Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 03:45 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,289 times

Advertisements

Either you trust the Lord to be Your Good Shepherd to lead you and guide you in the way you ought to go or you are looking to guidance and advise from the stars. Christianity and astrology do not mix.

Deuteronomy 4:19And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

Deuteronomy 18:10There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. 11Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

2 Timothy 2:19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Proverbs 3: 5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 7Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Psalm 31:1In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. 2Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. 3For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me. 4Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength. 5Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth. 6I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the LORD.

1 Peter 4:3For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: 4Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you: 5Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

Be a witness of your trust in the Lord to be Your Good Shepherd by not looking at astrology lest anyone should think you are doing it for more than just being curious. No believer should to be looking at it anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 05:40 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Yes astrology is the works of occult demons and must have NO place for believers who have or expect the Temple of Holy Spirit on their lives.... rebuke all astrology that crosses your eyes whether it the daily newpaper or paper stands rebukes to the Lord in Jesus name........... People who get intregues with it can get cursed... heard of one lady who went to a Healing Evangelist and the Word from The Lord was, to repent from astrology and Jesus would heal the cancer in her body.... Do not play around with this garbage, it has NO Spirits from Heaven with astrology........... My sign in the zodiac was rejected at my coversion to Christianity, I have NO sign but the sign of Christ,... Rebuke your sign in the zodiac

Last edited by hljc; 03-13-2010 at 05:49 AM..

Old 03-13-2010, 09:21 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Oh please. Astrology is not demonic in any way. It's for fun only and it won't turn you evil or release demons if you do read a horoscope or get a reading done. Astrology is based on the stars and alignments of them. Even though it has nothing to do with your soul progression, it can be enjoyed while seeking that which is of God.
The only demons or evil that you will find with astrology is within your own soul.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Oh please. Astrology is not demonic in any way. It's for fun only and it won't turn you evil or release demons if you do read a horoscope or get a reading done. Astrology is based on the stars and alignments of them. Even though it has nothing to do with your soul progression, it can be enjoyed while seeking that which is of God.
The only demons or evil that you will find with astrology is within your own soul.
Having a personal reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ means no other consultations is needed.

Scriptures in the OP has already rebuked the format by which you are stating as if God wants you to see consultations from the stars when clearly, even in the Old Testament, He does not. Believers that seek guidance from God should go straight to God.

Iniquity in the lives of a christian has an assurance of Jesus saying unto them that He knew them not. All relationships are based on trust so if you shirk it by looking to astrology, then you are being unfaithful indeed.

No one should be looking to astrology for guidance when Jesus Christ is to be Our Good Shepherd. We either honour Him as the Good Shepherd, or we do not. Since Jesus Christ is the Bridegroom, then so are we called to be chaste in our relationship with Him as the chaste bride.

Looking for guidance from God by not going to God is hypocrisey.

Looking for guidance from Jesus Christ by not going to Jesus Christ is hypocrisey as well.

1 Timothy 2:5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him......13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Hebrews 4:12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Having a personal reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ means no other consultations is needed.

Scriptures in the OP has already rebuked the format by which you are stating as if God wants you to see consultations from the stars when clearly, even in the Old Testament, He does not. Believers that seek guidance from God should go straight to God.

Iniquity in the lives of a christian has an assurance of Jesus saying unto them that He knew them not. All relationships are based on trust so if you shirk it by looking to astrology, then you are being unfaithful indeed.

No one should be looking to astrology for guidance when Jesus Christ is to be Our Good Shepherd. We either honour Him as the Good Shepherd, or we do not. Since Jesus Christ is the Bridegroom, then so are we called to be chaste in our relationship with Him as the chaste bride.

Looking for guidance from God by not going to God is hypocrisey.

Looking for guidance from Jesus Christ by not going to Jesus Christ is hypocrisey as well.

1 Timothy 2:5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him......13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Hebrews 4:12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
You misread my post. I said it was for fun and has nothing to do with the soul progression. False beliefs do more harm than astrological signs or readings. Just because something is written in the bible, does not make it true. Seek God through meditation and listen to that still small voice. I wonder if you do that as Jesus often told the apostles. I'm sure if you don't it may be that you claim that would be not of God either. Hmmm. Humans and their idiocracies. Only God knows what is in a mans soul. Only he can make the claim if He disapproves or not. It is not up to us to say what is right or wrong to God. I like astrology and I still get guidance from God. So far, He has not told me to stop.
As you must be aware, the bible is prophetic in some places. Do you realize that those prophecies are through channelings? The very same thing your book speaks against.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:48 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
You misread my post. I said it was for fun and has nothing to do with the soul progression. False beliefs do more harm than astrological signs or readings. Just because something is written in the bible, does not make it true. Seek God through meditation and listen to that still small voice. I wonder if you do that as Jesus often told the apostles. I'm sure if you don't it may be that you claim that would be not of God either. Hmmm. Humans and their idiocracies. Only God knows what is in a mans soul. Only he can make the claim if He disapproves or not. It is not up to us to say what is right or wrong to God. I like astrology and I still get guidance from God. So far, He has not told me to stop.
As you must be aware, the bible is prophetic in some places. Do you realize that those prophecies are through channelings? The very same thing your book speaks against.
Astrology is demonic. It doesn't matter whether one person uses it for fun and another for more serious matters. It is seeking to know the future apart from divine revelation and it is a means of making an unbeliever vulnerable to demonic possession and the believer to demonic influence. Astrology is a part of cosmos diabolicus. Satan's world system. Believers in Christ should have no desire to have any part of astrology or Ouija boards or any other occult activity. For fun or for any other reason.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
You misread my post. I said it was for fun and has nothing to do with the soul progression.
And yet those that read it would be looking for hints that what they have read may be true. There begins the seeds of doubts and reliance on astrology whethor they admit it or not.

Quote:
False beliefs do more harm than astrological signs or readings. Just because something is written in the bible, does not make it true.
Already being wise in your own eyes.

Quote:
Seek God through meditation and listen to that still small voice. I wonder if you do that as Jesus often told the apostles. I'm sure if you don't it may be that you claim that would be not of God either. Hmmm. Humans and their idiocracies.
Humans and their hypocriseys. You say do not believe everything that in the Bible, but you can take something Jesus said and turn it into yoga? I doubt very much Jesus was teaching the rudiment of yoga. Jesus was teaching about prayer.

Quote:
Only God knows what is in a mans soul. Only he can make the claim if He disapproves or not.
But already you are discounting the Bible on what He claims are His disapprovals.

Quote:
It is not up to us to say what is right or wrong to God.
That is what you are doing by ignoring His words in the King James Bible.

Quote:
I like astrology and I still get guidance from God. So far, He has not told me to stop.
You speak of angels in regards to 1111 and yet you cannot fathom the meaning of Jesus words in John 10:7-9 that neither angels nor the Holy Spirit serves as a Mediator between us and Jesus: it is an imposter/thief.

There are angels as the Holy Spirit does exists as God in performing the role as the Comforter, but that is the reason why Jesus Christ is the only Meditaor between God and man to stand apart from the rudiments in the world in calling a people out to Himself in being witnesses of the Son.

By your own nickname, you are testiying of something else in His name. Neither the indwelling Holy Spirit nor any angel that serves the Lord Jesus Christ would share in that spotlight to receive the attention, glory, or that personal relationship that we are to be having with God chastely through the Bridegroom.

I'll say it again: you are not serving the Lord Jesus Christ.

Quote:
And again, you discount the Bible and yet that is not what it teaches when God speaks to the prophets. God calls to them: they don't make like a Jedi knight in conditioning themselves in order for God to speak to them.

It's time for you to quit with what you are doing and get back into the scriptures mainatined by those that loved Him and kept His words in the King James Biblle so that you may get to know Him personally & directly.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Astrology is demonic. It doesn't matter whether one person uses it for fun and another for more serious matters. It is seeking to know the future apart from divine revelation and it is a means of making an unbeliever vulnerable to demonic possession and the believer to demonic influence. Astrology is a part of cosmos diabolicus. Satan's world system. Believers in Christ should have no desire to have any part of astrology or Ouija boards or any other occult activity. For fun or for any other reason.
Well then I guess all those people are just living demons walking the earth, influencing more than you can possibly imagine into doing evil. Gosh, this world will soon fall apart and the demons will rule the planet. There are jsut too many people who Love each other that read their horoscopes and channel messages from Jesus, the apostles and angels. I guess those same channeled spirits don't know what their talking about when they tell the mediums to seek God, Love each other and that God is the Father of all. I guess demons and evil souls would tell you that, wouldn't they.
So, according to you and others here, we need to practice judgementalism, hatred, unforgiveness and shun all who don't agree with you and put conditions on our love for each other. Makes perfect sense.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
And yet those that read it would be looking for hints that what they have read may be true. There begins the seeds of doubts and reliance on astrology whethor they admit it or not.

Already being wise in your own eyes.

Humans and their hypocriseys. You say do not believe everything that in the Bible, but you can take something Jesus said and turn it into yoga? I doubt very much Jesus was teaching the rudiment of yoga. Jesus was teaching about prayer.

But already you are discounting the Bible on what He claims are His disapprovals.

That is what you are doing by ignoring His words in the King James Bible.

You speak of angels in regards to 1111 and yet you cannot fathom the meaning of Jesus words in John 10:7-9 that neither angels nor the Holy Spirit serves as a Mediator between us and Jesus: it is an imposter/thief.

There are angels as the Holy Spirit does exists as God in performing the role as the Comforter, but that is the reason why Jesus Christ is the only Meditaor between God and man to stand apart from the rudiments in the world in calling a people out to Himself in being witnesses of the Son.

By your own nickname, you are testiying of something else in His name. Neither the indwelling Holy Spirit nor any angel that serves the Lord Jesus Christ would share in that spotlight to receive the attention, glory, or that personal relationship that we are to be having with God chastely through the Bridegroom.

I'll say it again: you are not serving the Lord Jesus Christ.

And again, you discount the Bible and yet that is not what it teaches when God speaks to the prophets. God calls to them: they don't make like a Jedi knight in conditioning themselves in order for God to speak to them.

It's time for you to quit with what you are doing and get back into the scriptures mainatined by those that loved Him and kept His words in the King James Biblle so that you may get to know Him personally & directly.
So, you think that Jesus didn't tell me to pray directly to God who is the Creator of all and much greater than Jesus. You think by my not reading the bible, better yet, the KJV, I am destined for eternal hell. You think that doing something fun, even though I may not agree with what it says, that I am eternally turning away from God. And, if I don't start adhereing to what you and others here believe, I will be shut out of the Kingdom forever. Well, when I pray to God for His love, He sends it. When I pray for the safekeeping of my family and friends, He helps comfort me. When I ask God to be my friend, He walks with me. When I ask God to share a laugh, He laughs. After all that and more, you still believe I am not a good person just because I don't read the KJV or any other religious text. Religion has too many man made laws for me to want in my life. I'm enjoying life and if I want to read my horoscope, God will alllow it because astrology in and of itself is not evil. YOu might want to check into some of them souls that use it as an excue for the things they do and leave the good people to do some fun stuff while their here.

The bible, or any other religious text, is not the word of God. His Truths wouldn't fit in all the books on the planet because He is Truth. You can't find Truth in any book. It is within you.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:57 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
When we become christians our minds are defaulted at "everything is of the devil that our pastors and teachers tell us is" There was a time when i would never entertain such a thought of astrology being scriptual , i am not saying it is or isn't, though i do lean towards it being so , but when the Lord called me out the system he reset my mind to "Open heart to the things of God".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity