U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 08:08 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,451,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Where is the story about the Guy in the boat who refuses to accept the rope thrown to him to be found in the scriptures?

I missed that one ... I mean if it were scriptural i guess you would have a point, but its not.

As a matter of fact, the scriptures teach that God changes the hearts of the wicked, not that they choose to change their own hearts.

Christ doesn't come along and offer us salvation, he declares it ...

As it is Christ in God who declares those things which are not as though they were.

You cannot logically defend your position, and it is obvious. Cute little analogy and all, but just like the boat in which your hapless Guy is sinking, it doesn't hold water ...
Forget the darn analogy! You're "old enough" to know right from wrong............NO EXCUSES!! Let your conscience be your guide. But logic do say...if you can't swim and nobody comes along....YOU DIE! Common sense says: GRAB the line!!

Carry on if you must.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 08:14 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,580,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Okay.....read it, and? Again, I ask.......Is it enough to "know" Him? I don't have to accept, believe? Wow......the very same lie, told from the beginning! The very same one! No, YOU re-read what's been said. See, I "knew" of Christ ALL OF MY LIFE! Was raised that way, until I said YES to HIS WILL and HIS WAY, reached out and grabbed the LIFELINE, it's only then, and then alone, that I was saved from self! YES, I did something d-i-f-f-e-r-e-n-t, I said YES!!

Stop it!! It's too late in the hour for a feel good story!!

Ok... you added the rest of this to your post after my last post. So let me respond to it.

Betsey.. I'm having a hard time trying to understand your tone here. Granted this is a message board. From your words and how you wrote them it seems like you are yelling at me.

Are you?

I don't want to take you the wrong way.
I'm just asking you to try to understand what Bright Hope is saying.
Your replies are making me think you didn't understand what she said.

peace,
sparrow

Old 06-07-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
What did you get out of the quote I posted? Her words?
What did you understand out of it? I'm asking because I'm wondering what is it that you object to (in that specific quote).

The whole thing cheapens His having to die in the first place! What was the purpose of His dying? If we continue on in sin? He's going to save us all anyway! All we have to do is "know" that He died for the world? Then continue on as if He never died in the first place?

Where's the respect?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Ok... you added the rest of this to your post after my last post. So let me respond to it.

Betsey.. I'm having a hard time trying to understand your tone here. Granted this is a message board. From your words and how you wrote them it seems like you are yelling at me.

Are you?

I don't want to take you the wrong way.
I'm just asking you to try to understand what Bright Hope is saying.
Your replies are making me think you didn't understand what she said.

peace,
sparrow
I understand PERFECTLY what's been said, said that......already! (Emphasis added) And my RESPONSE remains the same: YOU must believe and accept Jesus as YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!

Old 06-07-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
The whole thing cheapens His having to die in the first place! What was the purpose of His dying? If we continue on in sin? He's going to save us all anyway! All we have to do is "know" that He died for the world? Then continue on as if He never died in the first place?

Where's the respect?

Betsey... I don't want to assume I know your beliefs.
What do you believe happens to those who do have not accepted Jesus?
Do you believe they are annihilated, (dead forever) or do you believe that they are consciously tormented forever?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Betsey... I don't want to assume I know your beliefs.
What do you believe happens to those who do have not accepted Jesus?
Do you believe they are annihilated, (dead forever) or do you believe that they are consciously tormented forever?

It's all in the Bible! Anything you want know! Would you believe me if I told you? So this is why I say: I BELIEVE THE BIBLE! I believe that TODAY is the day of salvation!

Again...where's the respect for God and His words?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I understand PERFECTLY what been said, said that......already! (Emphasis added) And my RESPONSE remains the same: YOU must believe and accept Jesus as YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!

Betsey... Perhaps we should wait until Bright Hope can respond. I really don't think you are getting what she is saying. And that's ok. I'd rather not speak for Bright Hope.

Betsey, I will just say this. What don't you understand about the verse that says Every knee will bow and every tongue will SWEAR ALLEGIANCE?

Does that not give you a wonderful sense of hope in the absolute, ABSOLUTE power of God?

That EVERY knee WILL Bow.
And every tongue WILL SWEAR ALLEGIANCE?
Just as you are saying "you MUST believe and accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour!" YES, Betsey. Don't you see the power of our almighty God?

EVERY tongue WILL SWEAR ALLEGIANCE, friend.
This is GOOD NEWS.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
It's all in the Bible! Anything you want know! Would you believe me if I told you? So this is why I say: I BELIEVE THE BIBLE! I believe that TODAY is the day of salvation!

No, Betsey. I am asking YOU what YOU believe.
So that I can understand YOU Betsey and where you are coming from.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:

Again...where's the respect for God and His words?

Betsey, feel free to direct message me if you would like. If you are not comfortable talking about specific things, I don't mind talking via direct message. Just let me know.
peace,
sparrow

Old 06-07-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
No, Betsey. I am asking YOU what YOU believe.
So that I can understand YOU Betsey and where you are coming from.
Which part of THE BIBLE do you not understand sparrow? ALL OF IT!! And no, not yelling, just making sure "you understand"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity