U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 03:51 PM

37,553 posts, read 25,268,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
With the help of the Holy Spirit and the mind and heart of Christ, I truly and most honestly believe, in the deepest depths of my most sincere inner faith and love in and for Christ, that I walk in the will of my Father...and He is pleased...His Word...written and living, lives within me.
In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
I've never doubted this for a single second, Verna . . . that is why it distresses me so when you refuse to do what I asked . . . choosing between the two types of love with all that sincerity and beauty of your soul as God has "written in your heart." Which do you honestly believe is the truest and deepest love? In love of Christ, Mystic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 03:55 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,112,960 times
Seeing how this thread is going, I'd say we all need to get a Grip on Love. Check out this link (yes, it's the same I put on a new post). It might be of help to someone:

Body

Blessings to all!
brian

Old 05-26-2010, 06:33 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,239,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I'm trying to understand you here, and why you think I shot myself in the foot. I don't really understand why you would even make such a comment. What is your point? Are you trying to prove me wrong and yourself right?!? Have you ever worked iniquity Verna? Have you ever sinned?!? I don't get your attitude.

Everyone is a worker of iniquity at some point, which is what I meant. We are or were workers of iniquity. Yet God sacrificed His son for ALL while we were still workers of iniquity. If you don't think so, feel free to post your opinion. You know what Verna? I STILL SIN. I don't want to. But I'm not afraid to say it. And the only hope for me is that God will save me. Sorry if you think I will be departing from the Lord forever - if that is what you meant - I'm not even sure what you meant. I believe God came to save sinners, of which I am one. That is my hope and faith.

To be honest I'm tired of this whole debate. People want to be in an exclusive club and make up reasons to not be loving. So be it, you will reap what you sow.
Legoman, your heart has been pricked...and not by me at all...but by the living, breathing Word of the living God...I only listen and do what I know is right in my heart...out of love for you and care, for the state of your soul...BECAUSE I DO love you...and I pray beyond prayers that SOMETHING will quicken you or someone else who may be believing in, and walking in a false gospel...I would Love nothing more than for you to stand in front of the King on THAT Day...with confidence...you standing there in confidence!!!, KNOWING that He knows you lived your life IN HIS WILL...because Lego....If you die...in your sin...you are NOT going to spend all of eternity with Him in heaven...you are not...and I do not want that for you...! That's why.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 05-26-2010 at 07:09 PM..

Old 05-26-2010, 06:34 PM

5,739 posts, read 4,587,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I knew it! I could "feel" it in your tone, too! That's neat!

I also haven't posted there for a while. Under "whyiloveitaly"..

Ohhh! I didn't know you were the same...!
very cool!
Glad to see you here.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:06 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,383,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I knew it! I could "feel" it in your tone, too! That's neat!

I also haven't posted there for a while. Under "whyiloveitaly"..
I haven't been posting there, but I do go back to it. Hannah Whitall Smith's writings are still very important to me..!

Brian
I thought I had seen a poster with "Italy" in their name back there somewhere on Tentmaker.

I have looked around some Universalist boards (Tentmaker, Evangelical Universalist, etc) and I have noticed some of the same types of names and writing that are on City Data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Hi there!
Yes, that's me.
It's been months since I've posted there.
But I still go back every now and again.
peace,
sparrow
I was wondering if I should join some of the Universalist boards out there, but I wasn't sure if I would get the same kind of debating as I have here on CD.

Having people around with different views helps me understand a little more deeply sometimes, and that isn't such a bad thing.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:16 PM

5,739 posts, read 4,587,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I was wondering if I should join some of the Universalist boards out there, but I wasn't sure if I would get the same kind of debating as I have here on CD.

Having people around with different views helps me understand a little more deeply sometimes, and that isn't such a bad thing.

Oh you shouldn't have any problems with that! Most of the UR boards I've ever belonged to, there are many different views. It's just the core belief of God's love and that He is reconciling all is the common ground that most share.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:17 PM

3,055 posts, read 3,132,657 times
For my family and myself, yes God is Love, and always has been and will be forever.....

Old 05-26-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Oh you shouldn't have any problems with that! Most of the UR boards I've ever belonged to, there are many different views. It's just the core belief of God's love and that He is reconciling all is the common ground that most share.
Alrighty. Maybe I will join Tentmaker or something. But, City-Data already takes up a LOT of time. It's surprising how easy it is to get sucked into these threads!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:26 PM

3,577 posts, read 455,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I thought I had seen a poster with "Italy" in their name back there somewhere on Tentmaker.

I have looked around some Universalist boards (Tentmaker, Evangelical Universalist, etc) and I have noticed some of the same types of names and writing that are on City Data.

When looking at universalist sites you may just want to be aware that some will not be looking at it from a biblical view.......... tentmaker is a biblical UR site

Old 05-26-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
When looking at universalist sites you may just want to be aware that some will not be looking at it from a biblical view.......... tentmaker is a biblical UR site
Okay. Thanks, meerkat2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or