U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 05:45 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,211,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?"

He said to them, 24"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.'

"But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'

26"Then you will say, 'We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.'
27"But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!'

Moderator cut: previous deletion
Moderator cut: reference quote was deleted

But, you have failed to quote one single scripture where Jesus says "few will be saved" ...

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-23-2010 at 01:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 05:47 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,211,726 times
Quote:
As you can see the universalists have pretty much taken over this discussion board.

Sooner or later, Christian universalists will be taking over the whole world!

Old 05-22-2010, 06:37 PM

3,582 posts, read 460,853 times
Quote:
As you can see the universalists have pretty much taken over this discussion board.
However you seem to like debating and talking about it

Old 05-22-2010, 06:47 PM

58,610 posts, read 32,015,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
However you seem to like debating and talking about it
It is my duty as a Christian to spread the truth.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:13 PM

58,610 posts, read 32,015,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
This is talking about those Jews that ate and drank with him ---- the Jews are not in the kingdom at this stage -- the kingdom is given to a nation who will bear the fruits --- This is about the national judgment against the Jews in 70AD
No, the verses you quoted in Matthew are about Israel (the entire book of Matthew is written to Jewish audience), but the verses I quoted form Luke, simply state that not everyone will be saved, and even many of those who THOUGHT were saved were not (the ones who show up in the wedding in wrong clothes - hyporites, professing christians who never knew Christ etc). Jesus specifically says that you must "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door" because " for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able." So, straight out of mouth of Jesus Christ himself, NOT EVERYONE IS ABLE TO ENTER.

He says " 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!' and it continues ""There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out."

It is plain to see that lines up with the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, where the rich man could see Abraham and Lazarus in the distance, but he had been cast out to the other side.

And in Matthew he says again "there are few who find it." Not many, but FEW. And definitely not ALL. These are the words of Jesus Christ.

You MUST enter through the narrow gate, "and there are few who find it".:

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is
the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go
in by it.
Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way
which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
“For many are called, but few are chosen.”
Matthew 22:14

Again he repeats "“For many are called, but few are chosen.” .

Note the words "IF YOU ENTER" below. Either you enter or you don't.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and
will go in and out and find pasture. John 10:9

The Bible makes clear that salvation is available to ALL, but Jesus says that "many will not find the door", and "many will not be able to enter", and to those who choose to reject Him, he says 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!"

The Bible does not teach that all will be saved, and this is why universalism is a huge deception.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-22-2010 at 07:22 PM..

Old 05-22-2010, 09:26 PM

21,432 posts, read 29,595,447 times
Quote:
It is my duty as a Christian to spread the truth.
And you are doing a GREAT job!

Old 05-22-2010, 11:57 PM

7,948 posts, read 8,529,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Sooner or later, Christian universalists will be taking over the whole world!
Yes I am sure they will. Spreading the happy messege that Old Uncle Charley who was a drunk and hated God will be with you in heaven-some day. Much nicer than what the Bible teaches about those who reject God's plan.

I see the appeal of Universalism.

However. There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.

And: The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:49 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,388,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Yes I am sure they will. Spreading the happy messege that Old Uncle Charley who was a drunk and hated God will be with you in heaven-some day. Much nicer than what the Bible teaches about those who reject God's plan.

However. There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.

And: The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Demons are teaching the love of Christ? Demons are teaching people to love their neighbors? Demons are teaching that the ONLY way to God is through Jesus Christ?

When I look around at this planet today, I'm pretty sure I know what those pesky demons are teaching. Turn on the news, if you dare.

Tell me, Mr5150, when were the last days?

Old 05-23-2010, 08:18 AM

309 posts, read 295,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

Mr5150....

"....those who reject God's plan...". It is obvious that you still think that the Pharaoh, King of Assyria, and the decieved prophet (those who reject Him) are NOT part of God's plan. Do you have any answers for those scriptures I gave you yet Mr5150......? Seriously, I want answers to them. It seems to me that you still think the will of Man is much MUCH stronger than the Will of God.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:58 AM

309 posts, read 295,779 times
[quote=Ilene Wright;14289192]
Quote:

WOW! I read the entire article Joe and it is fascinating! Very well written and the comparison to Joseph and his brothers is just amazing. I never would have been able to pull all that together myself and glean from it what needs to be gleaned....It would definitely serve Mr5150 well to read this, as well as anyone else who questions UR.
I knew you would like it. There is a lot of information on that site that is eye opening. You take care and God Bless Ilene
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity