U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:30 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,241,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Happy to be here, Verna!
You seem to me to be a very sensitive person, and with all the problems in the world, we need that sensitivity. Jesus was and is always sensitive to those who hurt. No questions asked.
Unfortunately, some of the most cruel people around today are Christians. (I'm not saying there are any here at this site, only that there are many out there, and sometimes we have to beware.)

I think that what we base our hopes in is very important. Whether we hope in a loving God, or in a punishing, vindictive God.
My hope today is in a very Loving God, who said to me, "condemn not, and you will not be condemned. Be merciful, and you shall receive mercy. Resist not evil."

All the rest is just details..!

May His Love keep you on your journey always,
Brian
Thank you...I receive that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 09:43 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,048,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Good morning Brian......and welcome to the forum.

How refreshing it is to wake up to the wonderful aroma of coffee brewing...cardinals singing...sun shining brightly on deep, green, happy to have just recently been rained upon trees and grass...grateful...thankful...healthy, full of the love and joy of the Lord...and reading this post...first thing......thank you.

I know...God knows my heart Brian...He's the only One who truly does, and He is the only One Who truly matters......but......I try to see the world through His eyes...I try to understand with a heart that breaks for what breaks His, why people feel the way they do...at the end of the day, I realize I may not have changed too much of what may be going on wrong out there...but my hope is that maybe I made some kind of difference in someone's life...there is hope in love.

God Bless you my friend...and thank you for your response...it made my day.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
Awwww, a big "Amen".... I can see how the morning is the most beautiful time of our day..... for it begins with God in prayer and devotion, for His mercies are made anew for each one of us every morning, Praise the Lord

Reading through this thread just don't understand why some so argue about what your OP is about. When we love isn't that our desire to honor, respect, cherish, that one we love.....???
And want so to please and do all we can to be all for God and His will for our lives..... it's not because we have too, but because we want too, a desire that He has placed in our hearts.....

My goodness look what He has done for our lives, His grace and love, a hope He has sent through His Son, Jesus Christ that brought and brings change for the good in our life.
No more being a slave to that which kept us in bondage of the darkness, the poverty of our souls, empty, voided of a hope, being our own god, relying on alcohol, drugs, money, pride self-sufficiency, worldly goals to fill our hearts with a temporary satisfaction, sensations, peace, that is not lasting but always having to be fed.... over and over again !!

One who has tasted the Lord and His mercy knows that God's love is so wonderful !! I so hunger to know Him deeper and would rather have the Holy Spirit create and place into my heart the desire and strength of listening and obeying God and all that He commands of us for the exchange of those things (sin) that brought unbelief, harm and destruction in my life.

Wow, just thinking about it, my personal relationship with the God of all creation, what a privilege we have been given. And to argue over something so silly..... when one would think YES Lord fill my heart to love, honor, obey Your commandments for all that He has given and done for us..... I so believe in my heart that the commands of God are not burdensome, but a delight when the heart has tasted and knows the love of the Lord....

Blessings....

Old 05-18-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Awwww, a big "Amen".... I can see how the morning is the most beautiful time of our day..... for it begins with God in prayer and devotion, for His mercies are made anew for each one of us every morning, Praise the Lord

Reading through this thread just don't understand why some so argue about what your OP is about. When we love isn't that our desire to honor, respect, cherish, that one we love.....???
And want so to please and do all we can to be all for God and His will for our lives..... it's not because we have too, but because we want too, a desire that He has placed in our hearts.....

My goodness look what He has done for our lives, His grace and love, a hope He has sent through His Son, Jesus Christ that brought and brings change for the good in our life.
No more being a slave to that which kept us in bondage of the darkness, the poverty of our souls, empty, voided of a hope, being our own god, relying on alcohol, drugs, money, pride self-sufficiency, worldly goals to fill our hearts with a temporary satisfaction, sensations, peace, that is not lasting but always having to be fed.... over and over again !!

One who has tasted the Lord and His mercy knows that God's love is so wonderful !! I so hunger to know Him deeper and would rather have the Holy Spirit create and place into my heart the desire and strength of listening and obeying God and all that He commands of us for the exchange of those things (sin) that brought unbelief, harm and destruction in my life.

Wow, just thinking about it, my personal relationship with the God of all creation, what a privilege we have been given. And to argue over something so silly..... when one would think YES Lord fill my heart to love, honor, obey Your commandments for all that He has given and done for us..... I so believe in my heart that the commands of God are not burdensome, but a delight when the heart has tasted and knows the love of the Lord....

Blessings....
Terri........................Terri........ ................Terri...............

...today God has so thoughtfully opened up His arms even wider than ever...saying to me with such a compassionate look upon His beautiful face...(head tilted gently to one side)...saying..."Come here Verna...let me just hold on to you for a while, and tell you how much I love you."...and He has rewarded me through those He has brought to me today to lift me up and encourage me in my quest to fight through the darkness.

I do love my Father in heaven...more than my life...and I would die for Him today............no questions asked....no hesitation...and I do keep His commandments out of nothing but pure love for Him...and it is such a joy.

My hope and prayer...my driving Force is His love within me that wants everyone to KNOW THIS KIND OF LOVE...<3

Such a thoughtful, beautiful post Terri...thank you.

In Christ's eternal love...In His truth,
Verna.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:41 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,048,520 times
Quote:

...today God has so thoughtfully opened up His arms even wider than ever...saying to me with such a compassionate look upon His beautiful face...(head tilted gently to one side)...saying..."Come here Verna...let me just hold on to you for a while, and tell you how much I love you."...and He has rewarded me through those He has brought to me today to lift me up and encourage me in my quest to fight through the darkness.

I do love my Father in heaven...more than my life...and I would die for Him today............no questions asked....no hesitation...and I do keep His commandments out of nothing but pure love for Him...and it is such a joy.

My hope and prayer...my driving Force is His love within me that wants everyone to KNOW THIS KIND OF LOVE...<3

Verna.
Amen.... Verna ! Your love for God pours out in all your post and in return He blesses us with them !!!
Blessings, sweet child of the Living God !!!
I am always reminded that He will never, ever, leave nor forsake His own, for those who diligently seek to honor and obey Him and they will grow deeper, richer in the abundance of His beautiful presence and LOVE, leading us home !!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Amen.... Verna ! Your love for God pours out in all your post and in return He blesses us with them !!!
I am always reminded that He will never, ever, leave nor forsake His own, for those who diligently seek to honor and obey Him and they will grow deeper, richer in the abundance of His beautiful presence and LOVE, leading us home !!
All glory, praise, and honor be to God! Amen.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:00 PM

723 posts, read 859,241 times
Quote:

Blessings....
Quote:

Verna.
Quote:

AMEN LADIES!!! God has definately shown others through your most excellently beautiful posts how we truly should be acting towards each other. TRUE LOVE!!! That is the key to the kingdom of God. You have both blessed me with your hearts!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 05-18-2010, 02:02 PM

723 posts, read 859,241 times
Quote:
All glory, praise, and honor be to God! Amen.
AMEN VERNA!!

Old 05-18-2010, 03:37 PM

37,583 posts, read 25,282,626 times
Following "commandments" as commands (instead of instructions with a purpose for our benefit) . . . whether because of love of God or fear of God is NOT the purpose of the "commandments." God has no need of anything FROM us . . . it is ALL for OUR benefit. Much as I'm sure your sentiment is appreciated by God, Verna . . . there is nothing WE can do to add to or increase the "glory, praise, and honor " of God.

I have no doubt about Verna's love of God . . . but that only covers one half of Jesus' two "commandments"(instructions). My concern is that the second half is corrupted by this wrong orientation (purpose) toward obedience instead of love of each other.

In Christ's love,
Mystic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity