or.......................like me:

You've experience His power and presence in your life. Plus it seems illogical that the universe came to pass all on its own without a creator.

For me God is not an idea but a reality. God *speaks*. God leads and guides. God makes things happen. God gives peace when I should be in turmoil. I've been healed and once had a dream that came to pass in real life 8 hours later. The subject of the dream was about being delivered from "the job from h*ll".

So what about you?

I hope that reasons 1-6 are not why in your case.

Fact is, once you've experienced the reality and power of God, no amount of *logical* arguments can sway the believer. [mod]baiting/[mod]

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-16-2010 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: baiting, insulting other members of this forum are against the tos..Please stop it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 07:05 PM

21,296 posts, read 20,952,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
You've experience His power and presence in your life. Plus it seems illogical that the universe came to pass all on its own without a creator.
For me, that's pretty much it. Yes, I was taught to believe in God as a child. So was my sister. And yet, at about eighteen years of age, she stopped believing. She was an agnostic leading strongly towards atheism until a couple of years ago. It wasn't until shortly before she turned 55 that she had a couple of experiences that changed her mind and convinced her to believe again. I mention this because I really don't think I believe in God because I was taught to. I believe in Him because I just feel so strongly that He's there. I have wondered at times... Suppose I'm wrong? But my mind won't even go there. I can't make it. And like you say, to me it is completely illogical to assume that the universe and all of the many varieties of life came into existance without a creator. I just can't accept that as a viable alternative to God.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:28 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,691,772 times
Because I know Him.

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me” John 10:14
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me" John 10:27

Old 05-17-2010, 02:30 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,405,317 times
I like God..

Old 05-17-2010, 10:03 AM

37,615 posts, read 25,318,615 times
Because encountering His beautiful loving and accepting nature was so overwhelmingly joyous and comforting . . . it is impossible to deny.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:34 PM

7,880 posts, read 6,694,019 times
Because the world lied to me all my life, I knew about Jesus but I would never believe that he was relevent or alive on the earth..... So now I know HIM personally and recanting him now is impossible ...... Like Apostle Paul which was also lied to all his life and he came to know the truth and will endure to the end of his days believing in the truth of Jesus Christ and being with him personally forever and a day.....

Old 05-17-2010, 06:52 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,352,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Is it because,Moderator cut: insult/baiting

1.That's what the preacher tells you?

2.That's what your mama told you?

3.Yer scared of death so you "believe"?

4.Fire insurance?

5.The idea gives you warm fuzzies?

6. You're mentally ill?

Or.......................like me:

For me God is not an idea but a reality. God *speaks*. God leads and guides. God makes things happen. God gives peace when I should be in turmoil. I've been healed and once had a dream that came to pass in real life 8 hours later. The subject of the dream was about being delivered from "the job from h*ll".

So what about you?

I hope that reasons 1-6 are not why in your case.

Fact is, once you've experienced the reality and power of God, no amount of *logical* arguments can sway the believer. [mod]baiting/[mod]
I believe that God, not just any God but the true and living God (Yahweh) because He began to call and seek me out to know Him. He created me for Him. I know that God exist because He has done things in my life that I couldn't deny Him if I wanted to. If I ever turned away from Him, it would take more faith to deny Him than to believe that He exist.

When God begins to call you, seek you, speak to you, love you, wake you up in the midnight hour, show you dreams and visions that come to pass, you can't help but believe in Him.

A person can only believe those things came from something evil, but in order for evil to exist, there has to be something good. I know God was seeking me, because the experience was undescribable. When God began drawing me to Himself, it was the most amazing feeling in the world. It was like nothing else mattered. A new relationship began to form.

Even to this day, I am still working on the relationship that matters most. But I believe that there is a God, because He began to whispers the words to me, " I am your Father, and you are my daughter". That's all it took for me. I finally found out what it meant to have the best Father in the world that loved me. There is so much more, but we would be here for days in why I believe, even though there are people in the world that are blind to the very one that created and gave them life. I was once blind, but the giver opened my eyes to Him and the mysteries that come from Him.

I have such a love for God that it doesn't matter what people say, it doesn't matter if people mock, laugh, curse me, that wouldn't change my love for God.

There were times that I got mad at God and almost turned away from Him, but LOL, I still knew that He existed. You can't be made at someone that isn't real. It's like being mad at your mom or dad, you say you are going to leave, but come to your senses.

Someone could pull out my hair, spit in my face and I would still love Jesus because He is the reason that I am here. I am not a super Christian, but I wouldn't even want to keep my life, if I had to turn away from God. Even unto death, He is the one that I love and He is in my heart. I am not saying that I am the person that is a super Christian with big words and say, even death doesn't scare me if a gun was in my face when it came down to my faith in Jesus. But I am saying, I would probably stutter at first, would probably even be a little shaken at first, but in the end, I know that I couldn't deny God. I would rather die with my love in Jesus, then lie and deny Him and then go to Hell. Anyway, that's my story for now.

When you LOVE someone who LOVES you nothing else matters but that LOVE. I'm sure you understand this. Have a nice day.

P.S. It wasn't the preacher, t.v., didn't grow up in a religious home, didn't watch streaming faith, didn't read the bible because I couldn't understand anything in it, wasn't people pushing God down my throat, it was God that began to call me and my encounters with Him that caused me to pay attention to Him and seek to understand who this was that was seeking me and drawing me. I laughed at people that would try to tell me about God and would leave the room, but when God began to come to me Himself, my world was turned upside down and I had to pay attention. Because God was seeking me in such a way, that I could have ignored Him, but He was going to seek me and get my attention one way or the other. When a parents wants to get through to you, they will do what ever it takes, and that is what God was doing. Doing what ever He had to do, to get through to me, and even till this day, I am so happy that He did. I have seen things that people wouldn't even believe and would probably say that I am lying because, God went through extremes lengths to get my attention. So, now, I am simply enjoying my Father, even though we sometimes get upset with our parents sometimes. They know best, but we can be stubborn sometimes.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 05-17-2010 at 07:10 PM..

Old 05-17-2010, 08:51 PM

13,468 posts, read 21,238,019 times
Many off topic posts have been deleted..Please stay on topic.. ( which is a really good one and some great posts here)

Old 05-17-2010, 11:03 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,295,475 times
Because I feel His love.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:07 PM

5,743 posts, read 4,595,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Because I feel His love.
Beautiful answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity