U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 07:23 PM

723 posts, read 860,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Brian...please...it's in the Book...it's His holy Word...

"...For the man in whom they are lacking is blind and cannot see distant objects, in that he has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his old sins. (2 Peter 1:9)

"...None of their past sins will be brought up again, for they have done what is just and right, and they will surely live. (Exekiel 33:16)

"...Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the..." (Romans 3:25)

"...All their past sins will be forgotten, and they will live because of the righteous things they have done..." (Ezekiel 18:22)

"...In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent of their sins and turn..." (Acts 17:30)

In Christ's love, In His truth,
Verna.

Say it with soul Sister!!!

DALE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 07:30 PM

3,585 posts, read 464,294 times
Quote:
Yes, Brian did say that...he also said:

...and I proved to him, through Scripture, that Christ's blood did, indeed, only cover past sins....and NOT ALL SIN FOREVER.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
Verna,

We all have different levels of understanding

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Each of us is/should be testifying what Jesus did by his death and resurrection. He died only once for all sin "It is done" however from what I gather it is testified in each of us according to Gods will and time.............

Old 05-29-2010, 07:54 PM

37,650 posts, read 25,348,785 times
Quote:
Yes, Brian did say that...he also said:

...and I proved to him, through Scripture, that Christ's blood did, indeed, only cover past sins....and NOT ALL SIN FOREVER.

Verna.
You correctly distinguish between being saved and working out our salvation . . . but you misunderstand it. We are ALL saved. It is the spiritual "structures" of our lives that we are building every day that are at risk . . . NOT us. God is love. We are to build our lives around love. Those relationships and events of our lives are the "spiritual structures" of our lives that we are building in our "Spiritual embryos" (consciousnesses) that will either be of "gold and silver" or "wood and straw" that will be subject to the fire . . . and can be burned away or not . . . but we are ALL still saved no matter what. I know you are familiar with the verse I am referencing.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You correctly distinguish between being saved and working out our salvation . . . but you misunderstand it. We are ALL saved. It is the spiritual "structures" of our lives that we are building every day that are at risk . . . NOT us. God is love. We are to build our lives around love. Those relationships and events of our lives are the "spiritual structures" of our lives that we are building in our "Spiritual embryos" (consciousnesses) that will either be of "gold and silver" or "wood and straw" that will be subject to the fire . . . and can be burned away or not . . . but we are ALL still saved no matter what. I know you are familiar with the verse I am referencing.
Mystic, I started a thread on Jesus is the light of the world, if I "bump" it can you give me your thoughts?

Old 05-29-2010, 08:19 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,250,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Verna,
We all have different levels of understanding
Having different levels of understanding is one thing...rejecting the truth when it is presented to you is quite another.

Allbeit, ahigherway has not answered for himself as yet...to be fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

It IS being testified of RIGHT NOW!...and it IS BEING REJECTED!!!...RIGHT NOW!...in THIS time...you refuse to "see" it or "hear" it!
Quote:
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
"...For the man in whom they are lacking is blind and cannot see distant objects, in that he has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his old sins. (2 Peter 1:9)

"...None of their past sins will be brought up again, for they have done what is just and right, and they will surely live. (Exekiel 33:16)

"...Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the..." (Romans 3:25)

"...All their past sins will be forgotten, and they will live because of the righteous things they have done..." (Ezekiel 18:22)

"...In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent of their sins and turn..." (Acts 17:30)
Quote:
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye [obedient believer's] also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
^^^[means - you have accepted Jesus' ONE TIME SACRIFICE FOR YOUR PAST SINS!]
Quote:
Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
AMEN!
Quote:
Each of us is/should be testifying what Jesus did by his death and resurrection. He died only once for all sin "It is done"

Quote:
however
..."H-O-W-E-V-E-R"...sounds like "B-U-T"...sounds like T-W-I-S-T-I-N-G and P-E-R-V-E-R-T-I-N-G the TRUTH!!!
Quote:
from what I gather
...from what YOU gather meerkat...?...You GATHER incorrectly!
Quote:
...it is testified in each of us according to Gods will and time.............
Not if you don't take heed when He shows it to you!

So I guess you put all the blame on Him that you refuse to accept the truth that screams to you in your face...? Is it God's will that when He gives you the truth...that you refuse it too...? Was it His will that I give you His Word and you ignore it..? When is it His time...? He said, "Faith is NOW!"

Verna.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No Mystic, I am not familiar with this Scripture at all...show it to me.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Having different levels of understanding is one thing...rejecting the truth when it is presented to you is quite another.

Allbeit, ahigherway has not answered for himself as yet...to be fair.
[/color]
It IS being testified of RIGHT NOW!...and it IS BEING REJECTED!!!...RIGHT NOW!...in THIS time...you refuse to "see" it or "hear" it!

^^^[means - you have accepted Jesus' ONE TIME SACRIFICE FOR YOUR PAST SINS!]
AMEN!

..."H-O-W-E-V-E-R"...sounds like "B-U-T"...sounds like T-W-I-S-T-I-N-G and P-E-R-V-E-R-T-I-N-G the TRUTH!!!

...from what YOU gather meerkat...?...You GATHER incorrectly!

Not if you don't take heed when He shows it to you!

So I guess you put all the blame on Him that you refuse to accept the truth that screams to you in your face...? Is it God's will that when He gives you the truth...that you refuse it too...? Was it His will that I give you His Word and you ignore it..? When is it His time...? He said, "Faith is NOW!"

Verna.
What I am feeling from you is not love but judgment. All I will say at this stage is this:-

I know that you believe that because I do not keep the sabbath I am not your sister -- that is your focus

I am listening to what God is telling me through the Spirit

Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
What I am feeling from you is not love but judgment. All I will say at this stage is this:-

I know that you believe that because I do not keep the sabbath I am not your sister -- that is your focus

I am listening to what God is telling me through the Spirit

Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
It isn't me judging...it's the Word of God.

Verna.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
It isn't me judging...it's the Word of God.

Verna.
Your funny

Old 05-29-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Your funny
I'm funny.

I'm sorry meerkat...I just don't see the humor in something so serious and so sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or