Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 01:21 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Well, I cannot speak for Verna on this subject fully, but our beliefs are similar.

I believe that the wicked are punished eternally, but not that the wicked endure eternal punishment. The wicked suffer eternal punishment, eternal judgement, and eternal destruction, the same way the elect experience eternal redamption. The elect do not undergo an eternal process of redemption. Their redemption is eternal in the sense that, once the elect are redeemed, it is forever!! So too, the wicked do not undergo a process of eternal punishment or destruction. But once they are punished and destroyed, it is forever. Hell is eternal in consequence, not duration. The wicked are destroyed forever, but they are not forever being destroyed!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

I actually agree with you in part, Saul of taursus is one of the wicked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 01:24 PM

723 posts, read 1,046,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I actually agree with you in part, Saul of taursus is one of the wicked.
LOL It's a start!!

GOD BLESS!!!

Old 05-20-2010, 01:33 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Well, I cannot speak for Verna on this subject fully, but our beliefs are similar.

I believe that the wicked are punished eternally, but not that the wicked endure eternal punishment. The wicked suffer eternal punishment, eternal judgement, and eternal destruction, the same way the elect experience eternal redamption. The elect do not undergo an eternal process of redemption. Their redemption is eternal in the sense that, once the elect are redeemed, it is forever!! So too, the wicked do not undergo a process of eternal punishment or destruction. But once they are punished and destroyed, it is forever. Hell is eternal in consequence, not duration. The wicked are destroyed forever, but they are not forever being destroyed!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Yes Dale...I call it d-e-a-d...dead...as in no more...done.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Yes Dale...I call it d-e-a-d...dead...as in no more...done.
Then I suppose I can speak for Verna!!!! LOL

LOVE YOU!!
DALE

Old 05-20-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
LOL It's a start!!

GOD BLESS!!!

There can actually be a lot of torment and gnashing of teeth when our Saul is removed from us because we resist and reject it, but it does not last forever and Saul is dead and no more.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:34 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
I am happy to hear that you did not "intend" to insult me, but when you put my beliefs (following the ten commandments with all my heart, mind, and soul) in comprison with a man who preached killing and suicide. I am in turn insulted!! You do not remember doing that??

DALE
No I didn't compare YOU to anyone. I compared Koresh's idea that his followers "not use their own understanding because it is not understandable" preaching to your statement that we cannot understand God's character. Anytime a preacher/teacher tells you not to investigate because you CAN'T understand it anyway... seems like what happened in WACO.

However, that is just my opinion of your POST/statement not you personally.

I cannot help that you feel insulted but again that was not the intention of the post. I believe that since we are each accountable for our own actions that we should do our best to be educated by researching on our own, otherwise we resemble blind followers and cannot bring the good news to others....

Old 05-20-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
There can actually be a lot of torment and gnashing of teeth when our Saul is removed from us because we resist and reject it, but it does not last forever and Saul is dead and no more.
Sorry Phazel,
I do not understand your implication. Could you elaborate please!!
You mean he is dead no more as in we will turn back to sin???

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 05-20-2010, 02:36 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Great observation - we too shall receive a new name.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Sorry Phazel,
I do not understand your implication. Could you elaborate please!!
You mean he is dead no more as in we will turn back to sin???

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Do you agree that "Saul" will never enter the kingdom?

If so, then you have to realize that Paul will.

We are all Sauls at some point. The context that will be disagreed upon is that we must all become Pauls in this life. I am fine with that disagreement amongst us, I simply rely on the fact that there is always hope because it is eternal bacause Love defines hope and GOD IS LOVE.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:06 PM

10 posts, read 14,095 times
Default No Hell

Even more to the point is that Jesus did not believe God would ever inflict any sort of pain on anyone for any length of time, much less that of fire for eternity.

I've actually written an entire book on this topic--Hell? No! Why You Can Be Certain There's No Such Place As Hell, (for anyone interested, you can get a free ecopy of Did Jesus Believe in Hell?, one of the most compelling chapters in my book at www.thereisnohell.com), but if I may, let me share just one of the many points I make in it to explain why.

If one is willing to look, there's substantial evidence contained in the gospels to show that Jesus opposed the idea of Hell. For example, in Luke 9:51-56, is a story about his great disappointment with his disciples when they actually suggested imploring God to rain FIRE on a village just because they had rejected him. His response: "You don't know what spirit is inspiring this kind of talk!" Presumably, it was NOT the Holy Spirit. He went on, trying to explain how he had come to save, heal and relieve suffering, not be the CAUSE of it.

So it only stands to reason that this same Jesus, who was appalled at the very idea of burning a few people, for a few horrific minutes until they were dead, could never, ever burn BILLIONS of people for an ETERNITY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity