U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:42 AM

15,075 posts, read 7,574,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyr View Post
possibly, but if homosexuality is a sin because it is unhealthy, then can it be assumed that eating an entire case of Krispee Kreme donuts can send you to Hell? If so, then there's gonna be alot of issues considering Krispee Kreme's base of popularity lies within America's so-called "Bible Belt"
Well, it depends on what you're talking about when you talk about "hell". Biblically speaking, the words most often translated as hell are sheol (hebrew) and hades (greek). Both of those are simply speaking of the grave. So, can KK donuts be responsible for sending someone to the grave if they are part of an overall lifestyle of gluttony and inactivity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 09:44 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,232,887 times
At the most, all it says is anal intercourse between men with multiple partners is a sin. Anything else is a stretch. Note that in the orgional Hebrew, it is plural - lyings down, not lying down. It says nothing of oral sex between men nor does it prohibit lesbian sex.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:49 AM

357 posts, read 1,216,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Dancing? Sex is reserved for man/woman couples in holy matrimony. That's how God wants it. The Bible doesn't talk about dancing like it talks about sexual immorality, and it talks about sexual immorality A LOT. It is not about hurting anyone, it is about sinning with your body, which is sinful, and incompatible with God. Remember that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and when you sin with your body you bring sin to the temple of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit cannot reside in such body which engages in sin habitually.
Do you personally believe that eating too many fatty cheesburgers and candy is also a sin against the body?

Personally, i think that eating junk food is more of a desecration of the body than any type of sex. When eating junk food, you can't put the equivalent of a condom down your throat to stop all the fat and preservatives from going into your system.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:01 AM

58,585 posts, read 31,984,992 times
Quote:
Do you personally believe that eating too many fatty cheesburgers and candy is also a sin against the body?
The Bible says you should honor God with your body, so whatever you do, you should keep that in mind. However, sexual immorality is specifically singled out in dozens of Bible verses so there is no mistaking about severity of that particular sin.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Bible says you should honor God with your body, so whatever you do, you should keep that in mind. However, sexual immorality is specifically singled out in dozens of Bible verses so there is no mistaking about severity of that particular sin.
Do you believe there is any discernable reason that God has singled out sexual sins as being more severe than other infractions against the body?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 757 times
it goes aginst his creative order =adam+even. It is a plan before the foundation of the world that Jesus would come get a bride (references are female for church). It is natural for reproduction as was Gods will - no 2 women or 2 men can reproduce = imposible. Replentish the earth was a command

Old 05-18-2010, 10:26 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,692,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This answer proves why discussions like this are fruitless.

The practice by women and men is called "error" in Romans 1:26-27.
It actually is a reflection upon you to willfully engage in something you declare fruitless.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim greene View Post
it goes aginst his creative order =adam+even. It is a plan before the foundation of the world that Jesus would come get a bride (references are female for church). It is natural for reproduction as was Gods will - no 2 women or 2 men can reproduce = imposible. Replentish the earth was a command
But what about priests who don't marry or couples who are afraid to have children or can't afford children...are they breaking Gods command to replentish the Earth?

If our lives and actions are meant to mirror God's act of creation in Genesis and the order and manner that he created things, then would i be going against his order if i was drawing a wildlife mural and i drew the creatures that walk on land before i drew the creatures that swam in the sea?

Did you read my original post....i knew people would say that homosexual activity is wrong because it is against God's intention and against what is natural....but then i gave the example of me using my feet and toes in an unnatural manner, a manner in which God probably didn't intend our feet or being used.....would scratching my back with my toes be considered a sin then?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:38 AM

26,297 posts, read 14,165,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
It actually is a reflection upon you to willfully engage in something you declare fruitless.
I have posted 5 lines of text - well now 6 or 7. That's not much of a time investment to make my point - which is trust God and don't worry about the whys.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:43 AM

58,585 posts, read 31,984,992 times
Quote:
Do you believe there is any discernable reason that God has singled out sexual sins as being more severe than other infractions against the body?
I believe there is a reason why sexual immorality is stressed in dozens of places while eating hangurgers get much less attention. Don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity