U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 08:23 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,566,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Hopefully to turn from their sinning instead of the belief that no matter how much we defile the name of God we will still get the joys of eternal life with the Father.
Holiness is the Christian life - the only difference for the universalist is the culmination of God's plan.

We are Christians who love the Lord, and long to please Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 08:31 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,688,799 times
Quote:
I understand very well actually!! But thanks for the concern Phazel!!

I don't want a universalist to interperate a book for me to understand but for the poor souls that may be led astray to see what a false doctrine it is that they follow. Hopefully to turn from their sinning instead of the belief that no matter how much we defile the name of God we will still get the joys of eternal life with the Father. If I am wrong, then I will tell Hitler hello for ya when I see him K!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

No problem, perfect love casts out all fear, rather than instilling it. Most likely, the hitler you refer to will have a different name, if that is how things work. You won't be saying Hi to Saul of Taursus.

The character of God will not have a person bow to his glory without a positive effect occuring to the one who bows.

If you bring up the demons, remember that the demon showed reverence to Jesus and Jesus honored the demons request at ther time. That was a positive effect. But whether demons are "saved" is another issue, the account shows a positive effect and we can apply that scriptural precident.

Since we know in scripture all will bow, then whether you like it or not, Gods Love prevails, not the contempt towards hitler you have.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:36 AM

723 posts, read 859,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Holiness is the Christian life - the only difference for the universalist is the culmination of God's plan.

We are Christians who love the Lord, and long to please Him.
Well the bible says to keep the commandments of God, and that is the proof that you love HIM. If you do not keep God's commandments then it does not please him!!

GOD BLESS ELMER!!!
DALE

Old 05-20-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
No problem, perfect love casts out all fear, rather than instilling it. Most likely, the hitler you refer to will have a different name, if that is how things work. You won't be saying Hi to Saul of Taursus.

The character of God will not have a person bow to his glory without a positive effect occuring to the one who bows.

If you bring up the demons, remember that the demon showed reverence to Jesus and Jesus honored the demons request at ther time. That was a positive effect. But whether demons are "saved" is another issue, the account shows a positive effect and we can apply that scriptural precident.

Since we know in scripture all will bow, then whether you like it or not, Gods Love prevails, not the contempt towards hitler you have.
Why would I have contempt toward Hitler?? I only said I would say hi to him. I could care less what God does with him. But according to your beliefs, I will be able to say hello to Dahmer, or Hitler whatever his name will be. Where is the interperatation I wanted to see?? Look, I think you and most universalists are very intellectual, and very kind individuals, but I believe that you guys are just steered very wrong. I know you want whats best for your loved ones as well as yourselves. I do too. But I myself am not willing to risk my own salvation by telling people it is ok to sin against God. No, I know you guys don't say it literally, but it is implied everytime you say that nobody can turn away from sin. Which means that everyone sins now and will always continue to sin. Hence, you say it is ok to sin. I say do your best to keep God's commands and the Holy Spirit will guide you so that they WILL be kept!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 05-20-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
But according to your beliefs, I will be able to say hello to Dahmer, or Hitler whatever his name will be.
You misrepresent what I believe and my last post pointed out the manner in which I would view hitler. Since you claim to have great understanding, do I conclude that your doing this on purpose?

They will be judged for their lives as will you. My beliefs do not excuse actions, we all pay for our actions, positively and negatively but the character of God does not allow one person to remain lost endlessly.

The study Verna is doing does not explain everlasting punishment, it explains that we reap what we sow. All of us. The character of God has more power than to leave a portion of humanity in endless suffering which would mean, a portion of humanity would be in a state where Gods love could never have any effect on them which simply is untrue.

Quote:
Where is the interperatation I wanted to see??
My last post to you pointed out the basic point, you of great understanding knows what it means.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You misrepresent what I believe and my last post pointed out the manner in which I would view hitler. Since you claim to have great understanding, do I conclude that your doing this on purpose?

They will be judged for their lives as will you. My beliefs do not excuse actions, we all pay for our actions, positively and negatively but the character of God does not allow one person to remain lost endlessly.

The study Verna is doing does not explain everlasting punishment, it explains that we reap what we sow. All of us. The character of God has more power than to leave a portion of humanity in endless suffering which would mean, a portion of humanity would be in a state where Gods love could never have any effect on them which simply is untrue.

My last post to you pointed out the basic point, you of great understanding knows what it means.

Me of great understanding!! LOL I am flattered!!

You constantly refer to what the character of God is. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you do NOT understand the character of God!! No one does!! If we could truly understand the character of God then we would be able to implement that into our lives, and would truly be HOLY and without sin like our savior!!! No human (man or woman) can fathom the GREAT character of God!! I respect you alot Phazel, but you are definately full of yourself if you believe you truly know the character of God!!

I thought love did not boast??

GOD BLESS YOU PHAZEL!!
I AM PRAYING!!
DALE

Old 05-20-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:

You constantly refer to what the character of God is. I hate to be the one to tell you this,but you do NOT understand the character of God!! No one does!! If we could truly understand the character of God then we would be able to implement that into our lives, and would truly be HOLY!!! No human (man or woman) can fathom the GREAT character of God!! I respect you alot Phazel, but you are definately full of yourself if you believe you truly know the character of God!!

GOD BLESS YOU PHAZEL!!
I AM PRAYING!!
DALE

If you cannot fathom the character of God then you cannot assert that it is great.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:20 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,566,517 times
Quote:
Well the bible says to keep the commandments of God, and that is the proof that you love HIM. If you do not keep God's commandments then it does not please him!!

GOD BLESS ELMER!!!
DALE
What is lost on all but a few is that the best we have is as filthy rags - only His life in you is pleasing to the Father.

The answer? Take up your cross, and bear in your body the death of the Lord Jesus (2 Cor 4:10) - there is no resurrection without first a death. (I Cor 15:36)

There remains therefore a rest for the people of God...

Old 05-20-2010, 09:29 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,398,344 times
Quote:

You constantly refer to what the character of God is. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you do NOT understand the character of God!! No one does!! If we could truly understand the character of God then we would be able to implement that into our lives, and would truly be HOLY and without sin like our savior!!! No human (man or woman) can fathom the GREAT character of God!! I respect you alot Phazel, but you are definately full of yourself if you believe you truly know the character of God!!

GOD BLESS YOU PHAZEL!!
I AM PRAYING!!
DALE
I fathom the character of Jesus, don't you? He was the spitting image of the God you serve yet you say it can't be understood? Interesting. I would think that if you can't understand something then how can you determine if it is true or not?

I find it suspect when any religion says one must believe in what one can never understand... sounds like Koresh.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
What is lost on all but a few is that the best we have is as filthy rags - only His life in you is pleasing to the Father.

The answer? Take up your cross, and bear in your body the death of the Lord Jesus (2 Cor 4:10) - there is no resurrection without first a death. (I Cor 15:36)

There remains therefore a rest for the people of God...
"His life in you"

That tells me that the Holy Spirit is within us directing our steps to walk as our Lord and savior Jesus Christ walked. Sinless!! Which means we should all turn from our sins, because we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. But if you repent and turn away from sin you will truly be walking with Christ!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or