Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2010, 03:56 PM

723 posts, read 1,046,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Your both imagining things and I was making a generalized statement which is truth. But I wouldn't expect anything less than for you two to take something so generalized and run with it. Get over yourselves.
Such a kind heart!! Thank you, Ilene!! What is it we are imagining??

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I'm sorry but all I see from certain posters is contempt and judgmental-ism.......and THAT is not showing the love of God or Christ.
THAT is judgemental-ism!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright
Ahigherway, I see the love of Christ in your posts whereas I don't in others.
Who are the others, Ilene??? Thats not generalization but rather provokation!!

Quote:
I want to apologize to anyone that I may have offended or come across as judgmental when I was posting as an ETer.......I'm terribly sorry for that. It hurts my very soul to see others doing that now and I pray that their eyes will be opened to God's truth instead of man's treacherous teachings. It saddens me something terrible to see the lie of ET and it's proponents making others feel like pure trash and worthless in the Kingdom of God. That is not what God IS nor is it what this thread is about. Love.
What about the ones you have offended since you have become a UR?? I guess it only applies to the ones with which you agree with at the time huh??

Quote:
Your both imagining things and I was making a generalized statement which is truth. But I wouldn't expect anything less than for you two to take something so generalized and run with it. Get over yourselves.
I am not trying to be mean but where is this newfound love that you speak so highly of??? I am also not so full of myself, but full of Christ!!

LOVE YA!!
DALE

Old 05-30-2010, 04:25 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Verna, Dale, Ilene, me, everyone -- we all try to find unity in our particular doctrinal stances sabbatarianism, catholicism, UR, ET, AN, arminianism, trinity, etc

Biting at each other is not good.

We are all human and are trying to find truth and when we have an ah ha moment like 'keep the commandments' or 'God will have all men saved and come to the truth' it is easy to rest in that and be divided from the rest of those that believe in Christ, who are In Christ (we are not all at the same level of understanding) and say that because "they" do not believe as we do "they" are not christians or do not know "the truth" .........

I believe what we are having is communication problems and interpretation problems......

This thread is 'Is God Love'

and IMO the answer to that is YES

Old 05-30-2010, 04:26 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Ummmm..

I think I need to repeat some points.
1) God saved me, I didn't save myself. He loosed me, cleaned me, changed me. HIS is the glory, and without HIM I would not be here on this forum. (And neither would you.)
2) God touched me with His Spirit, and filled my heart with joy one day in 1990. The doctrine of annihilation is not coherent with the Love I felt that day (and also days after). That's why I started this thread. How many people today are seeing that GOD IS LOVE? It's a love that is beyond comprehension. And it's bigger than you and I could ever muster towards anyone, friends.
3) Jesus said, "I came to save the world." I believe this was not a wish, but a plan.
4) God is not far away from any of us. In fact, His Word is in our hearts and mouths. That means everybody. God is not a respecter of persons.
5) God's arm is not too short, that it cannot save. What is impossible with man is possible with God. He saved me, He saved Saul, and I believe He will save all. If you look at the conversion of Saul, you will see that he says, "who art thou, LORD?" Saul was calling Jesus Lord before he knew who He was! THAT's the power of God to save to the uttermost.
It only takes an instant for God to change any man's heart that He desires to change. Why He changes some and not others, I cannot say. I can only speak of what I have seen and heard myself. But the fact remains that it takes nothing at all for God to melt the heart of stone. Nothing.
When a man stands before God, the intensity, the beauty, the Power, the Glory, the Love! That is what will convert the sinner, my friends. We shall all be changed. We need to give HIM the glory!

My God can do all this, and more. And I believe He will. Praise the Lord!

Blessings,
brian

Old 05-30-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Verna, Dale, Ilene, me, everyone -- we all try to find unity in our particular doctrinal stances sabbatarianism, catholicism, UR, ET, AN, arminianism, trinity, etc

Biting at each other is not good.

We are all human and are trying to find truth and when we have an ah ha moment like 'keep the commandments' or 'God will have all men saved and come to the truth' it is easy to rest in that and be divided from the rest of those that believe in Christ, who are In Christ (we are not all at the same level of understanding) and say that because "they" do not believe as we do "they" are not christians or do not know "the truth" .........

I believe what we are having is communication problems and interpretation problems......

This thread is 'Is God Love'

and IMO the answer to that is YES
Good point meerkat!!! But the problem is that God is not ONLY love. Anger, hate, jealousy, these are not traits that stem from love no matter how one twists the words of God. God IS ALL THINGS!! And He says He will destroy the workers of iniquity!! What does the word destroy mean in your vocabulary?? He does not say He will destroy iniquity, but the workers thereof.

GOD BLESS Meerkat!!
DALE

Old 05-30-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Good point meerkat!!! But the problem is that God is not ONLY love. Anger, hate, jealousy, these are not traits that stem from love no matter how one twists the words of God. God IS ALL THINGS!! And He says He will destroy the workers of iniquity!! What does the word destroy mean in your vocabulary?? He does not say He will destroy iniquity, but the workers thereof.

GOD BLESS Meerkat!!
DALE
God is love -- he has said that is who he is -- we are sown as flesh and raised by the Spirit

The wages of sin is death --- the gift of God is life (resurrection)

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience etc

The emnity is between the lust of the flesh which is death and the spirit which is life

God has subjected all of us to the flesh and after judgment and resurrection we will all see life.

God also says that he will resurrect all

Jesus says he came to save the destroyed

What I think is that when you say that God will destroy the disobedient and leave them in death that it seems you are not looking at what judgment is and what resurrection is.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:59 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Ummmm..

I think I need to repeat some points.
1) God saved me, I didn't save myself. He loosed me, cleaned me, changed me. HIS is the glory, and without HIM I would not be here on this forum. (And neither would you.)
2) God touched me with His Spirit, and filled my heart with joy one day in 1990. The doctrine of annihilation is not coherent with the Love I felt that day (and also days after). That's why I started this thread. How many people today are seeing that GOD IS LOVE? It's a love that is beyond comprehension. And it's bigger than you and I could ever muster towards anyone, friends.
3) Jesus said, "I came to save the world." I believe this was not a wish, but a plan.
4) God is not far away from any of us. In fact, His Word is in our hearts and mouths. That means everybody. God is not a respecter of persons.
5) God's arm is not too short, that it cannot save. What is impossible with man is possible with God. He saved me, He saved Saul, and I believe He will save all. If you look at the conversion of Saul, you will see that he says, "who art thou, LORD?" Saul was calling Jesus Lord before he knew who He was! THAT's the power of God to save to the uttermost.
It only takes an instant for God to change any man's heart that He desires to change. Why He changes some and not others, I cannot say. I can only speak of what I have seen and heard myself. But the fact remains that it takes nothing at all for God to melt the heart of stone. Nothing.
When a man stands before God, the intensity, the beauty, the Power, the Glory, the Love! That is what will convert the sinner, my friends. We shall all be changed. We need to give HIM the glory!

My God can do all this, and more. And I believe He will. Praise the Lord!

Blessings,
brian

Isaiah 52:7, brother.

God bless you.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:08 PM

433 posts, read 587,236 times
In conclusion, "love" = "sinful, but saved from being annihilated"

Old 05-30-2010, 06:32 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
...there is no greater love than the life He's given us.

...what are we going to with this love?

...that will show our appreciation?

Old 05-30-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...there is no greater love than the life He's given us.

...what are we going to with this love?

...that will show our appreciation?
What I see is that it is not about paying God back for his gift - it is about Christ living in us --- Am I there yet noooooo

Love God with your whole heart and soul and spirit and love your neighbour as yourself

Who is my neighbour? Does it matter?

Jesus says Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Quote:
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Rom 12:4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
Rom 12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Rom 12:6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
Rom 12:7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
Rom 12:8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
Rom 12:9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
Rom 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
Rom 12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
Rom 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
Rom 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
Rom 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
Rom 12:15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
Rom 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
Rom 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
Rom 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity