U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 01:16 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,823,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Not sure... no one came back from the dead yet to tell us!

That's right Kat.....your Jesus is still in the grave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 01:28 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,722,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
More verses quoted completely out of context.

You have a belief, and you are scambling to cherry pick Bible verses out of context in order to make it appear the Bible supports your POV. But anyone who reads the entire chapter can see that the verses you quote often mean the OPPOSITE of what you claim, and the rest simply don't support your POV at all.
Feel free to explain what you think being baptized with fire is, and what it means that everyone is salted with fire, if you can. I assume you don't think it's a literal fire, and for some reason you choose to believe the lake of fire is literal.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:36 PM

3,581 posts, read 456,716 times
[quote=Ilene Wright;14289192]
Quote:

WOW! I read the entire article Joe and it is fascinating! Very well written and the comparison to Joseph and his brothers is just amazing. I never would have been able to pull all that together myself and glean from it what needs to be gleaned....It would definitely serve Mr5150 well to read this, as well as anyone else who questions UR.
Ilene,

I have recently found that site and there is a lot of good stuff there (I did start a thread on it ) -- I especially like the IS, was, and will be, with the emphasis that God put on the IS as foremost, and I believe that everything needs to be looked at from that perspective. Things change if you look at it from a different perspective -- We are told in scripture that God calls things that are not as if they were, and those that are not his people he will call his people.

I would suggest you bookmark it and read other articles in the site.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:28 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,205,043 times
Quote:
Then I guess I am not a traditional "hell preacher". The point was whether or not sin has been destroyed TODAY, and I said it has not. You chose to answer a question which was never asked.

Yes, but don't you believe that the sinners who exist forever in hell are for ever in sin in hell? Doesn't evil and sin exist for ever in eternal torment? Are they really destroyed if they exist for ever?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Ilene, reading your quotes : if the Bible SPECIFICALLY says the fire was for believers, then how can you argue otherwise,

Your abandonment of your faith, and the word of God does not make your POV correct.

The verse just before your verse says an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power

It talks about people "in faith", so how does that turn to mean "unbelievers are tried in fire and saved"??? It simply does not.
You say that Ilene abandoned her faith ... The question is, what do you believe that Ilene abandoned her faith in? She is still Christian, in that she has her faith in Christ our lord ...

Did she loose her faith in hell or eternal torment?

Do you have faith in hell or eternal torment?

Do you know what faith is? ... Answer ... The substance of things hoped for. Do you have faith in hell and eternal torment? That means you hope that it is true ... Doesn't it?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:49 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,375,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
No, Finn....you believe you proved me wrong and you did not and cannot. And you're right, there are none as blind as those who refuse to see.

Edit to add: You seem to forget Finn that I used to believe exactly like you do. So who has the truth? Really think about that.
This is the same DOTL that used to argue non stop with unis, right? The one who fought for her beliefs, tooth and nail? The one who never wavered?

Is this the same one?

Who has the Truth? Jesus Chriist does. He is the one who says not ALL will be saved. In fact He said FEW are saved, in that great and terrible DAY OF THE LORD.

I suppose even the elect can be deceived...........so we must be in the last days.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
This is the same DOTL that used to argue non stop with unis, right? The one who fought for her beliefs, tooth and nail? The one who never wavered?

Is this the same one?

Who has the Truth? Jesus Chriist does. He is the one who says not ALL will be saved. In fact He said FEW are saved, in that great and terrible DAY OF THE LORD.

I suppose even the elect can be deceived...........so we must be in the last days.

Never did Christ once say few will be saved.

Maybe you are already deceived?

Maybe Ilene has be awakened and she is preparing her lamp?

Old 05-22-2010, 04:01 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,563,062 times
Any time you see few, narrow, or any other term of exclusion, remember it was after crucifixion that Jesus ascended. The flesh will always have to be dealt with.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:09 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,756,061 times
[quote=meerkat2;14290811]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

Ilene,

I have recently found that site and there is a lot of good stuff there (I did start a thread on it ) -- I especially like the IS, was, and will be, with the emphasis that God put on the IS as foremost, and I believe that everything needs to be looked at from that perspective. Things change if you look at it from a different perspective -- We are told in scripture that God calls things that are not as if they were, and those that are not his people he will call his people.

I would suggest you bookmark it and read other articles in the site.
I will bookmark it...thanks again. Sorry I missed that thread!

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 05-22-2010 at 04:29 PM..

Old 05-22-2010, 04:13 PM

3,581 posts, read 456,716 times
[quote=Ilene Wright;14291613]
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post

I will bookmark it...thanks again for supplying the link. Sorry I missed that thread!
Joe provided the link this time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity