U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 06:51 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,568,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
On the Christianity forum? No
On the CARM forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 07:08 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,686,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
CW2L, I am insulted and appalled at you for saying that. We believe that Christ is the Messiah, that He is the Son of God, that He died on the cross for the sins of mankind, that He arose, and gives eternal life. You don't believe in OSAS. Maybe you don't think it's Christian either. I don't know. But if you do believe it's Christian, why, since you could be talking to a lost sinner (in your opinion) who thinks they are eternally secure since they were at one time "saved." You should apologize. Some people here believe in annihilation. Are they Christian in your opinion, or do you think you have to believe that God will set people on fire who didn't make a wise choice in order to be a Christian?
Apologize for what? Stating the UR is not Christian? It is heresy! It is completely not Biblical. I'm sorry you are offended by what I said, but I stand by that statement. At this moment, I don't believe in OSAS, but I'm still researching (again) because I see both sides of the argument. I do not believe that a true Christian will follow something that is so obviously not Biblical once they are shown WHY UR is not Biblical. The Bible is not mistranslated or written by ignorant savages.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
On the CARM forum
Since when are we talking about CARM?

Edit: Oh I see you added (CARM) in #15 after I responded to what you wrote

Last edited by CantWait2Leave; 05-20-2010 at 07:21 PM..

Old 05-20-2010, 07:09 PM

3,576 posts, read 454,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is indeed, the forum has been overran by them, but the rise of false religion, or 'one world religion' which is exactly what UR is, was just a matter it time. I suggested months ago that a new sub-section should be created for UR, because it does not belong under the category of "Christianity".
This forum is for anyone to discuss Christianity to discuss what you want to discuss -- if you have a subject to discuss make a thread -- why continue to discuss what you do not want to discuss? Months ago you said "I am not going to discuss UR anymore "

1-Basic Christianity Sub-Forum Guidelines:
This sub-forum should simply contain topics that would be less interesting to people of other faiths who are not solely interested in the Christian perspective of a particular topic. Everybody is welcome to post in it, however debating the merits of Christianity should primarily be reserved for the main forum. That being said, some challenges to the Christian faith may be allowed as long as it's done in accordance with the ToS and doesn't hijack or take the thread off-topic. The CD forums are places to share ideas and differing points of views and every forum and sub-forum needs to be a place welcoming that.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is indeed, the forum has been overran by them, but the rise of false religion, or 'one world religion' which is exactly what UR is, was just a matter it time. I suggested months ago that a new sub-section should be created for UR, because it does not belong under the category of "Christianity".
I completely agree

Old 05-20-2010, 07:19 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,434,483 times
Father, forgive them for they know not what they do or say.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:24 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,568,240 times
Quote:
Since when are we talking about CARM?

Edit: Oh I see you added (CARM) in #15 after I responded to what you wrote
Yes- sorry - I mistakenly thought this was referring to the CARM thread. If a site bans all discussion deemed to be heretical then I understand that. It's when they specifically pick out UR and let everything else go (like CARM does) that I find really strange.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:33 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,406,571 times
Quote:
You think that's why it's banned? It's banned because it's heresy!
I suppose its banned because people think its heresy, but there are some forums (like CARM) that allow all sorts of heresy to be discussed, except for UR. The idea of UR cannot be defeated IMHO if studied objectively and compared with properly translated scripture. I believe it is banned simply because UR asks the tough questions and exposes the contradictions in Christianity.

People want to believe in eternal torment even though it can be shown to be not in scripture. People want to believe in free will even though it can be shown to be not in scripture. People just want to hang onto these two ideas for some reason, even though they are contrary to what scripture says. I believe it is simply due to pride.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:35 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,406,571 times
Quote:
UR is not Christian
Of course it is! Eternal torment is not Christian.

Eternal torment is the exact opposite of love. This is why I believe God allows the idea of eternal torment to exist, so we can fully understand what love is by first seeing what the exact opposite of love is.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:40 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,721,380 times
Quote:
Apologize for what? Stating the UR is not Christian? It is heresy! It is completely not Biblical. I'm sorry you are offended by what I said, but I stand by that statement. At this moment, I don't believe in OSAS, but I'm still researching (again) because I see both sides of the argument. I do not believe that a true Christian will follow something that is so obviously not Biblical once they are shown WHY UR is not Biblical. The Bible is not mistranslated or written by ignorant savages.
Will you answer my last question? Do you think someone has to believe God will set people on fire to be a Christian?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity