U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:26 AM

1,647 posts, read 1,710,548 times

Advertisements

This are links worth to read concerning universalism:

A.E. Knoch in defense on universalism

A Reply to "Universalism Refuted" - Part One

Universalism, the false kind:

Universalism - The False Kind

and the biblical:

The Restitution of All Things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 01:50 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,650,248 times
Just IMO, an observation: this forum is evolving into a "UR" forum, away from traditional Christianity...

Old 05-19-2010, 03:01 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,564,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Just IMO, an observation: this forum is evolving into a "UR" forum, away from traditional Christianity...
...which gives Satan more glory than the Savior.

Seriously, if you'll look at the message of the restitution of all things, you'll see the ultimate victory of Christ over the power of darkness. This message would not be championed by the enemy, for it magnifies the Lord.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:21 PM

3,581 posts, read 457,400 times
Quote:
So Bud, what do you want to talk about? -- if you start a thread I will come and 'talk' with you

Old 05-20-2010, 06:59 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,048,520 times
Quote:
Universalism defended and correspondences on the subject

Sven, I did peek at your links and also want to say to you, you are kind spirit and my belief is not that of yours..... so please do not take what I am about to say is directed at you personally....

I believe that the Christian does not need to defend God's word and what they believe for the Heavenly Father is their defense.......

Heresies will always keep trying and feel they have to defend their position, it has too because of its error's and falsehood.

Those who walk in the truth of God's word never have to defend it for the word of God is truth and it stands on its own....

Psalm 5:11
But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You.

Psalm 62:2
He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.

Psalm 7:10
My defense is of God, Who saves the upright in heart.

Psalm 59:9
I will wait for You, O You his Strength; for God is my defense.

Psalm 59:17
To You, O my Strength, I will sing praises; for God is my defense, My God of mercy.

Quote:
Your observation is correct....

The Spirit of God and His truth has been quenched and withdrawn from this place !!
The voice that speaks here now is that of a stranger..... the voice of this stranger is of destruction, provoking and bringing immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying. Not regarding one another as more important than themselves.

Definitely not the voice of the Spirit of ...... hope, love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, that of our Shepherd who brings healing, and sets the captive free.

His hope, love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control does not disappoint or discourage, but brings the love of God through faith who wants to pour out into our hearts the Holy Spirit whom He has given to us to recognize and hear His voice to walk in a heart totally trusting Him !!!
His hope through Jesus Christ produces His love and mercy that will definitely not harm his neighbor, no matter what !!

The Lord tells us that His sheep hear and know His voice and follow it,

"I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me." (John 10:14) and again.... "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand." (John 10:27-28) Hallelujah !!

The voice speaking here now is not the voice of their Shepherd and that is evident all through this place... and those who walk in His Spirit will discern this, like yourself !! "A stranger they simply will not follow, but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers."

The sheep hear his voice and He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. The Shepherd has led the sheep out from here and continues too, to His places of refuge, protecting them and leading them where they are being fed, growing in His grace !!!

Blessings.... Bud !!

Old 05-20-2010, 07:10 AM

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty - liberty to exalt the greatness of His splendor, His victory, and our place in His plan for the ages.

This forum is gaining ground in these areas, imo.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:49 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,650,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty - liberty to exalt the greatness of His splendor, His victory, and our place in His plan for the ages.

This forum is gaining ground in these areas, imo.

From my perspective: we are losing a good sense of balance, and are now slowly, but surely, transforming and evolving into "the internet voice of UR". When I think of how it was even just two years ago...so many good people have left. It's sad...

Old 05-20-2010, 01:53 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,689,143 times
Quote:
From my perspective: we are losing a good sense of balance, and are now slowly, but surely, transforming and evolving into "the internet voice of UR". When I think of how it was even just two years ago...so many good people have left. It's sad...
I wasn't here two years ago, but I completely agree with you Bud. This is most definitely NOT a Christianity forum. Universalists desire to get converts to UR instead of getting converts to Christ.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Question: is the focus on God getting bigger? That's where I want to be!

Old 05-20-2010, 02:19 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,411,663 times
What you are seeing in this forum is the natural result of the free speech we enjoy at city-data. When one understands the truth of UR, you want to proclaim it to the world, and there are no rules here at this forum to forbid UR vs. ET discussion. Most other Christian forums have banned or minimized UR discussion because it presents the truth and shines light on the darkness of the doctrines of eternal torment.

Thus there is a disproportionate amount of UR believers here because the topic is banned at most other Christian forums.

By the way, UR is Christian. Perhaps more so than the mainstream. Most of the mainstream (Arminian) believes Christ can only save the world if we agree to it with each individual's free will. Then the Calvinists believe Christ doesn't even want to save the whole world. While UR believes Christ came to save the world, and Christ will accomplish that feat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity