U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 02:36 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,932,213 times

Advertisements

i mean people out there looking around with satan in their minds and eternal torture and fear and judgment and chaos,or does it make people feel good that they think this???

basically how does it make you FEEL????,arent we spiritual being's that feel???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 03:01 PM

7,864 posts, read 6,671,409 times
Believing in Hell is the fear of God, and the fear of God is a good thing to have in your walk with Jesus Christ,,,,,, The Fear of God is the rejection of all evil and the way of evil that do not come from Heaven and Jesus ways,,,,, The fear of God is believing in ways that believer have as they are in their Father God House and his House is our authority.......Some belief system may not believe in Hell and that may their ways for their interpretations of the Character of The Lord God may be different...... What we feel may not matter when we walk with Jesus for we caste down imagination that contradict our confidence in the Lord God and his Word that we know,,,, eg. sentimentalism is a emotion that is not from Heaven and many are called to resist this feeling..,,,,.eros love the feeling of erotic love is not from Heaven and many are called to resist this feeling,,,, Moody control is not from Heaven and many are called resist that feeling.....Holy Spirit will caste down these feelings and others when we find out authority through Jesus Blood........

Old 05-19-2010, 03:09 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,408,216 times
Does believing in eternal hell have any negative effect's?

YES.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:19 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,111,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Does believing in eternal hell have any negative effect's?

YES.
Agreed; my personal experience will testify to this..

Blessings,
brian

Old 05-19-2010, 03:29 PM

3,577 posts, read 454,899 times
Yes

But what I am beginning to see is that there is a parallel in it with God planting in the garden the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ---- it is a belief that needs to be overcome just as we are told to overcome evil with good.........

Old 05-19-2010, 03:36 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,558,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Yes

But what I am beginning to see is that there is a parallel in it with God planting in the garden the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ---- it is a belief that needs to be overcome just as we are told to overcome evil with good.........
Yes - and to see that the Tree of Life does not judge things according to good and evil, but that all is within His domain.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

We can trust that He works all things after the council of His own will (Eph 1:11). Rest in the knowledge that He is Lord of all!

Old 05-19-2010, 05:24 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,202,500 times
In answer to the OP ...

In a phrase ... The dark ages!

Old 05-19-2010, 05:27 PM

26,244 posts, read 14,113,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
i mean people out there looking around with satan in their minds and eternal torture and fear and judgment and chaos,or does it make people feel good that they think this???

basically how does it make you FEEL????,arent we spiritual being's that feel???
For myself - no negative feelings - just total assurance of being in Christ after this life.

For others that do not know Christ - prayer and hope that Christ comes into their lives.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:16 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,382,552 times
In my own case, and my family's, absolutely!! Without a doubt, yes!! And, one more time, yes!

It seeed to me that instead of learning to love others and ourselves, we only learned paranoia, anger, fear, and frustration; Never love!

I'm STILL angry about it to this very day! I feel this belief ruined what could have been a chance in this lifetime to learn HOW TO LOVE!! I try not to let the anger color how I talk to the religious folks that still believe in TRADITION and it's mythological Greek Hell, but, sometimes my emotional baggage wins, and I start with the sarcasm.

I've only just started learning how to love......

Last edited by herefornow; 05-19-2010 at 06:26 PM..

Old 05-19-2010, 06:29 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,391,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
In my own case, and my family's, absolutely!! Without a doubt, yes!! And, one more time, yes!

It seeed to me that instead of learning to love others and ourselves, we only learned paranoia, anger, fear, and frustration; Never love!

I'm STILL angry about it to this very day! I feel this belief ruined what could have been a chance in this lifetime to learn HOW TO LOVE!! I try not to let the anger color how I talk to the religious folks that still believe in TRADITION and it's mythological Greek Hell, but, sometimes my emotional baggage wins, and I start with the sarcasm.

I've only just started learning how to love......
Yes it is hard... I feel/felt cheated as well. I could have avoided a bunch of heartache.. but then while it is easy to blame our teachers... now it is reconciled so from here on out....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity