U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-26-2010, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 858,253 times
Reputation: 134

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
just be completely truthful and honest (ignore that it is about God, if you must).

God would never provoke anyone to say this.......... that is the problem with your beliefs. Ignore it's about God, if you must. That is exactly how one comes to such a belief!! It is about what YOU want. This is how YOU want to be loved!! The bible warns of deception by flattery. There is nothing more flattering than this!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-26-2010, 01:45 PM
 
37,477 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Reputation: 5853
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
God would never provoke anyone to say this.......... that is the problem with your beliefs. Ignore it's about God, if you must. That is exactly how one comes to such a belief!! It is about what YOU want. This is how YOU want to be loved!! The bible warns of deception by flattery. There is nothing more flattering than this!!
There is no way to reach what God has "written in our hearts" by superficially parroting dogma and precepts of men. We all know when we are being selfish and deceptive . . .and it always involves SOME kind of rationalization or flattery of our ego or preferred beliefs. What I am suggesting is the ONLY way to test what is true against what is "written in our hearts." We must reach deep down in our inner self with the help of the Holy Spirit and mind of Christ . . . to determine what we most honestly and truly believe . . .not what we are indoctrinated to believe to please God. You are protecting false doctrine in the mistaken belief that you are OBEYING God . . . when you are obeying the false teachers of the precepts and doctrines of men that you have been indoctrinated with. TEST it against your deepest and most sincere inner beliefs about love. That is all I ask . . . in love of Christ.
God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,233,863 times
Reputation: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
God hates but still loves ALL.

God hates all workers of iniquity:
Psalm 5:5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who do wrong [workers of iniquity].
Romans 9:13 Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

However you cannot take these two verses and say God doesn't love all people. Understand this: WE ARE ALL WORKERS OF INIQUITY!...

LEGOMAN SHOOTS HIMSELF IN THE FOOT!

Legoman says:

"...Understand this: WE ARE ALL WORKERS OF INIQUITY!..."

Jesus says:

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord.... (Mat 7:22). And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me,.......

......."YE THAT WORK INIQUITY!"

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 858,253 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We must reach deep down in our inner self with the help of the Holy Spirit and mind of Christ . . . to determine what we most honestly and truly believe
But Mystic, how can you say this and still say "ignore it is about God if you must". Just seems like your contradicting yourself bud!!


GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,233,863 times
Reputation: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no way to reach what God has "written in our hearts" by superficially parroting dogma and precepts of men. We all know when we are being selfish and deceptive . . .and it always involves SOME kind of rationalization or flattery of our ego or preferred beliefs. What I am suggesting is the ONLY way to test what is true against what is "written in our hearts." We must reach deep down in our inner self with the help of the Holy Spirit and mind of Christ . . . to determine what we most honestly and truly believe . . .not what we are indoctrinated to believe to please God. You are protecting false doctrine in the mistaken belief that you are OBEYING God . . . when you are obeying the false teachers of the precepts and doctrines of men that you have been indoctrinated with. TEST it against your deepest and most sincere inner beliefs about love. That is all I ask . . . in love of Christ.
God bless.
With the help of the Holy Spirit and the mind and heart of Christ, I truly and most honestly believe, in the deepest depths of my most sincere inner faith and love in and for Christ, that I walk in the will of my Father...and He is pleased...His Word...written and living, lives within me.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 02:32 PM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,403,926 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
[/b]

LEGOMAN SHOOTS HIMSELF IN THE FOOT!

Legoman says:

"...Understand this: WE ARE ALL WORKERS OF INIQUITY!..."

Jesus says:

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord.... (Mat 7:22). And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me,.......

......."YE THAT WORK INIQUITY!"

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
I'm trying to understand you here, and why you think I shot myself in the foot. I don't really understand why you would even make such a comment. What is your point? Are you trying to prove me wrong and yourself right?!? Have you ever worked iniquity Verna? Have you ever sinned?!? I don't get your attitude.

Everyone is a worker of iniquity at some point, which is what I meant. We are or were workers of iniquity. Yet God sacrificed His son for ALL while we were still workers of iniquity. If you don't think so, feel free to post your opinion. You know what Verna? I STILL SIN. I don't want to. But I'm not afraid to say it. And the only hope for me is that God will save me. Sorry if you think I will be departing from the Lord forever - if that is what you meant - I'm not even sure what you meant. I believe God came to save sinners, of which I am one. That is my hope and faith.

To be honest I'm tired of this whole debate. People want to be in an exclusive club and make up reasons to not be loving. So be it, you will reap what you sow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 02:37 PM
 
3,576 posts, read 452,553 times
Reputation: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
God would never provoke anyone to say this.......... that is the problem with your beliefs. Ignore it's about God, if you must. That is exactly how one comes to such a belief!! It is about what YOU want. This is how YOU want to be loved!! The bible warns of deception by flattery. There is nothing more flattering than this!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 02:39 PM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,403,926 times
Reputation: 682
I'm just totally baffled by your response Verna. I don't know if you are trying to be mean, trying to say you don't sin, or if you are just totally confused. Because I am confused.

Do you understand that everyone works iniquity? Everyone sins? Do you know you sin Verna?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 02:42 PM
 
3,576 posts, read 452,553 times
Reputation: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no way to reach what God has "written in our hearts" by superficially parroting dogma and precepts of men. We all know when we are being selfish and deceptive . . .and it always involves SOME kind of rationalization or flattery of our ego or preferred beliefs. What I am suggesting is the ONLY way to test what is true against what is "written in our hearts." We must reach deep down in our inner self with the help of the Holy Spirit and mind of Christ . . . to determine what we most honestly and truly believe . . .not what we are indoctrinated to believe to please God. You are protecting false doctrine in the mistaken belief that you are OBEYING God . . . when you are obeying the false teachers of the precepts and doctrines of men that you have been indoctrinated with. TEST it against your deepest and most sincere inner beliefs about love. That is all I ask . . . in love of Christ.
God bless.
Mystic,

The law brings us to Christ --then we rest in him..... We all need the law first -- it seems to me that Verna still needs the written law to refer to. And that is ok for her.

I think all this has to do with the different places we are in our walk ----
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 02:45 PM
 
37,477 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Reputation: 5853
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
But Mystic, how can you say this and still say "ignore it is about God if you must". Just seems like your contradicting yourself bud!!
No . . . you cannot remove yourself from the conditioned indoctrination that surrounds your approach to God and dogma. The generic answer about love would apply whether it was about God or not. What would you honestly consider the truest and deepest love possible of the two choices. You are merely distracting and dissembling to provide cover for Verna to avoid having to lie about what she considers the truest love of the two.
God Bless, Mystic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top