Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 09:00 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,617,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Whatever you say. I provided the context and the verses around the ones you licked, and they proved you wrong. There are none as blind as those who refuse to see.
No, Finn....you believe you proved me wrong and you did not and cannot. And you're right, there are none as blind as those who refuse to see.

Edit to add: You seem to forget Finn that I used to believe exactly like you do. So who has the truth? Really think about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 09:03 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
If you were relating that to Universalist then that would be a diversion because Universalists understand that Sin is not destroyed Today. But again you give me course to state that eventually ALL Sin shall be destroyed.
I was only replying to someone's post and it sounded like that poster was saying all sin has already been destroyed.

Yes, eventually all sin will be destroyed. However, I believe that even during the 1000 year kingdom, sin will still be here although Satan will not be allowed to roam around tempting people. But there is no sin after that.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:12 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
No, Finn....you believe you proved me wrong and you did not and cannot. And you're right, there are none as blind as those who refuse to see.

Edit to add: You seem to forget Finn that I used to believe exactly like you do. So who has the truth? Really think about that.
Ilene, reading your quotes : if the Bible SPECIFICALLY says the fire was for believers, then how can you argue otherwise,

Your abandonment of your faith, and the word of God does not make your POV correct.

The verse just before your verse says an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power

It talks about people "in faith", so how does that turn to mean "unbelievers are tried in fire and saved"??? It simply does not.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:22 AM

309 posts, read 362,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I see that you think we don't need to desire Jesus as our personal Lord and savior. That works for me. UR is not biblical. Everyone gets eternal life? that is not what the Bible says. Or at the very least we get eternal life, but is a question of where you spend it

Matt 7:13-14

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

End of discussion.

Believe what you want, but it won't change what God has said.
Mr5150.... One thing that holds you so tight to your view is that you think one is ABLE to choose Jesus. Actually, the point of worship in your whole theology is the "Man's Choice", THEN Christ. Click the link below and tell us what these verses mean then, please. To date none of you have. Once you have read them, you will forever be accountable to answer them.

The IPA Refutes Universalism

Also, this is for EVERYBODY.......Here is a great tid-bit on what the lake of fire is and the suffering that goes on in it. Mr5150....you would do well to read it, because your understanding of the UR stand point is shady. ET basically believes "If you don't Believe/choose Jesus, the you will go to a Eternal Hell". We believe there is a CHOSEN few that will be in the Blessed 1st Resurrection, and there will be "spiritually deaf" believers AND unbelievers in the 2nd resurrection, and whoever is not in the Book of Life is thrown into the Lake of Fire. The article is VERY eye opening "Ilene" would love it.

How Is The Lake Of Fire Administered?

God Bless and thank you Mr5150 for at least trying to understand our view. But as you say "Believe what you want, but it won't change what God has said". It is you who has NOT HEARD Him, you just think you have. I dont mean that to be rude, this is a process you must go through though. We have all stood where you are standing right now.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:49 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:
I was only replying to someone's post and it sounded like that poster was saying all sin has already been destroyed.

Yes, eventually all sin will be destroyed. However, I believe that even during the 1000 year kingdom, sin will still be here although Satan will not be allowed to roam around tempting people. But there is no sin after that.
Then are you a universalist (since you believe all sin will eventually be destroyed)?

Old 05-22-2010, 09:51 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Then are you a universalist (since you believe all sin will eventually be destroyed)?
If all sin is eventually destroyed, then this so called "eternal" hell will not contain sinners. You cannot be a sinner, if there is no sin.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:55 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
If all sin is eventually destroyed, then this so called "eternal" hell will not contain sinners. You cannot be a sinner, if there is no sin.
Yes that is the point I was getting to. ;-)

Old 05-22-2010, 10:06 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,172,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
Good link Joe - when I read something that agrees with what the Lord has been showing, it really lifts me up.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:58 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
Also, this is for EVERYBODY.......Here is a great tid-bit on what the lake of fire is and the suffering that goes on in it. Mr5150....you would do well to read it, because your understanding of the UR stand point is shady. ET basically believes "If you don't Believe/choose Jesus, the you will go to a Eternal Hell". We believe there is a CHOSEN few that will be in the Blessed 1st Resurrection, and there will be "spiritually deaf" believers AND unbelievers in the 2nd resurrection, and whoever is not in the Book of Life is thrown into the Lake of Fire. The article is VERY eye opening "Ilene" would love it.

How Is The Lake Of Fire Administered?
WOW! I read the entire article Joe and it is fascinating! Very well written and the comparison to Joseph and his brothers is just amazing. I never would have been able to pull all that together myself and glean from it what needs to be gleaned....It would definitely serve Mr5150 well to read this, as well as anyone else who questions UR.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Ilene, reading your quotes : if the Bible SPECIFICALLY says the fire was for believers, then how can you argue otherwise,

Your abandonment of your faith, and the word of God does not make your POV correct.

The verse just before your verse says an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power

It talks about people "in faith", so how does that turn to mean "unbelievers are tried in fire and saved"??? It simply does not.
Whatever Finn, I've moved on. It would serve you well to read the link that Joeallcomm provided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity