U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 10:33 PM

5,739 posts, read 4,588,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Back to the opening post

Yes God is love
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 04:39 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,113,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
You CANNOT interpret this, HIS Word, any other way than what it says...period.

"...For the man in whom they are lacking is blind and cannot see distant objects, in that he has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his old sins. (2 Peter 1:9)

"...None of their past sins will be brought up again, for they have done what is just and right, and they will surely live. (Exekiel 33:16)

"...Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the..." (Romans 3:25)

"...All their past sins will be forgotten, and they will live because of the righteous things they have done..." (Ezekiel 18:22)

"...In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent of their sins and turn..." (Acts 17:30)
'Morning to ya, Verna!
your response was on my mind early today, I see it stirred up some stuff..
I don't really want to debate much anymore. What I'm saying is that GOD released me of something evil I had no awareness of, back in 1989; I felt a presence leave, and from that point on things started to change.
My friends at the time kept on living the way they were living, and I don't know why the Lord did not release them like He did me.
The important thing is that He is GOOD. Not just God, GOOD. And I firmly believe that His GOODness is over all His creatures.
God put all men in Adam in order to put all men in Christ. (Rom. 5-6). This is my message to all men. Be ye reconciled to God. Because God doesn't create junk. He has reconciled the world to Himself. And this is my hope today.

If I'm "missing something" in my walk, then I am confident that when I ask the Lord to lead me (and I do everyday), then I am sure He will lead me where He wants me to go.

He's the captain! I'm just a shiphand now!

Blessings to you this morning!
Brian

Old 05-30-2010, 08:30 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,240,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
'Morning to ya, Verna!
your response was on my mind early today, I see it stirred up some stuff..
I don't really want to debate much anymore. What I'm saying is that GOD released me of something evil I had no awareness of, back in 1989; I felt a presence leave, and from that point on things started to change.
My friends at the time kept on living the way they were living, and I don't know why the Lord did not release them like He did me.
The important thing is that He is GOOD. Not just God, GOOD. And I firmly believe that His GOODness is over all His creatures.
God put all men in Adam in order to put all men in Christ. (Rom. 5-6). This is my message to all men. Be ye reconciled to God. Because God doesn't create junk. He has reconciled the world to Himself. And this is my hope today.

If I'm "missing something" in my walk, then I am confident that when I ask the Lord to lead me (and I do everyday), then I am sure He will lead me where He wants me to go.

He's the captain! I'm just a shiphand now!

Blessings to you this morning!
Brian
Good morning Brian...

Yes...the nest's were definately being stirred up last night, which I thank God for every second of it...it brings the lies and deceit of the enemy to surface...as it brings the truth of God's Word to light...all of which is a wonderful thing.

Brian, The Bible is full...overflowing with truth that wipes out the belief that ALL will see their salvation...The Bible is full...overflowing with truth that wipes out the belief that if you die in sin...you have a second chance after your death to be reconciled to God through Christ...It only needs to be read in the Light of the Holy Spirit of Truth...and believed...and obeyed.........not twisted or morphed into whatever one wants it to say to justify their living their lives in sin<<<this is a lie from the pit of hell...it goes against ALL that God IS!

Is God love?...

...You can (and you do) take that to mean that He is so loving that He will excuse any way any one chooses to live their life...and I am here to tell you, according to His Word, that is a lie...and you and everyone else who believes this are living a lie believing it.

God has already shown you and everyone else how great His love is by giving His only begotten Son to die for us...He's already shown His love for us in that He did this for all of us while we were still yet sinners...which means that if we truly accept the death of Jesus...if we truly accept this precious Gift from God, then we will live our lives according to His perfect will...and THIS is the love of God that we keep His commandments.

Dear God, I pray for your spiritual eyes to be opened to see the truth and understand it..and I pray for spiritual wisdom...that you will live and walk in His truth...He's giving it to you now, through me...and it is up to you, not Him, to receive it or not.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:51 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,756,061 times
I'm sorry but all I see from certain posters is contempt and judgmental-ism.......and THAT is not showing the love of God or Christ.

Ahigherway, I see the love of Christ in your posts whereas I don't in others. Please be aware that you have it right and God has finally revealed to me the truth also.

I want to apologize to anyone that I may have offended or come across as judgmental when I was posting as an ETer.......I'm terribly sorry for that. It hurts my very soul to see others doing that now and I pray that their eyes will be opened to God's truth instead of man's treacherous teachings. It saddens me something terrible to see the lie of ET and it's proponents making others feel like pure trash and worthless in the Kingdom of God. That is not what God IS nor is it what this thread is about. Love.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:26 AM

723 posts, read 859,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I'm sorry but all I see from certain posters is contempt and judgmental-ism.......and THAT is not showing the love of God or Christ.

Ahigherway, I see the love of Christ in your posts whereas I don't in others. Please be aware that you have it right and God has finally revealed to me the truth also.

I want to apologize to anyone that I may have offended or come across as judgmental when I was posting as an ETer.......I'm terribly sorry for that. It hurts my very soul to see others doing that now and I pray that their eyes will be opened to God's truth instead of man's treacherous teachings. It saddens me something terrible to see the lie of ET and it's proponents making others feel like pure trash and worthless in the Kingdom of God. That is not what God IS nor is it what this thread is about. Love.
Ilene,

Just because you used to believe in Eternal Torment (ET) doesn't mean that everyone who doesn't believe as you do now (Universalism), believes in ET. Verna does not, and neither do I!! Nobody said anything about ET until you Universalists bring it up. It is just a scare tactic that is used to turn the mind of those who are "on the fence" into universalists. Please stop bringing it up!!

Brian,

Verna is speaking the truth to you!! She is only trying to open your heart to the truth that one cannot sin as they please and still recieve the joys of heaven. God has clearly spoken!! He hates workers of iniquity!!

"Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence you are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know not whence you are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity"
(LUKE 13:24-27)

These are the words of Jesus to all believers who claim to speak the truth yet continue to sin!! Everyone seems to think it is impossible to keep God's 10 holy commandments!! I sure am glad there are only ten, who knows what would be said of 20 .

"Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak PEACE to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts."

(PSALM 28:3)

"Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocracy and iniquity"
(MATTHEW 23:28)

So you see, God tells us that there are plenty of different ways that workers of iniquity (sinners) will try and fool believers into thinking they will be saved by only the profession of Jesus as our Lord and savior, and the thinking that you can live in sin, and still be saved. It is satan who has masterfully decieved the denominational masses, and is now working on non-denominational believers with the belief that the ten commandments cannot be followed. Yet, the only commandment that they truly disagree with is the fourth one. God's Holy seventh day Sabbath!! The easiest to keep IMO. It is the only commandment that contains a specific time. Which makes it a time and law!! Sounds like a prophecy I recall:

"And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and THINK TO CHANGE TIMES AND LAWS: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time."

Do not let yourself be decieved!! Take heed to what God is saying through Verna and I. He will not be mocked!!! God makes it very clear that He will not have workers of sin in His presence!!

GOD BLESS YOU BROTHER!!!
DALE/ALMOST2L8

Old 05-30-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Ilene,

Just because you used to believe in Eternal Torment (ET) doesn't mean that everyone who doesn't believe as you do now (Universalism), believes in ET. Verna does not, and neither do I!! Nobody said anything about ET until you Universalists bring it up. It is just a scare tactic that is used to turn the mind of those who are "on the fence" into universalists. Please stop bringing it up!!
Excuse me? What are you talking about? My post wasn't directed to you. The only scare tactics being used are by the ETer's. I don't know what you believe and it has no relevance as the post wasn't even directed to you. Since when does Verna not believe in ET? I think you are speaking out of turn.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Excuse me? What are you talking about? My post wasn't directed to you. The only scare tactics being used are by the ETer's. I don't know what you believe and it has no relevance as the post wasn't even directed to you. Since when does Verna not believe in ET? I think you are speaking out of turn.
Um.... your post did not have a quote so I didn't suspect that it was directed toward anyone, however you were speaking of Verna, correct??? Since when do you know others beliefs better than themselves?? Alot of people think that I believe in ET as well, though I never said that!! I was simply saying that ET is not usually brought up by myself OR Verna. But by others like yourself!! All I asked is that you don't bring it up, sorry to ruffle your feathers!! How was I out of context?? I said PLEASE!! If you politely ask Verna, I am sure she will share her beliefs on ET with you. But you cannot approach her like you just did me, she will not respond!! I can tell you that ET is not in her beliefs though!!

GOD BLESS ILENE!!!
DALE

Old 05-30-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:

This is exactly the deception that Universalism brings about!! So heartfelt, and yet it is said without heart. And in the very next post you let them true colors fly!!!

Quote:
Anything directed toward Verna is also directed at myself!! So I am speaking very much in turn!!

DALE

Old 05-30-2010, 01:11 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,240,149 times
Quote:
This is exactly the deception that Universalism brings about!! So heartfelt, and yet it is said without heart. And in the very next post you let them true colors fly!!!

Anything directed toward Verna is also directed at myself!! So I am speaking very much in turn!!

DALE
Amen Dale...a post to me is a post to you...God Bless you dear brother in Christ.

Oh...and...you are correct...I do NOT! believe in ETERNAL TORMENT!!! I believe in dead. Done. Finished. Forever! Eternally!

Verna.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Um.... your post did not have a quote so I didn't suspect that it was directed toward anyone, however you were speaking of Verna, correct??? Since when do you know others beliefs better than themselves?? Alot of people think that I believe in ET as well, though I never said that!! I was simply saying that ET is not usually brought up by myself OR Verna. But by others like yourself!! All I asked is that you don't bring it up, sorry to ruffle your feathers!! How was I out of context?? I said PLEASE!! If you politely ask Verna, I am sure she will share her beliefs on ET with you. But you cannot approach her like you just did me, she will not respond!! I can tell you that ET is not in her beliefs though!!

GOD BLESS ILENE!!!
DALE
Quote:

DALE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Amen Dale...a post to me is a post to you...God Bless you dear brother in Christ.

Oh...and...you are correct...I do NOT! believe in ETERNAL TORMENT!!! I believe in dead. Done. Finished. Forever! Eternally!

Verna.
Your both imagining things and I was making a generalized statement which is truth. But I wouldn't expect anything less than for you two to take something so generalized and run with it. Get over yourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or